Updated Our Journal (48): Third Alpha Systems Test Released, Crisis Gameplay Demoed

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

dorkboy
Master

Re: Updated Our Journal (48): Third Alpha Systems Test Released, Crisis Gameplay Demoed

Post by dorkboy » December 7th, 2015, 12:56 am

@Azmodiuz
I'm not sure I see the logic in thinking that unless a beta is released within the first week of a month it cannot be released that month.
You asked for 'just an estimate', which they've already provided.

Not gonna bother with untangling all the rest of your catch 22 bs.
marmelade & jam

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Updated Our Journal (48): Third Alpha Systems Test Released, Crisis Gameplay Demoed

Post by Drool » December 7th, 2015, 1:12 pm

More to the point, it's a beta. I'm not sure how you can have a poorly released beta. You don't want to rush your final release, but if the Beta is a buggy mess, well... that's part of the point.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » December 8th, 2015, 3:04 am

Drool wrote:More to the point, it's a beta. I'm not sure how you can have a poorly released beta. You don't want to rush your final release, but if the Beta is a buggy mess, well... that's part of the point.
well you shouldnt release it to your beta testers if you know that there are a miriad of missing things and obvious gamebreakers, that would defeat its purpose as well.

i do think that Azmodius makes a valid point, we have christmas coming up a release in january would be completely understandable from my point of view. im guessing the silence points to them working pretty hard to get it done before christmas.
Personally i think they should relax as said january is completely fine, no need to work overtime for this (presuming the budget is still in the greens :D )

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » December 8th, 2015, 5:35 am

@Lord of Riva
Well, according to update 49 (30th Oct) they're aiming for a 2015 beta release.
Chris Keenan wrote:[...] We'll keep you posted on the progress of the beta release in the upcoming updates, as we have full intentions on releasing the beta this year. [...]
marmelade & jam

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » December 8th, 2015, 6:57 am

dorkboy wrote:@Lord of Riva
Well, according to update 49 (30th Oct) they're aiming for a 2015 beta release.
Chris Keenan wrote:[...] We'll keep you posted on the progress of the beta release in the upcoming updates, as we have full intentions on releasing the beta this year. [...]
haha intentions intentions.

i wouldnt mind a 2015 release who would?
lets just hope for it. I just wanted to say that they shouldnt do too many work hours its christmas time soon.

what interests me more is how the beta is structured. I hope its not done like the WL2 Beta with only half the content planned. L.A. was a mess upon full release. its fine if not everything is outright ready though.
so anyone wants to speculate on this?

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » December 9th, 2015, 4:49 am

@Lord of Riva
I guess I'd be a bit more cynical about the 'intentions' if the statement was older and hadn't recently been reaffirmed. Idk.
Betas have been released in December before. WL2, for instance. Impossible to say.
I'd be very surprised if the beta was more than a limited "beta area" like WL2 and PoE, though. Especially with such a story-oriented game.
marmelade & jam

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » December 9th, 2015, 5:01 am

I guess I'd be a bit more cynical about the 'intentions' if the statement was older and hadn't recently been reaffirmed.
haha i wasnt trying to be cynical, deadlines are always hard to keep in the fluid development of games. We will see.

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » December 9th, 2015, 8:20 am

Lord of Riva wrote:
I guess I'd be a bit more cynical about the 'intentions' if the statement was older and hadn't recently been reaffirmed.
haha i wasnt trying to be cynical, deadlines are always hard to keep in the fluid development of games. We will see.
Ok, let's call it 'sceptical' instead then, to avoid some of the connotations. ;)
marmelade & jam

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » December 9th, 2015, 1:23 pm

It's very nice to know, that every time, that when regulars here start feeling anticipation, they come and politely tell others how not anticipated they are.

Joke.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None