Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

sear
Developer

Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by sear » December 14th, 2016, 7:36 am

Hi all,

I'll just let Chris take it from here...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ts/1763675

Hello Exiles,

Today's update is a little on the short side, but I think you'll forgive us this time…

We are extremely excited to announce that Torment: Tides of Numenera will be releasing February 28th, 2017! It has been a long journey, and without your help on Kickstarter it would never have happened. We could not be happier to be delivering a successor to the Torment name and legacy, and we look forward to you enjoying it early next year.

When the game releases, those of you who already have your Steam keys redeemed for the beta version of the game will auto-update to the final build, and those of you who are planning to enjoy the game DRM-free from GOG will be able to as soon as that version is ready. We will also make a key exchange option available around that time for those of you who want to deactivate your Steam key and switch to GOG. At that point, most of the remaining digital rewards will also be made available to you.

For those of you with physical goods, we'll be prompting you to confirm your final shipping information in the near future. We do not have an exact shipping timeline for those goods just yet, but Techland is hard at work getting them ready for you as soon as possible. Please be sure to keep us advised of any changes by updating your shipping details on the Torment backer web site!

Rest assured that while we have our release date, that doesn't mean our work is quite done yet. We'll be using our remaining time to polish the game for you up to the last possible moment. And of course, once we get closer to release we'll have more news to share with you as well.

Chris Keenan,
VP of Development

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: Updated Our Journal (61): Release Date!

Post by kilobug » December 14th, 2016, 7:54 am

What ? You can't do that to me, you can't ! Waiting for that game since 2014, and you release it... just before I go to holidays to Ecuador (already have the plane tickets and everything) from march 3rd to march 20th ? That's so mean !

More seriously, congratulations everyone, and I'll look forward playing it as soon as my plane lands on march 20 ! :)

Ycare
Initiate

Post by Ycare » December 14th, 2016, 7:55 am

Finally we have a date... thanks!

heartonmedic
Initiate

Post by heartonmedic » December 14th, 2016, 9:48 am

Any word on switching PC physical copy for PS4 or Xbox One?
Would we still get all the physical goodies for the big rewards we purchased?

atn
Initiate

Post by atn » December 14th, 2016, 11:37 am

Same question for digital copy: can we switch our backer digital PC copy to a PS4 digital copy ? (Apologies if this was previously answered).

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » December 14th, 2016, 12:00 pm

sear wrote:Those of you who are planning to enjoy the game DRM-free from GOG will be able to as soon as that version is ready...

Chris Keenan,
VP of Development
Ominous.

Still cool, though. Don't forget to celebrate. You made it!
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Crixler
Initiate

Post by Crixler » December 14th, 2016, 2:58 pm

I assume those of us who backed the game through either kickstarter or post-kickstarter pledges will be getting the exclusive armor from the Day One Edition as well? What is the Traveler's Guide?

Very excited for the game.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » December 14th, 2016, 7:27 pm

I'm so confused and a little annoyed. I'm glad that we have a date at last, but what the heck is the "100-page traveller’s guide"? We've already got the "explorer's guide" and its not the artbook... so what is it and why is it not listed on the collector's edition or anywhere else in rewards? I just wish you'd explain what is what instead of leaving us guessing. This is the second time you guys played this game. I spent months guessing at what the explorer's guide was, please don't make me do it all over again. I want it and I want it now! (never mind that I don't know what IT is exactly)

I found some more information here, in case anyone else is trying to figure this out as well: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/12/14 ... ed/239956/

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » December 15th, 2016, 1:16 am

anonymous6059 wrote:I'm so confused and a little annoyed. I'm glad that we have a date at last, but what the heck is the "100-page traveller’s guide"?

I would say it's the "strategy guide" mentioned as digital-only during KS that finally got a printed edition, but I'm not 100% sure, and it would be nice to know if the KS collector box will also get the printed version or not.

Tuth
Novice

Post by Tuth » December 15th, 2016, 3:26 am

Yay, finally a release date! Can't wait to get the goodies and the game itself, so excited.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » December 15th, 2016, 8:27 am

anonymous6059 wrote: what the heck is the "100-page traveller’s guide"?
The Traveler's Guide is an adapted and slightly shorter version of the full backer old-school manual.

citizen_x
Novice

Post by citizen_x » December 15th, 2016, 10:33 am

Quick technical question, will the game bought on DVD`s be a well, a game, or will it be only steam cache that doesnt work without steam /online connection ?
Also what is the official price, because in poland they are asking considerably more than the wasteland 2 and pillars at premiere.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » December 15th, 2016, 12:25 pm

citizen_x wrote:Quick technical question, will the game bought on DVD`s be a well, a game, or will it be only steam cache that doesnt work without steam /online connection ?
Also what is the official price, because in poland they are asking considerably more than the wasteland 2 and pillars at premiere.
The retail version will provide a DVD version of the game which requires Steam to use.

