Planescape's connection with Numenara

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Firkraag
Adventurer

Re: Planescape's connection with Numenara

Post by Firkraag » January 25th, 2016, 2:47 am

GasMaskFan wrote:
Firkraag wrote:
GasMaskFan wrote:Also, it is 3 dollars. What did you expect? Something more than few tips and bestiary entries? Pfft, that'd be ridiculous for that price
You would be impressed. At the time I bought fanmade "Celestial Wisdom" PDF for 1c more, than this "Lovecraftain Numenera" and was impressed how it was several magnitudes better. You can check it yourself, because now it's PDF is free on drivethrurpg. I can't even compare amounts of content and passion, that was put in these two supplements. And it was first RCG published book. See for yourself and make own opinion.
Last edited by Firkraag on January 25th, 2016, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

GasMaskFan
Explorer

Post by GasMaskFan » January 25th, 2016, 2:49 am

Firkraag wrote:
GasMaskFan wrote:
Firkraag wrote:
You would be impressed. At the time I bought fanmade "Celestial Wisdom" PDF for 1c more, then "Lovecraftain Numenera" and was impressed how it was several magnitudes better. You can check it yourself, because now it's PDF is free on drivethrurpg. You can't compare amounts of content and passion, that was put in those two supplements. And it was first RCG published book. See and make your opinion.
Well duh, writer of that is a fan, fans have so much passion they are willing to sell it underpriced :p
The gas mask enthusiast

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » January 25th, 2016, 2:58 am

But it's not an excuse for someone like Monte Cook to sell this... mockery of a supplement. I bet even you or OP can write better three page article on Lovercraftian horror and Mythos in Numenera. I've seen some articles, better than this. They weren't sold, and authors didn't ask for donations because they know better than to overprice their work either. Without art it uses (read: wastes. It could've been used in something much more cooler) LN shouldn't cost more than 50c.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Biggrin
Novice

Post by Biggrin » January 25th, 2016, 11:27 am

Tharizdun and Elder Elemental Evils are probably Lovecraftian elements Cyseals talkin about, Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun is still one o best modules you can get for this, real creepy if dun well. Think later D&D had Far Realms or someat that focused on usual gibberin, tentacled mind benders.

cyseal
Acolyte

Post by cyseal » January 25th, 2016, 11:53 am

I got lovecraftian vibe from the Bloom and the creatures I saw in it. First creature I don't know it's name, the Maw etc.
First glimpse trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd43NYBzHuk