Updated Our Journal #65: The Wait Is Over

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

sear
Developer

Updated Our Journal #65: The Wait Is Over

Post by sear » February 28th, 2017, 12:33 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ts/1818319
Hello Exiles,

When we first came to you asking for your help in making a new Torment game, we were genuinely overwhelmed and moved by the sheer outpouring of support. Torment is a game that would never have happened without you, and you blew us away beyond our wildest expectations.

Now the wait is over, and Torment: Tides of Numenera is ready for you to play, enjoy and experience. This is a true RPG with over 1.2 million words of text, multiple huge locations to explore, with the most involved quests and characters we have ever made – we tend to be overly ambitious on these things, and it is a much deeper game than we initially set out to create.

The entire team at inXile has worked countless hours to bring you the new Torment, we are immensely proud of what we made. Of course, we made the game first and foremost for you, our backers, and we truly hope you enjoy it.

Thank you,
Brian Fargo
Your Leader in Exile

Serjo
Explorer

Re: Updated Our Journal #65: The Wait Is Over

Post by Serjo » February 28th, 2017, 12:46 am

Can somebody check the credits for information about the live orchestral soundtrack? The orchestra would have to be credited.

Takkik
Acolyte

Post by Takkik » February 28th, 2017, 1:09 am

So now can we have words about the cut content you tried to hide with your silence?

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » February 28th, 2017, 1:49 am

Why are all the review threads locked?

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » February 28th, 2017, 2:03 am

Serjo wrote:Why are all the review threads locked?
hmhm, nice move. there are quite a few mixed reviews that have not been linked to the review thread, thats not nice. Brother none even locked the thread.

EDIT: And we cant even attach it to the review thread. Seriously whats the deal with that?

EDIT²: or is there any damn reason for those 2-3 review pages not being in there? the other scores are very good, i do not see the point and people will not like it.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » February 28th, 2017, 2:16 am

Lord of Riva wrote:
hmhm, nice move. there are quite a few mixed reviews that have not been linked to the review thread, thats not nice. Brother none even locked the thread.

EDIT: And we cant even attach it to the review thread. Seriously whats the deal with that?

EDIT²: or is there any damn reason for those 2-3 review pages not being in there? the other scores are very good, i do not see the point and people will not like it.
You guys are welcome to discuss in other threads, we just started the sticky as an easy directory to keep them all together in one place. :) We'll be updating them over time as more reviews come out.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » February 28th, 2017, 2:21 am

sear wrote:
Lord of Riva wrote:

You guys are welcome to discuss in other threads, we just started the sticky as an easy directory to keep them all together in one place. :) We'll be updating them over time as more reviews come out.
if thats the case i would kindly ask that this thread be unlocked?

viewtopic.php?f=46&p=181601#p181601

(you can even rename it to "review discussions" or something)

thanks, i know you guys are stressed and seemingly you even have a bit of work still. So please trust your community on this one, i believe this game will be good so do most (but not all) reviews there is no need to fear.

So concentrate on whatever you do to fix things if necessary and if you can kick your legs back and relax after a Job well done :)

EDIT: and now i will stop responding i am able to play now :P