Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

User avatar
crazypea
Novice
Posts: 29
Joined: December 14th, 2016, 1:42 pm

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by crazypea » December 17th, 2016, 12:47 pm

sear wrote: We do try to provide our earliest backers with the best value and exclusive stuff, but we also want retail buyers to get something cool too.
Would it have not been better to make the retail collector's edition a cut down version of the Kickstarter's collector edition, thus sending out the message 'This is really good, but if you want the BEST edition be a backer in future...' After putting somewhere around £200 towards getting this project off the ground, I am concerned (justifiably, I think) that the message you're sending is 'If you backed us and want all the best goodies, you're going to have to pay twice - once on Kickstarter and then a second time for the retail version...'

kilobug
Adventurer
Posts: 922
Joined: September 21st, 2014, 1:07 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by kilobug » December 17th, 2016, 12:54 pm

crazypea wrote:
sear wrote: We do try to provide our earliest backers with the best value and exclusive stuff, but we also want retail buyers to get something cool too.
Would it have not been better to make the retail collector's edition a cut down version of the Kickstarter's collector edition, thus sending out the message 'This is really good, but if you want the BEST edition be a backer in future...' After putting somewhere around £200 towards getting this project off the ground, I am concerned (justifiably, I think) that the message you're sending is 'If you backed us and want all the best goodies, you're going to have to pay twice - once on Kickstarter and then a second time for the retail version...'
Do we know the price of the retail collector's edition ? If it's more expensive than the KS one, then it having a few things in addition (a few others removed) wouldn't be an issue to me.

User avatar
crazypea
Novice
Posts: 29
Joined: December 14th, 2016, 1:42 pm

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by crazypea » December 17th, 2016, 1:08 pm

kilobug wrote:
Do we know the price of the retail collector's edition ? If it's more expensive than the KS one, then it having a few things in addition (a few others removed) wouldn't be an issue to me.
If it is more expensive, then like you say, fair enough. But that's why I'm only concerned at the moment. If it's cheaper or approximately the same then I'll upgrade my status to officially spitting feathers...

kaiman
Scholar
Posts: 235
Joined: March 10th, 2015, 3:40 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by kaiman » December 17th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Actually, I hope the KS collectors edition is more the size of a regular old-school box and not that crazy huge cube the day-one CE appears to be. Other than that, all I'd wish for is a decent quality cloth map and the Linux client DRM-free on the disc. I don't need statuettes or key-rings, and much less in-game fluff.

In a way, I am quite happy to see the effort that goes into the TToN release, and hope it'll be as big a success commercially as it was back then on Kickstarter. Not only because that would be nice for inXile, but it would also send a message that games like this do indeed have an audience big enough to be worthwhile.

And now, fast forward to March and let me finally play this beast ...

Warhameron
Initiate
Posts: 12
Joined: December 15th, 2016, 1:25 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by Warhameron » December 19th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Can we know before 22 dec what is in CE baker Ed and digital Backer Ed. ? Few my friends wants Torment for Christmas, but without full information on digital stuff , they spend money on winter steam sale!

AndreaColombo
Novice
Posts: 42
Joined: June 11th, 2015, 12:47 am
Location: Budapest (HU)
Contact:

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by AndreaColombo » December 22nd, 2016, 3:05 pm

I'll be honest: I'm fairly annoyed by the retail CE's having extra material that was never available to KS backers. It should be the other way around.

Those who backed the game at the CE tier put their money toward the project 4 years in advance; that a retail CE would be more expensive at release 4 years later should be granted because time value of money. That in itself is not an advantage backers got; it is economics 101.

As it is, backers who pledged toward the physical CE are getting one less 8-inch statue and one less "tidal talisman"—that is unfair. Unless backer CEs are updated to include those items too, next time I'll know better than to pay upfront to support an inXile crowdfunding.
"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."
— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fear

User avatar
crazypea
Novice
Posts: 29
Joined: December 14th, 2016, 1:42 pm

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by crazypea » December 25th, 2016, 2:17 pm

AndreaColombo wrote:I'll be honest: I'm fairly annoyed by the retail CE's having extra material that was never available to KS backers. It should be the other way around.

Those who backed the game at the CE tier put their money toward the project 4 years in advance; that a retail CE would be more expensive at release 4 years later should be granted because time value of money. That in itself is not an advantage backers got; it is economics 101.

As it is, backers who pledged toward the physical CE are getting one less 8-inch statue and one less "tidal talisman"—that is unfair. Unless backer CEs are updated to include those items too, next time I'll know better than to pay upfront to support an inXile crowdfunding.
I agree with you completely :)

DrSahl
Initiate
Posts: 1
Joined: January 27th, 2016, 1:53 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by DrSahl » December 31st, 2016, 9:20 pm

Looking forward to the full release, beta has been shaping up pretty nice.

migelpig
Initiate
Posts: 16
Joined: January 3rd, 2017, 1:42 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by migelpig » January 3rd, 2017, 1:47 am

Will the printed Novella Compilation still be delivered prior to launch? (it still says so in the description)

Printed Novella Compilation Selected: April 3, 2013, 12:00 am

Compilation of all of the Torment: Tides of Numenera novellas. These stories will describe aspects of the Ninth World and be related to elements of Torment’s story and characters. They are not required to play, but will give you a richer understanding of the world and the game. This compilation will be delivered prior to the launch of the final game.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 786
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by anonymous6059 » January 3rd, 2017, 7:11 am

migelpig wrote:Will the printed Novella Compilation still be delivered prior to launch? (it still says so in the description)

Printed Novella Compilation Selected: April 3, 2013, 12:00 am

Compilation of all of the Torment: Tides of Numenera novellas. These stories will describe aspects of the Ninth World and be related to elements of Torment’s story and characters. They are not required to play, but will give you a richer understanding of the world and the game. This compilation will be delivered prior to the launch of the final game.
All but 2 of the novellas have been released. The 5 that are out focus on a separate tide. The 2 that we are missing seem to be focused on their own separate content. If the digital versions of the missing novellas aren't released by the beginning of February I wouldn't expect them before release. My guess is that all physical goods (including hard copy novella compilation) will arrive 1-2 months after the Official release date, February 28th. This is just my guess though. I believe that they stated that physical good would take longer, but I don't remember where.

