Updated Our Journal (53): Beta Test is Live!

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Firesnakearies
Scholar

Re: Updated Our Journal (53): Beta Test is Live!

Post by Firesnakearies » January 26th, 2016, 8:21 pm

People sure work hard to find things to be unhappy and complain about.

How is this any different from the constant occurrence of sales happening in every category of things you can spend money on? Do you get mad and write an angry letter when Steam sells a game for 80% off and DAMN IT YOU PAID FULL PRICE FOR THAT GAME.

Do you storm into the grocery store with a page of coupons waving in your white-knuckled fist and cry, "Fifty cents off a can of refried beans???? What the fuck is this? I bought some of these YESTERDAY and I didn't get no damn discount! This injustice shall not stand!"

The money you paid at the time, and what you got for it, was fair at the time. You obviously thought so, because you paid it. Whatever happens YEARS LATER, whatever deal other people might get at SOME OTHER TIME, has nothing to do with you. If you REALLY wanted to save money, you could have waited until some day in the future when Steam will be selling this game during a Summer sale for $4.99.

Of course, if many people chose that route . . . the game would never have been made.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » January 27th, 2016, 3:29 am

so you actually refute your own argument? nice.

im not really trying to defend either way but even i realise that this is not the same as steamsale.

_NamelessOne_
Initiate

Post by _NamelessOne_ » January 27th, 2016, 8:56 am

People are not complaining about a closed alpha or beta test they don't have access to. If they did not pay for it they of course should not get access.
But this is NOT the situation right now: The game got a public release through Steam EA and backers who supported the game from the very beginning are left out. This is disappointing.

Tuth
Novice

Post by Tuth » January 28th, 2016, 2:46 am

Steam EA is basically an open beta. No one is left out, you can simply wait for the complete game and final release; or you can help InXile both by giving them extra money and playtest the game.

Mongol Zak
Initiate

Post by Mongol Zak » February 3rd, 2016, 4:20 am

Sorry a bit of a steam noob here. I claimed my reward, but how do I use the key in dteam?

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » February 3rd, 2016, 4:27 am

Mongol Zak wrote:Sorry a bit of a steam noob here. I claimed my reward, but how do I use the key in dteam?
open your steam go to "games" in the top left corner -> activate a product on steam -> insert key, done :)

Mongol Zak
Initiate

Post by Mongol Zak » February 3rd, 2016, 4:39 am

Lord of Riva wrote:
Mongol Zak wrote:Sorry a bit of a steam noob here. I claimed my reward, but how do I use the key in dteam?
open your steam go to "games" in the top left corner -> activate a product on steam -> insert key, done :)
Got it thanks! 4 hour download time. Internet isn't always so fast here in Mongolia haha.

demonofelru
Initiate

Post by demonofelru » February 3rd, 2016, 5:57 pm

Lurchibald wrote: True, but they've essentially devalued our contribution by saying "You backed us from the beginning, waited through a year-long delay and helped us make this game, but now we're just going to sell the game to the general public that hasn't been there since the beginning for exactly the same amount of money... I wouldn't be so against this if they had priced the game on early access higher than what original backers had to pay.
But they haven't. You're still getting exactly what you paid for. Nothing has changed on that end. You want more, because someone else is getting something as well. That's just childish.
Lurchibald wrote:Nonsense, I pledged so this game could be made AND for the 'extras' that come with said pledge, those 'extras' aren't a 'bonus' they are a promised reward for my money... People seem to forget, kickstarter is not a charity.
And you are still getting those extras. No one is taking them away. Being upset that someone else is getting the same thing you are is sad and, as mentioned above, childish. It's not the devs fault you never learned to share. Be glad they are getting extra bug testers. The more people test, the better the final game is.
That fabricated faith was just a worldly system for compensating those people with fragile souls. 'Question not thy god, for thy god doth not respond.' –Jessie in Xenogears

ejachok
Initiate

Post by ejachok » February 8th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Can't find a key anywhere =/
Please help.

culfinglin
Initiate

Post by culfinglin » March 9th, 2016, 9:28 am

Is there any word on when or if the beta will be available on OS X? While I'm happy to have kicked in an extra $20 to help support the game, I'm bummed that I'm not able to play the beta on my platform.

Bluewave256
Initiate

Post by Bluewave256 » April 19th, 2016, 5:11 pm

_NamelessOne_ wrote:People are not complaining about a closed alpha or beta test they don't have access to. If they did not pay for it they of course should not get access.
But this is NOT the situation right now: The game got a public release through Steam EA and backers who supported the game from the very beginning are left out. This is disappointing.
Exactly this!

Matthieu
Initiate

Post by Matthieu » April 29th, 2016, 4:53 am

I am ambivalent about the beta, while as an early supporter I feel let out... I also think betas are not enjoyable but just a huge mess. Somehow, I'd rather wait and work on my tabletop Numenera campaign (among other shits) and enjoy the game when it's done and stable.

neophyt1983
Initiate

Post by neophyt1983 » July 30th, 2016, 10:47 pm

!!! :shock: Horray!!!