Anybody else catch the Adahn reference?

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

omphaloskepsis
Acolyte

Anybody else catch the Adahn reference?

Post by omphaloskepsis »

The name that (the previous) you were known by 10 years ago in Sagus Cliffs is Adahn, which is the false name that The Nameless One had the option to give multiple times in PST dialog.

If you lied about it often enough, you'd will Adahn into existence, and you could run into him at a bar.

Nice easter egg.
Omeganian
Initiate

Re: Anybody else catch the Adahn reference?

Post by Omeganian »

I already put it on the Tv Tropes page for the game. Did you notice the lady with three rodents?
Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva »

Omeganian wrote:I already put it on the Tv Tropes page for the game. Did you notice the lady with three rodents?
i saw both, but did not get the rodents as a reference? whats it about i may just have forgotten
Omeganian
Initiate

Post by Omeganian »

Lord of Riva wrote:
Omeganian wrote:I already put it on the Tv Tropes page for the game. Did you notice the lady with three rodents?
i saw both, but did not get the rodents as a reference? whats it about i may just have forgotten
Their names.
omphaloskepsis
Acolyte

Post by omphaloskepsis »

I missed that. I'll go check it out. Thanks.
Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva »

Omeganian wrote:
Lord of Riva wrote:
Their names.

gonna have a look again lol
donald
Initiate

Post by donald »

Yeah, and it was very early!
Mother Temaz feels like a Mebbeth reference. I'm dying fro these great references... All the feels! I love this rpg!
Last edited by donald on March 6th, 2017, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vizera
Initiate

Post by Vizera »

I am surprised no one has mentioned O in the "totally not smoldering corpse bar" yet.
Heatpad
Initiate

Post by Heatpad »

Vizera wrote:I am surprised no one has mentioned O in the "totally not smoldering corpse bar" yet.
100% in agreement. I was very fond of all of the nods to Planescape: Torment that I encountered, but the inclusive of O was exciting on an entirely different level. O has always been one of my favourite minor NPCs in PS:T (along with Reekwind and the Crier of Es-Annon).
Vizera
Initiate

Post by Vizera »

My favorite PST nod was a reference to the cranium rats in the first area of the Bloom.
Not going to spoil it, but it is found by clicking that pillar in the middle (not sure if you need anamnesis).

Return to “TTON: Story Discussion”