Updated Our Journal (55): Red Novella Now Available, Posters Back in Stock

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

sear
Developer

Updated Our Journal (55): Red Novella Now Available, Posters Back in Stock

Post by sear » April 29th, 2016, 11:19 am

Today's Kickstarter update brings us a production status update (including the announcement that Torment is now playable start-to-end), as well as the release of the From the Depths: Red novella by Nathan Long!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ts/1561767
Eric checking in. In our previous update, we told you about how we were targeting an April milestone for getting the game content complete. We're happy to say that we've hit that milestone – this means Torment is now playable start to finish, albeit in a somewhat rough state.

The feedback we've gained from the backer beta has been invaluable in allowing us to improve upon the game in a number of ways. In particular, we've been in the thick of a massive user interface overhaul on both the art and design fronts, cleaning up a lot of the temporary and placeholder stuff that was in when the beta launched. It is shaping up extremely well.

Furthermore, we've been reworking the game's introduction. This is one of the things we got the most comments about during the beta's early stages - how while the strangeness of the world, the visuals and the writing were all engrossing, the pacing and the way information was communicated about the game systems and story felt like they could use a bit of work. The changes we've made should address these points while also moving things along a bit more quickly.

A lot of these polish points are still in the works, and we're also chipping away at our bug lists, balance and systems tweaks both in and out of combat, and adding additional layers of improvements on for animation, visual effects and scene artwork. We're still working towards a more stable and complete build for you to enjoy, but when the next beta update comes, it will be one of the most extensive we've done.
Backers looking for the new novella can find it in their Torment rewards under their accounts - look for the "Downloads" button.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Re: Updated Our Journal (55): Red Novella Now Available, Posters Back in Stock

Post by Lord of Riva » April 29th, 2016, 11:47 am

niiiiiiiiccccce

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » April 29th, 2016, 3:55 pm

so since nobody is posting anyways i will make a double post.

if you would be so kind could one of the team answer me 2 question?

a) Will we see an option to toggle to to see which tides are influenced by a certain dialogue and what our tide alignenemnts are?
b) how many Foki will we be able to choose from? (pure number is enough i dont need any details)

getting those two answers would be awesome, otherwise its back to patiently waiting

randomstatistic
Initiate

Post by randomstatistic » April 29th, 2016, 8:22 pm

The epub version fails the validator here: http://validator.idpf.org/
I noticed this because Google Books refused to process it when I tried to upload.

Fry
Initiate

Post by Fry » April 29th, 2016, 8:33 pm

FYI, the author name in the Red Hand .mobi version metadata is "Nahtan Long".

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » April 29th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Great news that things are going forward in a nice way (but I never really doubted it !) :)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » April 30th, 2016, 8:48 am

randomstatistic wrote:The epub version fails the validator here: http://validator.idpf.org/
I noticed this because Google Books refused to process it when I tried to upload.
We might be redoing the epub and mobi versions later on, so thanks for the tip.
Fry wrote:FYI, the author name in the Red Hand .mobi version metadata is "Nahtan Long".
Thanks, should be fixed as of late yesterday.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » May 3rd, 2016, 3:17 pm

randomstatistic wrote:The epub version fails the validator here: http://validator.idpf.org/
A new EPUB was uploaded on the 29th. The validator still reports errors, but they are different meta-data based errors; it might work in Google Books now.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » May 4th, 2016, 3:46 am

tonurics wrote:
A new EPUB was uploaded on the 29th. The validator still reports errors, but they are different meta-data based errors; it might work in Google Books now.
no chance of answering my questions above?
:P

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » May 5th, 2016, 11:46 am

Been busy playing Numenera forgot to check this site for a few days. Don't worry I'm still super excited about this game! Thanks for the update too and now its time to read THE RED HAND.

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Post by Azmodiuz » May 10th, 2016, 8:38 pm

This should be in the Beta forum. Theres really no update there since january, it's as if the game is a FLOP and has been stopped. Theres no new content, no patches, no real word of anything being done, it's become very stagnant, to the point no one is very excited about this game anymore. Its not that it is taking long, its the lack of any information, knowledge, updates, show of progress... etc..

Since its a Kickstarter campaign, the public should be kept up to date at LEAST a small post once a day, even if nothing more then a SINGLE update on a picture, a comment from work, something eaten at lunch - anything !

From a business model perspective, this can only help.

Mivey
Initiate

Post by Mivey » May 11th, 2016, 12:19 am

Azmodiuz wrote:This should be in the Beta forum. Theres really no update there since january, it's as if the game is a FLOP and has been stopped.
There have been two updates on KS, one in April, one in March. An update for the game on February. Also, the game is clearly on the final stretch, which you of course know from the last update. So there is really no hyperbole needed about that.
Could they be more transparent? Sure, you always could, but that would also mean someone would need to spend time on that, some sort of community guy who is active on Twitter all day and posting stuff. Larger publishers have things like that. Indies? Not so much. A team being silent when the game is getting close to being finished is not unexpected, especially from a smaller dev.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » May 11th, 2016, 6:27 am

Yeah, our "community/PR" work is done by Eric Schwarz (sear) and me, but we also work on Torment and our other projects as designers (UI, content, systems) as well as producers. Typical of a small studio and we're not complaining, we like talking with you guys, but of course it does mean sometimes communication can be a bit slower than ideally it should be, especially when we're heads-down grinding on the game. So usually when we say least is when we are busiest, amusingly enough.

That said the point is appreciated, I made sure to post on the beta forums and we'll look into more updates soon.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Aramintai
Scholar

Post by Aramintai » May 11th, 2016, 6:54 am

I hope you guys are on track with the game.
But perhaps you can give us some new screenshots of the game? Or a new soundtrack track?

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » May 12th, 2016, 3:17 am

Aramintai wrote:I hope you guys are on track with the game.
But perhaps you can give us some new screenshots of the game? Or a new soundtrack track?
Well, they did give us one of the books this time. I just hope that in a few weeks they will have something else for us done. For now I'm just happy to see some of the rewards being fulfilled.

monocle
Acolyte

Post by monocle » May 13th, 2016, 8:55 am

any news on beta update? when?
Javascript, Java, C#, numerous frameworks and design patterns, my spellbook is quite heavy.

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Post by Azmodiuz » May 24th, 2016, 9:31 pm

They are working on some very big additions to the game, they completed their content pass for april so things are on their way. We're not getting updates to the beta ATM because they are in the process of adding things like merchants and some large overhaul of some mechanics here and there.
They didn't really say too much, but thats what they have been up to. Maybe someone else can put it in better words without quoting.

Edro
Initiate

Post by Edro » June 10th, 2016, 5:20 am

Hi! I need help. I don't see any Download button in my Rewards page. I have the reward "Torment: Tides of Numenera - Download Plus (Digital)".

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » June 13th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Edro wrote:Hi! I need help. I don't see any Download button in my Rewards page. I have the reward "Torment: Tides of Numenera - Download Plus (Digital)".
Hello Edro,

The Torment: Tides of Numenera - Download Plus (Digital) reward doesn't have any backer portal "downloads" yet. But you should be seeing a Keys button; the Keys page is where you'll find your Steam key for the Beta version we just released.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.