How many worlds?

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: How many worlds?

Post by kilobug » January 8th, 2016, 12:41 am

cyseal wrote:Does the "Tides of Numenera" have other meaning than alignments?
For example, did Sunken Market get flooded by the sea tide? https://cdn.inxile-entertainment.com/to ... Market.jpg
The Tides (with a capital T) is the "alignment" system, but that will also affect the world - some people can feel the Tides, the Last Castoff will have some different abilities depending on the Tides he follows, some items can respond to Tides, ...

Now if there'll be "sea tides" (without a capital T) involved in the game, I'm not sure, but if they are they'll likely share no connection with the Tides.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » January 8th, 2016, 2:44 am

kilobug wrote:
Firkraag wrote:I really want to play nano and take this world apart piece by piece to see, how's it ticking. =)
Definitely a worthy goal, but I doubt TTON will have the scope necessary to actually succeed in unlocking all the secrets ;) Some of the mystery will remain forever...
At least, on screen... *grins* But, as wise man said in Conan, this is another story.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

ShadowFighter88
Initiate

Post by ShadowFighter88 » January 24th, 2016, 4:08 pm

cyseal wrote:Does the "Tides of Numenera" have other meaning than alignments?
For example, did Sunken Market get flooded by the sea tide? https://cdn.inxile-entertainment.com/to ... Market.jpg
That looks like it's in the aforementioned Oasis, just at the edge of the hemisphere of water.

Also worth pointing out that the continent is actually the only one on the planet - one of the prior worlds had the terraforming technology to merge all of Earth's landmasses together into a star-shaped supercontinent. And the circles, like the Clock of Kala, aren't icons. Those are to-scale.

GasMaskFan
Explorer

Post by GasMaskFan » January 25th, 2016, 12:20 am

Yup, I just gotta love those circles :D Once I saw the whole supercontinent map I was like "Oh shit, there are three more of them?"
The gas mask enthusiast