Updated Our Journal (57): Techland Partnership

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Goral
Acolyte

Re: Updated Our Journal (57): Techland Partnership

Post by Goral » August 13th, 2016, 11:29 am

marcuscox85 wrote:For the Kickstarter backers is there any possibilities that we can choose to get a console download instead of a computer download? Or perhaps a way to upgrade?
Fake account detected.

Sorry but I don't believe that this decision won't have a huge impact on PC version. Look at how shitty UI has become in W2:DC and how tedious trading has become. You just can't do the things with gamepad that you can with a mouse and keyboard and the result is that everything is dumbed down. Also, console players in general don't want sophisticated games like Age of Decadence, they want games they can play on a couch while eating some chips.

Also, I would like to remind everyone what Brian Fargo said in 2013: http://www.gamesradar.com/player-choice ... n-fargo/2/
[quote="Brian "The liar"Fargo"]However, we’ve gone to the crowd and they’ve given us money for a very specific purpose, which is to put our games on the PC, Mac and Linux. So that’s where we’re expending 100% of our efforts. We don’t spend any of our time wondering whether it can or can’t be done on consoles, because that isn’t our charter. Our charter is to deliver these first versions.[/quote]

Add to this how inXile has treated one of its bigger backers or how how they bullied indie studios and it really doesn't look to good.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » August 13th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Keep flogging that chicken.
Goral wrote:Sorry but I don't believe that this decision won't have a huge impact on PC version. Look at how shitty UI has become in W2:DC and how tedious trading has become.
Outside of trading, the DC's UI is flat out superior. The pull-down menus in Vanilla were one of the worst ideas I've ever seen in a game.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Named
Initiate

Post by Named » August 13th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Goral wrote:
marcuscox85 wrote:
Sorry but I don't believe that this decision won't have a huge impact on PC version. Look at how shitty UI has become in W2:DC and how tedious trading has become.

Also, I would like to remind everyone what Brian Fargo said in 2013: http://www.gamesradar.com/player-choice ... n-fargo/2/
[quote="Brian "The liar"Fargo"]However, we’ve gone to the crowd and they’ve given us money for a very specific purpose, which is to put our games on the PC, Mac and Linux. So that’s where we’re expending 100% of our efforts. We don’t spend any of our time wondering whether it can or can’t be done on consoles, because that isn’t our charter. Our charter is to deliver these first versions.
[/quote]
Totally agree with you Goral, for something completely different, look at what Blizzard did with Diablo III, people return to Diablo II because they can't look at what happened to their favorite game series.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » August 14th, 2016, 8:36 am

Goral wrote:Sorry but I don't believe that this decision won't have a huge impact on PC version. Look at how shitty UI has become in W2:DC and how tedious trading has become.
Well, the nice thing is you're already able to play our PC version and see the UI. All our backers have been able to jump into Early Access for a while now, and the UI has been complete for a while now. Do you think we're going to re-do the PC UI at this point?
Brian Fargo wrote:However, we’ve gone to the crowd and they’ve given us money for a very specific purpose, which is to put our games on the PC, Mac and Linux. So that’s where we’re expending 100% of our efforts.
And that's correct - all our crowdfunding money was spent towards the PC, Mac and Linux version, plus additional monies from our back catalog. Not just did all the backer money go towards making the PC game the best it could be, we even added to that. How does a port of the game financed outside crowdfunding affect this effort, then? It's not like we're diverting funds or effort that could otherwise go to PC into consoles, it's a separate effort.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » August 14th, 2016, 9:25 am

Brother None wrote:
Well, the nice thing is you're already able to play our PC version and see the UI. All our backers have been able to jump into Early Access for a while now, and the UI has been complete for a while now. Do you think we're going to re-do the PC UI at this point?
Brian Fargo wrote:However, we’ve gone to the crowd and they’ve given us money for a very specific purpose, which is to put our games on the PC, Mac and Linux. So that’s where we’re expending 100% of our efforts.
And that's correct - all our crowdfunding money was spent towards the PC, Mac and Linux version, plus additional monies from our back catalog. Not just did all the backer money go towards making the PC game the best it could be, we even added to that. How does a port of the game financed outside crowdfunding affect this effort, then? It's not like we're diverting funds or effort that could otherwise go to PC into consoles, it's a separate effort.
well the thing is you will not change the perception of those who see a problem with this.
Even if this is the truth people will never "know" it unless InXile shows how exactly the money is spend which wont happen.

people are cynics because they have a reason to be one and in the wild wild frontier of the internetz they have seen enough people trying to screw them over.

there is only one true solution and that is being honest regardless of the question, this encompasses questions about the finances and other things you may not want to disclose though. I think its great what you are trying to do here but i guess it will be in vain.

This problem could have been avoided by making the console port after the PC release, since it happens at the same time people have enough reason to assume that you guys lied. In the end the question is again if the additional revenue due to the earlier releases is worth the peoples anger.

I personally do not think that there is a problem with this, instead i will judge the game for what it is when it releases and im not worried that it will be anything but excellent.

And im sorry if im posting this towards you Brother none as you are probably aware about the whole problem , however there is no Entitlement on either side, all of it is justifiable if you see the others side and as annoying as it is in the end you cant please everyone and trust has to be earned.

Im quite unsure why i even posted this, but oh well i hope you guys have a nice whatever it currently is for you time wise :D
and at the people getting sour about this, i ask you to take a step back and check if this is truly reasonable, thanks.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » August 28th, 2016, 5:06 am

I have no problem with this, just as long as InXile knows that if the PC version ends up with a weird control or movement scheme that feels unintuitive to KBM we know what to blame.
Matthias did nothing wrong!