Torment External News Thread

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

phimseto
Developer

Re: Torment External News Thread

Post by phimseto » April 20th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Courtesy of inXile, Techland, and Microsoft, Torment: Tides of Numenera is now 20% OFF on Xbox One for those who have Xbox Live Gold subscription.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p ... ND4NQXFFV2

The discount is worldwide but it's limited time only - don't miss it!

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 10th, 2017, 8:39 am

Torment: Tides of Numenera is now 30% off on PlayStation Store in Europe, Middle East & Asia.

http://bit.ly/Torment_PS_StoreEU

Serjo
Scholar

Post by Serjo » May 10th, 2017, 3:36 pm

At this rate it'll be 100% off by October.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 16th, 2017, 9:55 am

As part of the Content Update release, Torment: Tides of Numenera is on sale in the Steam Store!

The discount is for a limited time, so if you have been thinking about picking up the game for yourself or a friend, now is the time!

sear
Developer

Post by sear » May 16th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Some more store-related news - Torment is also now available on Origin! Those of you who want to pick the game up on EA's platform can now do so:

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » May 16th, 2017, 5:22 pm

phimseto wrote:
May 16th, 2017, 9:55 am
As part of the Content Update release, Torment: Tides of Numenera is on sale in the Steam Store!

The discount is for a limited time, so if you have been thinking about picking up the game for yourself or a friend, now is the time!
Is there are read.me file for the update with a Changelog?

My problem is that under Win10x64 build version 16193, Steam is suddenly telling me, after applying the new patch, that Tides is *not supported* on "my platform," never mind that I have been playing Tides since the day its shipped on Steam on one Win10x64 Insider's Preview build or another--both versions 1.01 and 1.02 worked without a problem?

Has Steam bungled the release and thrown me the console version of the game instead of the Windows version? Doesn't appear that way. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could check on this! Thanks! (In 30+ years of gaming I've never seen this before--and not once from Steam or from anywhere else. It's bizarre. My other games run fine!)

Wanted to add that Win10x64 itself also tells me that it's not a Windows 10 app with this warning: "This app cannot run on your PC". No override is supplied.
Last edited by waltc on May 16th, 2017, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 16th, 2017, 5:58 pm

Hi Walt, (also hello from my intro thread, too...saw your note, haven't had a chance to reply)...that error looks and sounds like a Steam platform error, which means that I need to direct you to their attention. Sorry we cannot help you, but hope you get it squared away soon!

Before I did that, though, were I in your shoes, I would also first try I would also verifying the files and rebooting Steam and/or my PC.

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » May 18th, 2017, 12:42 pm

phimseto wrote:
May 16th, 2017, 5:58 pm
Hi Walt, (also hello from my intro thread, too...saw your note, haven't had a chance to reply)...that error looks and sounds like a Steam platform error, which means that I need to direct you to their attention. Sorry we cannot help you, but hope you get it squared away soon!

Before I did that, though, were I in your shoes, I would also first try I would also verifying the files and rebooting Steam and/or my PC.

Update: After an entire afternoon spent troubleshooting yesterday, I tried something I wish I had done first--I downloaded the game to my wife's 15063.296 build of Windows10x64 (the commercially released "Creator's Update")--and what do you know--it fired up perfectly!

I'm 99% sure at this point that the problem lies within the Insider's builds Microsoft has published since then--I am now on build 16199 (installed yesterday) Insider's of Win10x64--and I cannot run the file. I even copied the game executable from the wife's machine and brought it over to my machine and replaced the original game executable--and no go! So the cause is not file corruption.

So....although the problem is one I have never seen before nor had happen before, I'm sure it is on *my end* and that the current Windows Insider builds are to blame for the faux incompatibility...I have reported this to Steam and also to Microsoft in the Insider's Feedback application! This one has been a doozy. Having said all of this, if anyone who reads this is running 16199 and Tides 1.1.0--please let me know...so I can move back to square one...!

Also wanted to add that in the "known issues" section for build 16199, I read the following:

Games such as Civilization VI may fail to launch on this build.

Of course, as luck would have it I don't have Civ VI, but I'll make the wild leap that Tides is "a game such as Civ VI" in some respect, somehow...;) I have no clue as to what Microsoft means by that phrase...! (I must love beta-testing...! Hopefully, that doesn't mean I'm a sadomasochist...!)

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 18th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Thank you for sharing this! We've been futzing around trying to figure out what the heck it could be, and am glad to know that a solution has been discovered.

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » June 9th, 2017, 6:45 am

phimseto wrote:
May 18th, 2017, 1:56 pm
Thank you for sharing this! We've been futzing around trying to figure out what the heck it could be, and am glad to know that a solution has been discovered.
Update The latest insider build 16215 fixed the problem! All is well...;)

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 9th, 2017, 7:31 am

waltc wrote:
June 9th, 2017, 6:45 am

Update The latest insider build 16215 fixed the problem! All is well...;)
Glad to hear it!

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 22nd, 2017, 10:51 am

The Steam Summer Sale has begun and with it the ridiculous discounts that we all know and love. That includes, Torment: Tides of Numenera coming in at 50% off! if you've been thinking about picking up the game, now is your opportunity!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/27227 ... _Numenera/

Serjo
Scholar

Post by Serjo » June 23rd, 2017, 1:33 am

The PS4 version is 65% off at Amazon.com, which makes it cheaper than the PC version:

https://www.amazon.com/Torment-Tides-Nu ... 01N2VISUC/