Torment External News Thread

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Firkraag
Adventurer

Re: Torment External News Thread

Post by Firkraag » May 6th, 2015, 3:34 pm

Practice patience and serenity, oh, forgotten one. ;)

I am yet to see a Kickstarter project, that could't benefit from such behavior, when authors at work.

P.S. They've mentioned new update to come soon enough, somewhere around not a while ago.
Last edited by Firkraag on May 6th, 2015, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » May 6th, 2015, 4:32 pm

It has been a while and it'll be a bit longer before the next one, so bear with us a little. We tend to go a little more quiet when we're all heads-down and working hard, so consider it a bit of a good sign, but of course we do want to keep you guys in the loop.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

middydj
Initiate

Post by middydj » May 6th, 2015, 9:29 pm

Azmodiuz wrote:I feel, the lack of hype and information about Torment has made anticipation for this game slowly die out, since PoE was not as great as it was supposed to be, interest in TToN has died slowly too. Updates are too infrequesnt.

Speak for yourself. Patience is key. Not like the game is being released this summer. Take a break from asking for updates and come back late summer or LATER to check on progress.. Game will be released when it is ready.

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Post by Azmodiuz » May 11th, 2015, 4:38 am

I do speak for myself. I also have beta access, and that is no where in sight, while we were told we would have a playable game late last year, now early this year until now, its nowhere to be seen or heard of. Not much of an update in awhile.

This was a publicly funded project, the public should be kept informed. Do not make the same mistake publishers make, and keep everything to yourselves until the very end, now.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » May 11th, 2015, 2:08 pm

Azmodiuz wrote:while we were told we would have a playable game late last year, now early this year until now
Actually, it's been "fourth quarter of 2015" since June of last year (Update #31).

While the "estimated delivery" may have been December of 2014, those are notoriously inaccurate for pretty much every single project ever launched on the site. I think I've had one project that delivered on time, and that was because the guy was doing all the manufacturing himself, by hand; the Kickstarter was just to get him the money to buy the wood he was going to use.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

middydj
Initiate

Post by middydj » May 11th, 2015, 11:33 pm

You are not the only one who has beta access... This is the same people that made WL2... Also will be making Bards T4. I never got a chance to back them but I noticed looking back they kept the public informed. Don't think it will change now.

Brother dropped an update a bit over 60 days ago. So they do keep the public informed. Maybe not at the pace you may like it but news gets put out here.

Hate to say it but you need to check back in a year. You can drive yourself crazy thinking about it or take a long break from thinking about the release date and do some other things. Your call lol. Sorry I had to chuckle thinking about what I typed.

See ya man and have fun with what ever you do!

sear
Developer

Post by sear » June 1st, 2015, 2:10 pm

We have a handful of brand-new environment renders in wallpaper format for you guys to check out. Enjoy!

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... wallpapers

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » June 1st, 2015, 10:15 pm

Thanks!

Drudenhaus
Initiate

Post by Drudenhaus » June 3rd, 2015, 1:45 pm

sear wrote:We have a handful of brand-new environment renders in wallpaper format for you guys to check out. Enjoy!

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... wallpapers
Thanks! I'd love a 3440x1440 wallpaper too ;)

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » June 10th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Post by Azmodiuz » June 27th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Yeah updates have been slow, sometimes a few months inbetween. however, the last update was interesting to read, for all the people who are writing narrative or dialogue, you would think they could spare abit more for the community. We are really excited, but the excitement dies abit when the time inbetween is so long.

Spirtikus
Initiate

Post by Spirtikus » December 11th, 2015, 6:43 am

Anyone knows when will this game come out? January? February?

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » December 11th, 2015, 7:04 am

Spirtikus wrote:Anyone knows when will this game come out? January? February?
I don't have any special info, but the game is not in beta yet, so I'm more guessing Q2 2016, perhaps even early Q3 2016.

But it'll be worth the wait :)

Alvsvartr
Initiate

Post by Alvsvartr » December 14th, 2015, 12:34 am

Spirtikus wrote: perhaps even early Q3 2016.
And perhaps late Q4 2016... But if time will be used effectively for polishing the Game, painful waiting is just an illusion =)

VirtualForce
Initiate

Post by VirtualForce » December 14th, 2015, 3:16 am

my brain understands....my heart doesnt...

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » December 14th, 2015, 4:37 am

There is no time. Only enthropy.

coffeekittie
Initiate

Post by coffeekittie » December 16th, 2015, 7:30 pm

I too am feeling a loss of anticipation for the beta, much less the release, of Torment. I still mentally want this game, and I do have the patience to wait for it to be done well, but the "no updates" thing has chilled my heart. There's an overwhelming dread that this game won't see the light of day. I'm trying to push that feeling down, but it's powerful.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » December 16th, 2015, 10:42 pm

coffeekittie wrote:I too am feeling a loss of anticipation for the beta, much less the release, of Torment. I still mentally want this game, and I do have the patience to wait for it to be done well, but the "no updates" thing has chilled my heart. There's an overwhelming dread that this game won't see the light of day. I'm trying to push that feeling down, but it's powerful.
We should have more stuff to share fairly soon. Right now we are in head-down mode working hard to get the beta ready for you guys to enjoy. :)

coffeekittie
Initiate

Post by coffeekittie » December 17th, 2015, 1:03 pm

Sear, thank you for your quick response to my worried little post. I appreciate it. :) Having been involved with several software guys in the past, I remember those intense days (and nights) where nothing else existed for them but what they were working on.
Just this little thread relieves my mind.
Be well, you guys! o/

kaiman
Scholar

Post by kaiman » December 18th, 2015, 5:49 am

coffeekittie wrote:I too am feeling a loss of anticipation for the beta, much less the release, of Torment. I still mentally want this game, and I do have the patience to wait for it to be done well, but the "no updates" thing has chilled my heart. There's an overwhelming dread that this game won't see the light of day. I'm trying to push that feeling down, but it's powerful.
Lack of updates is somewhat frustrating, but given that the last few updates spoiled too many parts of the game for my taste (the whole opening sequence, for instance!) I am not too concerned.

I am also really ambivalent about the beta. I'm tempted to try it out, but actually I'd rather not. With a bit of luck, it won't be available on Linux, which would make my decision an easy one :-).

I really do highly anticipate the final game (or at least the initial full release), though! Actually, it's (still) the top game on my list of upcoming titles, kickstarted or others.

I can relate to your feeling, though. Same happened to me on a couple other kickstarters, where I've been quite enthusiastic in the beginning. But the same is true for ordinary releases, too. Often the reason for that is that expectations are different from what is being delivered. But with TToN, I think inXile is on the right track.