User avatar
TwinkieGorilla
Acolyte
Posts: 96
Joined: March 5th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by TwinkieGorilla » January 7th, 2017, 6:55 am

It just occurred to me yesterday that I pledged to this campaign before I started on my current career, which has been a life-changer...and nearly impossible to think about life before it. Holy heck! I think I'm most excited about this game vis a vis ALL crowdfunded, AAA and otherwise (aside from maybe Underrail) in the past 10-15 years. The beta was outstanding. Forget V-day, Feb 28th is a new holiday.

Cheers to all involved.

User avatar
Deldaran
Acolyte
Posts: 54
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 11:06 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by Deldaran » January 27th, 2017, 6:43 am

migelpig wrote:Will the printed Novella Compilation still be delivered prior to launch? (it still says so in the description)

Printed Novella Compilation Selected: April 3, 2013, 12:00 am

Compilation of all of the Torment: Tides of Numenera novellas. These stories will describe aspects of the Ninth World and be related to elements of Torment’s story and characters. They are not required to play, but will give you a richer understanding of the world and the game. This compilation will be delivered prior to the launch of the final game.
Any official word on this yet?

Would like to know an official date estimate of when to expect the Printed Novella Compilation to be delivered. We're only a month away from the launch of the final game after all.

User avatar
sear
Developer
Posts: 2617
Joined: March 21st, 2012, 8:30 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by sear » January 27th, 2017, 6:50 am

Deldaran wrote: Any official word on this yet?

Would like to know an official date estimate of when to expect the Printed Novella Compilation to be delivered. We're only a month away from the launch of the final game after all.
Techland has said they'll ship with the game boxes.

User avatar
Deldaran
Acolyte
Posts: 54
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 11:06 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by Deldaran » January 27th, 2017, 7:15 am

sear wrote:
Deldaran wrote: Any official word on this yet?

Would like to know an official date estimate of when to expect the Printed Novella Compilation to be delivered. We're only a month away from the launch of the final game after all.
Techland has said they'll ship with the game boxes.
Thank you for your quick reply! Cheers and best wishes for this last month before release, can't wait :)

User avatar
berkus
Novice
Posts: 38
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 5:57 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by berkus » February 2nd, 2017, 3:37 am

Gentlemenses, I understand that the Torment will come out on PS4 - since I pledged over $100 I believe owning a PS4 version instead of completely useless Steam key is in order (I don't even have a machine to play it on).

I bought WL2 again for PS4, it was not a problem, but this time for the price of almost 3 AAA titles I think it should be possible to arrange some exchange of Steam keys to PS4 codes - what do you say?

It's been three years since the kickstarter and gaming landscape has shifted a bit, so providing an option to redeem the game on PS4 will make further sales for you a lot easier, it should be reasonable to invest some effort into this distribution mechanism now. I can wait - there's a bunch of games to finish, WL2 included, so if this is a possibility - do say so before the release.

Sarakash
Initiate
Posts: 19
Joined: February 5th, 2017, 10:05 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by Sarakash » February 5th, 2017, 10:10 am

Sorry if this has been asked allready, but with GoG Version available for pre-order: It was stated that backers will have the option to trade there steam beta key for a GoG version key.

When will we be able to exchange our keys ?

User avatar
vv221
Forum Moderator
Posts: 596
Joined: April 10th, 2013, 6:43 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by vv221 » February 5th, 2017, 10:13 am

Sarakash wrote:It was stated that backers will have the option to trade there steam beta key for a GoG version key.

When will we be able to exchange our keys ?
The option should be provided closer to release date, I guess inXile still need to work with Valve and/or GOG to make the process as painless as possible.
All backers should get a notification of some sort when the option to swap keys goes live ;)

User avatar
berkus
Novice
Posts: 38
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 5:57 am

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by berkus » February 7th, 2017, 3:52 am

Thanks for ignoring me, inXile, i guess this means no more backing from me.

kilobug
Adventurer
Posts: 922
Joined: September 21st, 2014, 1:07 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by kilobug » February 7th, 2017, 4:12 am

berkus wrote:Thanks for ignoring me, inXile, i guess this means no more backing from me.
Ignoring what ? InXile has no duty to answer every single post made on their forum, if you really want a personalized answer, you should contact their support team.

Especially when your question has been (partially) answered on another, dedicated, thread : viewtopic.php?p=178150#p178150 in short, they would like to be able to offer console versions for backers wanting it, but it's not something depending only on them, but also on Microsoft/Sony (and perhaps also on Techland), so for now they can't.

User avatar
Brother None
Developer
Posts: 2911
Joined: March 5th, 2012, 1:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by Brother None » February 24th, 2017, 11:54 am

Hey guys, our earlier drafts of the Torment backer manual with our temp formatting were 80 pages long. However, after formatting, it ended up at 40 pages, as we ended up using a smaller text size and larger page size overall. However, the content is exactly the same between both versions. Just wanted to clarify in case any of you end up reading the manual come release and wonder why it's a bit shorter than we originally signaled!
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests