Don Quijote reference...

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Chassit19
Initiate

Don Quijote reference...

Post by Chassit19 » January 26th, 2016, 8:38 am

Kudos to this. Hopefully this NPC has further development.

Sort of surprised to see real world reference though. Does it have anything to do with the smear of shame in Black Isle's history that is known as Lionheart? Or am I thinking too much about it?

blightcaller
Initiate

Re: Don Quijote reference...

Post by blightcaller » March 6th, 2016, 7:35 am

Dude, and I thought I was the only one to notice that... Really cool stuff. I'm a literature teacher in my country (Brazil) and I'm used to look for classic literature references in RPG's. This one was cool to notice. I'll certainly try to find others along the game.

Adam Heine
Acolyte

Post by Adam Heine » June 8th, 2016, 6:04 am

Believe it or not, this guy is a backer NPC. You can thank the backer for the inspiration and Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie for the fine (and amusing) writing. The references to Don Quixote are intentional.
Adam Heine
Torment Design Lead

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » June 8th, 2016, 7:23 am

Adam Heine wrote:Believe it or not, this guy is a backer NPC. You can thank the backer for the inspiration and Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie for the fine (and amusing) writing. The references to Don Quixote are intentional.
hah, nice well if you ever are around creator Mr. Backer i also think it fits perfectly into the game :)

nice one

GavinJF
Acolyte

Post by GavinJF » June 8th, 2016, 4:53 pm

The character was a LOT of fun, and I may have listened to Man of La Mancha for the entire day while writing it.