Updated Our Journal (53): Beta Test is Live!

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Brother None
Developer

Updated Our Journal (53): Beta Test is Live!

Post by Brother None » January 21st, 2016, 8:06 am

The beta is now live to eligible backers! Read more in this Kickstarter update, as well as details on some of the companions you can find in the beta.
If you pledged at a level which comes with beta test access, you can get your Steam key by logging in with your Torment account, visiting the Rewards page, and clicking the "Manage Keys" button you see there.

While your beta test downloads, please be sure to check out our Beta Release Notes, which covers some known issues and contains notes on a few game features. And remember, the Beta Test Access add-on is still available to all backers who want to join in and experience the game first-hand before final release.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Coros
Initiate

Re: Updated Our Journal (53): Beta Test is Live!

Post by Coros » January 21st, 2016, 8:16 am

It's aliiivvve, allliiivvvee !

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » January 21st, 2016, 8:17 am

nice :)

the comic was pretty entertaining as well :)

EDIT: where may i find the beta forum PW?

im pretty sure i asked for the alpha but i cant find it again

EDIT²: 4.3 GB ? not bad at all :P
Last edited by Lord of Riva on January 21st, 2016, 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Avestus
Novice

Post by Avestus » January 21st, 2016, 8:19 am

Does the password for Beta forum work for anyone? I input the one from backer notes but it doesn't work for me.

Omeganian
Initiate

Post by Omeganian » January 21st, 2016, 8:20 am

Downloading. How do I get the forum key?

Orphansmith
Initiate

Post by Orphansmith » January 21st, 2016, 8:29 am

Iadace Numenera hunters, see you in the sixth world!

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » January 21st, 2016, 8:32 am

Firstly, congratulations on reaching the beta release milestone! Exciting times! :)

Secondly, will beta participation lock me into a Steam copy of the full game? If so, will the beta and/or the full game require the Steam client to be running for the game to be launched, or will we be able to run the executable locally without the Steam client?
Or will we be able to revoke used Steam beta keys in favour of GOG keys for the full game like we were able to do with Wasteland 2?
I've tried finding definite answers to this, but it's all a bit ambiguous:
Beta release notes wrote:Platforms
The Torment Beta Test is only available on Windows 64-bit. Mac OS X and Linux may follow. The Beta Test is only available on Steam. GOG.com will become available upon the game's final release for those who prefer a DRM-free option.
Last edited by dorkboy on January 21st, 2016, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
marmelade & jam

Djoan
Acolyte

Post by Djoan » January 21st, 2016, 8:34 am

Yep, the Beta Forum password in not working at this time.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » January 21st, 2016, 8:35 am

Djoan wrote:Yep, the Beta Forum password in not working at this time.
Sorry, our bad, forgot to edit out that incorrect listing. You can find the up-to-date beta forum password on your account at https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... te/rewards
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Djoan
Acolyte

Post by Djoan » January 21st, 2016, 8:38 am

Brother None wrote:
Djoan wrote:Yep, the Beta Forum password in not working at this time.
Sorry, our bad, forgot to edit out that incorrect listing. You can find the up-to-date beta forum password on your account at https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... te/rewards
Thanks, i am in.

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » January 21st, 2016, 8:55 am

dorkboy wrote:will beta participation lock me into a Steam copy of the full game? If so, will the beta and/or the full game require the Steam client to be running for the game to be launched, or will we be able to run the executable locally without the Steam client?
Or will we be able to revoke used Steam beta keys in favour of GOG keys for the full game like we were able to do with Wasteland 2?
I’ll advise you to send a mail to inXile support about this, like I’ve been advised myself:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15201&p=167347#p167315

Gamgee
Acolyte

Post by Gamgee » January 21st, 2016, 9:01 am

Half way done downloading. Soo close. Thanks a lot guys it's been a long road to beta and hopefully a short one to full release.
They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

tdunaj
Initiate

Post by tdunaj » January 21st, 2016, 9:36 am

Guys,

I don't have the manage key button on my rewards page, am one of the original kickstarter backers. Please help.

Thanks Tomas

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » January 21st, 2016, 9:42 am

tdunaj wrote:Guys,

I don't have the manage key button on my rewards page, am one of the original kickstarter backers. Please help.

Thanks Tomas
Most likely that means your pledge does not include beta access. Beta access was in digital tiers $75 and up and physical tiers $250 and up. If you log into your account you should see a widget at the top of your account page informing you if you have beta access or not.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

tdunaj
Initiate

Post by tdunaj » January 21st, 2016, 9:52 am

Brother None wrote:

Thanks Tomas
Most likely that means your pledge does not include beta access. Beta access was in digital tiers $75 and up and physical tiers $250 and up. If you log into your account you should see a widget at the top of your account page informing you if you have beta access or not.
My bad i read somewhere that every kickstarter backer was eligible for beta. Have fun playing :)

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » January 21st, 2016, 9:59 am

Brother None wrote:

Thanks Tomas
additionally you can purchase the Beta addon on the shop page under "rewards" on your torment portal account.

PandaXpresso
Initiate

Post by PandaXpresso » January 21st, 2016, 10:32 am

So I don't see the comic in the downloads page, but I pledged at a tier that included Beta access... any idea why that would be?

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » January 21st, 2016, 10:39 am

PandaXpresso wrote:So I don't see the comic in the downloads page, but I pledged at a tier that included Beta access... any idea why that would be?
I checked your account and do see it. Because of the way the backer site auto-generates these pages, it'll be listed under "Beta Test Access" (near the bottom, right above the free anthology) with a "PDFL Comic - Pat Rothfuss" button.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

PandaXpresso
Initiate

Post by PandaXpresso » January 21st, 2016, 10:59 am

Brother None wrote:
PandaXpresso wrote:So I don't see the comic in the downloads page, but I pledged at a tier that included Beta access... any idea why that would be?
I checked your account and do see it. Because of the way the backer site auto-generates these pages, it'll be listed under "Beta Test Access" (near the bottom, right above the free anthology) with a "PDFL Comic - Pat Rothfuss" button.
Ohhh that's tricky. Thanks for the help!

Quietus
Initiate

Post by Quietus » January 21st, 2016, 11:54 am

Beta release notes: "The Torment Beta Test is only available on Windows 64-bit."
A 32-bit is out of the question?
The final game will run on 32-bit systems?
I have downloaded the beta, but it does not work for me (32-bit system).
Will I be able to play the final game when it is released, or it will only support 64-bit systems?
Alpha was supporting 32-bit systems, I was able to play it even with problems.