For pricing, you will want to check with your local retailer of choice. :)

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » December 15th, 2016, 4:09 pm

sear wrote:
anonymous6059 wrote: what the heck is the "100-page traveller’s guide"?
The Traveler's Guide is an adapted and slightly shorter version of the full backer old-school manual.
I'm still confused. I dont see a "old-school manual" reward either. What tier reward is this for? I have a Limited Collector's Edition and the "Printed Torment Game Manual" reward. Does traveller's Guide = Printer Torment game Manual? I need this stuff broke down and idiot proof or else I'm going to be scrounging around like a addict trying to find out what I need to do to get this reward. Please, oh please tell me that I've got that sexy book or I'm seriously going to throw a tantrum right here and now. :cry:

sear
Developer

Post by sear » December 15th, 2016, 5:27 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:I'm still confused. I dont see a "old-school manual" reward either. What tier reward is this for? I have a Limited Collector's Edition and the "Printed Torment Game Manual" reward. Does traveller's Guide = Printer Torment game Manual? I need this stuff broke down and idiot proof or else I'm going to be scrounging around like a addict trying to find out what I need to do to get this reward. Please, oh please tell me that I've got that sexy book or I'm seriously going to throw a tantrum right here and now. :cry:
No need to cry. ;) By "old-school manual" I was referring to the printed game manual.

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » December 16th, 2016, 8:20 am

Captain's log, December 16:
Release date briefly sighted off the coast of Madagascar. Crew enthusiastic, but leery.

:)
marmelade & jam

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » December 16th, 2016, 4:10 pm

sear wrote:
anonymous6059 wrote:I'm still confused. I dont see a "old-school manual" reward either. What tier reward is this for? I have a Limited Collector's Edition and the "Printed Torment Game Manual" reward. Does traveller's Guide = Printer Torment game Manual? I need this stuff broke down and idiot proof or else I'm going to be scrounging around like a addict trying to find out what I need to do to get this reward. Please, oh please tell me that I've got that sexy book or I'm seriously going to throw a tantrum right here and now. :cry:
No need to cry. ;) By "old-school manual" I was referring to the printed game manual.
Yay!!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!! Okay... I'll calm down now. Thanks for letting me know Sear!

Any chance we can get some info on what the "Day One edition" is and how it compares to say the "limited Collector's Edition". I'd be very sad if the Day One version was nicer, but if they are the same I'll deal with it. Would be nice though if the backers got the better version of course.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » December 16th, 2016, 6:55 pm

anonymous6059 wrote: Any chance we can get some info on what the "Day One edition" is and how it compares to say the "limited Collector's Edition". I'd be very sad if the Day One version was nicer, but if they are the same I'll deal with it. Would be nice though if the backers got the better version of course.
You can easy view the contents of all of our rewards by checking their details on the Torment backer web site and compare them directly. :) We do try to provide our earliest backers with the best value and exclusive stuff, but we also want retail buyers to get something cool too.

Crixler
Initiate

Post by Crixler » December 16th, 2016, 9:22 pm

sear wrote:You can easy view the contents of all of our rewards by checking their details on the Torment backer web site and compare them directly. :) We do try to provide our earliest backers with the best value and exclusive stuff, but we also want retail buyers to get something cool too.
So does that mean we aren't getting the Mindforged Synthsteel Plating armor from the day one edition, since (as far as I can tell) it is not mentioned on the backer page anywhere?

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » December 17th, 2016, 1:07 am

sear wrote:
anonymous6059 wrote: Any chance we can get some info on what the "Day One edition" is and how it compares to say the "limited Collector's Edition". I'd be very sad if the Day One version was nicer, but if they are the same I'll deal with it. Would be nice though if the backers got the better version of course.
You can easy view the contents of all of our rewards by checking their details on the Torment backer web site and compare them directly. :) We do try to provide our earliest backers with the best value and exclusive stuff, but we also want retail buyers to get something cool too.
So, just speaking of the CollectorsEditon:
https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... ards?id=46
We´ll get a Cloth Map instead of a paper map, we´ll get an expended manual, a different Box. Tons of digital stuff the DayOneCE won´t have. (well, we don´t know for sure, you haven´t really talked about it yet) Neither one will get a steelbook, this will be exclusive for Preorders of the DayOneBE. But no stature, no key ring for BackerCE.

(will write something regarding my personal opinion on that stuff later on)