Updated Our Journal (53): Beta Test is Live!

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

mightyballs
Initiate

Re: Updated Our Journal (53): Beta Test is Live!

Post by mightyballs » January 22nd, 2016, 3:33 am

If i pledge now, will i get a beta key?

Alsharys
Initiate

Post by Alsharys » January 22nd, 2016, 2:32 pm

Where can I find the patch notes of the beta ?

Jordan Joestar
Acolyte

Post by Jordan Joestar » January 24th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Yep. You can find the beta in "rewards" page. :D
My resolve will open a path!

Aeschylus
Novice

Post by Aeschylus » January 25th, 2016, 10:04 pm

So for people who didn't back the beta but brought the original game it will be released for download 8am PST on the 26th? (27th for Aussies)
"Get Busy Livin, or Get Busy Diein" Shawshank Redemption

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » January 26th, 2016, 12:24 am

I doubt it. It will quite unfair to beta backers.

Steam Early access is separate deal.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

GasMaskFan
Explorer

Post by GasMaskFan » January 26th, 2016, 12:51 am

Ye, I payed extra for beta access add-on :P
The gas mask enthusiast

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » January 26th, 2016, 1:13 am

GasMaskFan wrote:Ye, I payed extra for beta access add-on :P
How is it so far?

GasMaskFan
Explorer

Post by GasMaskFan » January 26th, 2016, 1:16 am

Rather buggy and seems to have memory leak problem. So game crashes eventually. Pity I hadn't saved the game at all on first few tries :'D Lot of bugs too where the game gets stuck in combat in different ways.
The gas mask enthusiast

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » January 26th, 2016, 2:02 am

GasMaskFan wrote:Rather buggy and seems to have memory leak problem. So game crashes eventually. Pity I hadn't saved the game at all on first few tries :'D Lot of bugs too where the game gets stuck in combat in different ways.
Well, you suffer my sins of greed. Thank you, Redeemer, your deeds won't go unnoticed.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » January 26th, 2016, 2:19 am

Firkraag wrote:
GasMaskFan wrote:Ye, I payed extra for beta access add-on :P
How is it so far?
buggy but awesome.

its really good so far when you arent fighting bugs atm.
combat is still a bit problematic but that is the "biggest" issue of the game

GasMaskFan
Explorer

Post by GasMaskFan » January 26th, 2016, 2:53 am

Ye, most of bugs are related to combat. Though I'd be really happy if they fix memory leak problem fastest since that is the most annoying non combat bug to me :'D
The gas mask enthusiast

Centera
Initiate

Post by Centera » January 26th, 2016, 10:55 am

So, the game is now listed on steam and today is the relase date i think, so when we get our codes for it? Thanks. Or its wrong what i said. Maybe the date is wrong. Maybe you guys can help me XD

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » January 26th, 2016, 11:03 am

Centera wrote:So, the game is now listed on steam and today is the relase date i think, so when we get our codes for it? Thanks. Or its wrong what i said. Maybe the date is wrong. Maybe you guys can help me XD
The game is currently still in beta, this is not its final release. Beta backers have access now, while all backers get access at final release.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Lurchibald
Initiate

Post by Lurchibald » January 26th, 2016, 11:53 am

Brother None wrote:
Centera wrote:So, the game is now listed on steam and today is the relase date i think, so when we get our codes for it? Thanks. Or its wrong what i said. Maybe the date is wrong. Maybe you guys can help me XD
The game is currently still in beta, this is not its final release. Beta backers have access now, while all backers get access at final release.
So essentially what you're saying is, I could have saved my money 3 years ago and still got the beta for the same price as if I had backed? You realise this means I'll not be backing any future inxile projects, right? Since I could just simply wait for the early access and get it for the same price as a day-one backer... Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

demonofelru
Initiate

Post by demonofelru » January 26th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Lurchibald wrote: So essentially what you're saying is, I could have saved my money 3 years ago and still got the beta for the same price as if I had backed? You realise this means I'll not be backing any future inxile projects, right? Since I could just simply wait for the early access and get it for the same price as a day-one backer... Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
The problem with your way of thinking, is, if people wouldn't have backed it on kickstarter we wouldn't have the game at all. People seem to forget, when you kickstart, you are paying because you believe in the product and want to see it made. Any extras you get are bonus.
That fabricated faith was just a worldly system for compensating those people with fragile souls. 'Question not thy god, for thy god doth not respond.' –Jessie in Xenogears

Centera
Initiate

Post by Centera » January 26th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Brother None wrote:

thanks for helping.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » January 26th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Lurchibald wrote:So essentially what you're saying is, I could have saved my money 3 years ago and still got the beta for the same price as if I had backed? You realise this means I'll not be backing any future inxile projects, right?
Why? You got some kind of hot investment plan that would have done something with that $45 over three years?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » January 26th, 2016, 6:37 pm

Drool wrote:
Lurchibald wrote:So essentially what you're saying is, I could have saved my money 3 years ago and still got the beta for the same price as if I had backed? You realise this means I'll not be backing any future inxile projects, right?
Why? You got some kind of hot investment plan that would have done something with that $45 over three years?
Its just the principle of it. It should mean something when you put your faith in someone otherwise people wouldn't back anything ever. By making backers feel like they should've just waited for the games release before buying it you create a condition that makes it impossible for games like Torment to exist. I mean they only had to superficially make the game seem to more expensive for a short period of time before lowering it at the first opportunity. Why not make the game cost $5 more then what the backers paid for 2 whole months?

Not to mention the fact that people can buy the game on steam for $45, play it for 4 hours, then ask for a refund. Where backers cannot ask for a refund even though they haven't even played it. I'm not saying I want a refund. I don't even want to play the beta either to be honest. I'm just saying that they ask for a lot of trust and I see how it can make people bitter.

Anyway, you could say that the *hot investment plan* was inxile and it didn't pay off. (again, not that I feel that way myself. Just playing devil's advocate I guess. Though I am now a bit worried this game is going to flop. I mean seriously $45 for early access and the finished game? Is that the going price for a game like this one? I expected they'd of priced it at $60, $70 in the beginning at least.)

Lurchibald
Initiate

Post by Lurchibald » January 26th, 2016, 7:34 pm

Drool wrote:
Super snark powers, activate, eh?

No, I just had other things I could have spent my money on at the time... What about that is so hard to understand?

Lurchibald
Initiate

Post by Lurchibald » January 26th, 2016, 7:50 pm

demonofelru wrote:
Lurchibald wrote: So essentially what you're saying is, I could have saved my money 3 years ago and still got the beta for the same price as if I had backed? You realise this means I'll not be backing any future inxile projects, right? Since I could just simply wait for the early access and get it for the same price as a day-one backer... Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
The problem with your way of thinking, is, if people wouldn't have backed it on kickstarter we wouldn't have the game at all.
True, but they've essentially devalued our contribution by saying "You backed us from the beginning, waited through a year-long delay and helped us make this game, but now we're just going to sell the game to the general public that hasn't been there since the beginning for exactly the same amount of money... I wouldn't be so against this if they had priced the game on early access higher than what original backers had to pay.
People seem to forget, when you kickstart, you are paying because you believe in the product and want to see it made. Any extras you get are bonus.
Nonsense, I pledged so this game could be made AND for the 'extras' that come with said pledge, those 'extras' aren't a 'bonus' they are a promised reward for my money... People seem to forget, kickstarter is not a charity.