Torment Beta coming tomorrow

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

tonurics
Explorer

Re: Torment Beta coming tomorrow

Post by tonurics » January 21st, 2016, 9:01 am

Quietus wrote:
Avestus wrote:Yup. Just started donwloading ^_^ Btw, where do we find password for beta-test forums?
I wanted to ask exactly the same. Beta-test forums password does not seem to work.
And I have started downloading finve minutes ago :lol:
An old password was given out on the Beta FAQ initially. The correct one can be found on your rewards page just find the reward that grants you Beta access; the password will be in the description. ;)
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Chrome
Initiate

Post by Chrome » January 21st, 2016, 9:04 am

finally ;)

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Post by Azmodiuz » January 21st, 2016, 9:35 am

I know the feedback forums for the beta are working. INGAME mind you.

Quietus
Initiate

Post by Quietus » January 21st, 2016, 12:09 pm

Lord of Riva wrote:
Quietus wrote:
Avestus wrote:Yup. Just started donwloading ^_^ Btw, where do we find password for beta-test forums?
I wanted to ask exactly the same. Beta-test forums password does not seem to work.
you can find the the PW now under your beta reward

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... te/rewards

in the description of the beta Addon
Thank you!

Quietus
Initiate

Post by Quietus » January 21st, 2016, 12:10 pm

tonurics wrote:
Quietus wrote:
An old password was given out on the Beta FAQ initially. The correct one can be found on your rewards page just find the reward that grants you Beta access; the password will be in the description. ;)
Thank you very much!

speedstr
Initiate

Post by speedstr » January 27th, 2016, 1:19 pm

I'm kind of bummed. I paid $35.00 in August of 2015 and now I find out I have to pay more to be in the beta program....Developers are getting greddier every day.
There used to be a time when people got to play the beta for free.....

talonius
Initiate

Post by talonius » January 27th, 2016, 5:51 pm

I don't want to be the +1 here, but I registered a forum account; activated the forum account, and activated the badges for all of my previous games to make this point.

It is really discouraging to see the beta access being offered on Steam Early Access for a total of $45.00 USD (at least, in the United States) when that same access would cost me another $20.00 USD (total of $55.00). I understand there were compromises to be made - offering the game on Steam for $55.00 USD or $60.00 USD would've met with stiff resistance from Steam users, while reducing the price of beta access would've also offended any existing backer who purchased it. However, as an early backer I would have expected the decision to weigh in our favor. Refund the points in the backer system to those who purchased beta access, or something.

I am not a cheapskate; in all likelihood I will purchase the beta access. I backed BT IV and Wasteland 2 at well above minimum levels. I own over over 1,100 games between Steam and GOG. I am happy to spend money on my gaming habit.

This just seems very unfair.

Thank you.

Greykor
Initiate

Post by Greykor » January 27th, 2016, 7:49 pm

I purchased the add-on rewards through Bard's Tale 4 for Torment. I know it does not come with beta test, but is there a way to purchase that add-on through rewards?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » January 29th, 2016, 1:24 pm

Greykor wrote:I purchased the add-on rewards through Bard's Tale 4 for Torment. I know it does not come with beta test, but is there a way to purchase that add-on through rewards?
I do not believe so, since you're a Bard's Tale backer and not a Torment one.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

LuckyAceXIII
Initiate

Post by LuckyAceXIII » January 29th, 2016, 4:41 pm

There doesn't seem to be a provision for Steam users to get access to the Beta password. This seems counter-productive. I paid for the Beta through Steam. Should I simply post my feedback here?

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » January 31st, 2016, 3:42 am

LuckyAceXIII wrote:There doesn't seem to be a provision for Steam users to get access to the Beta password. This seems counter-productive. I paid for the Beta through Steam. Should I simply post my feedback here?
I'm currently under the impression that the steam version isn't a beta, but instead early access... Not sure if that's right but if it is then you wouldn't need a beta key. Your game will eventually become the final version after several updates, but that might change or I might just be wrong. So hopefully someone will clear that up for you. Do note though that many people are still flaming about the whole steam early access thing. So if your trolling bravo.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » January 31st, 2016, 4:04 am

LuckyAceXIII wrote:There doesn't seem to be a provision for Steam users to get access to the Beta password. This seems counter-productive. I paid for the Beta through Steam. Should I simply post my feedback here?
inded strange, not sure what they are thinking there :P

they probably want you to send it via the feedback tool.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » February 1st, 2016, 12:14 pm

It looks like the password-locked forum is indeed a Kickstarter exclusive.

You are more than welcome to post your feedback in the TToN: Story Discussion or TToN: General Discussion forums.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

ejachok
Initiate

Post by ejachok » February 8th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Can't find my beta key anywhere =/

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » February 8th, 2016, 2:46 pm

ejachok wrote:Can't find my beta key anywhere =/
The Rewards Page shows you all the rewards you have, a button labeled "Manage Keys" will appear on any rewards with keys. Simply click on that button.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.