Torment Beta coming tomorrow

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Brother None
Developer

Torment Beta coming tomorrow

Post by Brother None » January 20th, 2016, 4:09 pm

Tomorrow is the day, friends! We'll be distributing keys to our backers tomorrow (21st of January). We'll have more details for you tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled!
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Hakmon
Novice

Re: Torment Beta coming tomorrow

Post by Hakmon » January 20th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Oh wow, can't wait!

Coros
Initiate

Post by Coros » January 20th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Yeeeaaah !

Darkohaku
Initiate

Post by Darkohaku » January 20th, 2016, 4:55 pm

Welp, can't wait to play it. I suppose there will some type of feedback in the beta? or in the forum?
“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

sear
Developer

Post by sear » January 20th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Darkohaku wrote:Welp, can't wait to play it. I suppose there will some type of feedback in the beta? or in the forum?
We'll have a Feedback button you can use in the beta build (similar to the Alpha Systems Test) to send us bug reports and suggestions directly, which we can then review and import into our bug tracker. We will also have a private beta backer forum (though we might make it public later on).

When Early Access goes live on Steam next week, the game will also have its own forums over on Steam as well.

TheTrumpetMan
Initiate

Post by TheTrumpetMan » January 20th, 2016, 6:17 pm

And to think tomorrow is already going to be a longer-than-normal day at work... But I'm still incredibly excited! My schedule has regrettably made me unable to actually play the alpha/beta releases that occurred after the very first one, so I am beyond hyped to dive into the beta.

Aginoth
Initiate

Post by Aginoth » January 21st, 2016, 12:53 am

As in 21st Jan....What time can we expect it? it's nearly 9am here in the UK, and no sign yet. I assume it's going to be released during the US working day?

Smuggo
Initiate

Post by Smuggo » January 21st, 2016, 4:19 am

Aginoth wrote:As in 21st Jan....What time can we expect it? it's nearly 9am here in the UK, and no sign yet. I assume it's going to be released during the US working day?
Steam usually updates around 11am Pacific if I remember correctly (I assume this will be distributed as a Steam code) which is 7pm GMT.

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » January 21st, 2016, 4:21 am

Brother None wrote:(…)
sear wrote:(…)
Well, now that the beta is officially coming really soon, I guess it’s time to voice my only concern again ;)

As I don’t use Steam and am willing to go with GOG as my platform of choice for the final game, I was planning to give my beta key to a friend, like I actually did for the alpha key. But before doing that I’d like a confirmation that in doing so I won’t get stuck with a final game on Steam, neither will my friend get the full game instead of me.

Aginoth
Initiate

Post by Aginoth » January 21st, 2016, 5:12 am

Smuggo wrote:
Aginoth wrote:As in 21st Jan....What time can we expect it? it's nearly 9am here in the UK, and no sign yet. I assume it's going to be released during the US working day?
Steam usually updates around 11am Pacific if I remember correctly (I assume this will be distributed as a Steam code) which is 7pm GMT.
Thank you Smuggo :)

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Post by Azmodiuz » January 21st, 2016, 6:55 am

Brother None wrote:Tomorrow is the day, friends! We'll be distributing keys to our backers tomorrow (21st of January). We'll have more details for you tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled!

Thank you for the clear information.

blackwlf
Initiate

Post by blackwlf » January 21st, 2016, 7:21 am

I was really excited when I checked my rewards and there was a new button on the beta reward. But it's for a comic. So now I'm confused.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » January 21st, 2016, 7:24 am

blackwlf wrote:I was really excited when I checked my rewards and there was a new button on the beta reward. But it's for a comic. So now I'm confused.
Sorry for the confusion on the layout there, the comic is an extra for our beta backers (more on that in a bit), the beta is coming soon, it's very early morning CA time now so waiting for people to trickle into the office.
vv221 wrote:As I don’t use Steam and am willing to go with GOG as my platform of choice for the final game, I was planning to give my beta key to a friend, like I actually did for the alpha key. But before doing that I’d like a confirmation that in doing so I won’t get stuck with a final game on Steam, neither will my friend get the full game instead of me.
Individual use-cases like this one I'd contact support and make sure to discuss it with them.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Tygernoot
Initiate

Post by Tygernoot » January 21st, 2016, 7:47 am

As insanely tempting as it is to try the beta, after waiting 16 (?) years for a sequel I'll do my utmost best to wait another year for the full game :)

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Post by Azmodiuz » January 21st, 2016, 7:53 am

Beta backers get their own forum too. Nice, a new homepage for chrome to sign me into when I open it.

Meahwhile, the Comic will keep me busy for abit. Thanks for the Comic, awesome idea !

PhilTsen
Initiate

Post by PhilTsen » January 21st, 2016, 8:05 am

Gentelmen, it's out.

Avestus
Novice

Post by Avestus » January 21st, 2016, 8:08 am

Yup. Just started donwloading ^_^ Btw, where do we find password for beta-test forums?

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » January 21st, 2016, 8:41 am

Brother None wrote:
vv221 wrote:As I don’t use Steam and am willing to go with GOG as my platform of choice for the final game, I was planning to give my beta key to a friend, like I actually did for the alpha key. But before doing that I’d like a confirmation that in doing so I won’t get stuck with a final game on Steam, neither will my friend get the full game instead of me.
Individual use-cases like this one I'd contact support and make sure to discuss it with them.
Thanks, I’m going to do it right now ;)

Quietus
Initiate

Post by Quietus » January 21st, 2016, 8:55 am

Avestus wrote:Yup. Just started donwloading ^_^ Btw, where do we find password for beta-test forums?
I wanted to ask exactly the same. Beta-test forums password does not seem to work.
And I have started downloading finve minutes ago :lol:

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » January 21st, 2016, 9:00 am

Quietus wrote:
Avestus wrote:Yup. Just started donwloading ^_^ Btw, where do we find password for beta-test forums?
I wanted to ask exactly the same. Beta-test forums password does not seem to work.
And I have started downloading finve minutes ago :lol:
you can find the the PW now under your beta reward

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... te/rewards

in the description of the beta Addon