Updated Our Journal #64: Console Copies for Backers – We Need Your Input!

Announcements & media coverage for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

sear
Developer

Updated Our Journal #64: Console Copies for Backers – We Need Your Input!

Postby sear » February 13th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Hi all,

Today's update is short but sweet. Many of our backers have been asking to get the game on a console and now we are polling you to see if that's something we can make happen!

As you may recall, Techland also funded work on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game. Since that announcement, one of the top questions we’ve received is "can backers get console copies as well?” We’ve been exploring the possibilities of making this a reality for you, and would like to offer them... but we’ll need your help.

The console manufacturers charge us for generating console game codes – a cost per code, but also with a minimum order size. While we’re not looking to make a profit, the expense is not trivial for us. Therefore, if the demand is there, we'd need to ask any backers who want a digital console copy to make an additional 1,800 point ($18) pledge on our backer site. You would get both the original PC copy, plus a digital console copy of your choice. This is not unlike how we did things for Wasteland 3.

However, because there’s a minimum order size, we also need to make sure there’s enough interest from our backers before can confirm it. If there is, we’ll be happy to offer copies, but if the demand is not there, we won’t be able to do a small order. As well, there is a time limit – we can only provide console copies to you up to the release date of February 28th, so if you want one as an add-on, please be sure to let us know as soon as possible.

So, how do you let us know you want a console copy? We’ve added a page to the Torment backer web site specifically for console code requests. Log in, and tell us on that page if you want a PS4 or Xbox One copy. If we get enough interest, we'll email everyone who signed up and let you all pledge for the $18 console add-on prior to the 28th!

For the full update text see here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ts/1804709

RadonGOG
Scholar

Re: Updated Our Journal #64: Console Copies for Backers – We Need Your Input!

Postby RadonGOG » February 13th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Very nice to see another shoutout for BeautifulDesolation from you. They really need more attention. And it´s good to see that you try to help fixing some backers problems. But anyways, you should probably still hire a PR-Manager.

Heindall_BR
Initiate

Postby Heindall_BR » February 14th, 2017, 6:26 am

I would like to know if its possible to change my digital PC copy for a console copy of the game ?
If I remember correctly when I backed the game in 2015 there was no console versions announced yet.

sear
Developer

Postby sear » February 14th, 2017, 10:06 am

Heindall_BR wrote:I would like to know if its possible to change my digital PC copy for a console copy of the game ?
If I remember correctly when I backed the game in 2015 there was no console versions announced yet.

As the update mentions, we cannot offer exchanges, but we can offer console add-ons for an $18 USD (1,800 fee) provided that we hit our minimum order requirements. We're polling backers on the page linked to in the update in order to see if we can hit the minimum order numbers needed to offer the console codes.

If we do hit those requirements, then that would give a digital console code to anyone who pledges for a console add-on, in addition to their existing PC copy.

(Yes, we know that is a bit complicated ;))

nitch
Initiate

Postby nitch » February 14th, 2017, 2:08 pm

The only options for PS4 are Europe and America, does that mean Australians are ineligible for console copies?

sear
Developer

Postby sear » February 14th, 2017, 9:03 pm

nitch wrote:The only options for PS4 are Europe and America, does that mean Australians are ineligible for console copies?

I believe Australia is managed by Sony Europe (SCEE): http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles ... Station-4-

That said, I don't think Sony has an official list available, so you might want to contact Sony directly to see which region applies in your case.

Dongato
Initiate

Postby Dongato » February 15th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Any word on when we will know if there was enough interest for the console versions? I know that I would love to have a PS4 and a PC version, don't mind supporting you guys! :)

Rezindez
Initiate

Postby Rezindez » February 16th, 2017, 2:25 pm

How many IS the minimum before the purchase is made? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000? I would definitely like to know how nervous I should be about this. Because I really want a console copy.

Jozape
Scholar

Postby Jozape » February 17th, 2017, 2:55 am

Rezindez wrote:How many IS the minimum before the purchase is made? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000? I would definitely like to know how nervous I should be about this. Because I really want a console copy.

I don't think there were a hundred thousand backers. ;)

Pheregas
Initiate

Postby Pheregas » February 17th, 2017, 7:09 am

Hello, I was an original Kickstarter backer.

It has been some time since then and I am excited to see the wonderful game experience you all have worked so hard on!

That being said, I've combed over the website several places and have yet to see minimum/optimal system specs posted. I'm considering switching over to the X-box One version if my relatively new (back in 2015) computer will no longer be up to the challenge. Would you kindly post a link or reply with those stats please?

Thanks!

Jozape
Scholar

Postby Jozape » February 17th, 2017, 11:11 am

Pheregas wrote:Hello, I was an original Kickstarter backer.

It has been some time since then and I am excited to see the wonderful game experience you all have worked so hard on!

That being said, I've combed over the website several places and have yet to see minimum/optimal system specs posted. I'm considering switching over to the X-box One version if my relatively new (back in 2015) computer will no longer be up to the challenge. Would you kindly post a link or reply with those stats please?

Thanks!

See this page at GOG.

Pheregas
Initiate

Postby Pheregas » February 17th, 2017, 11:55 am

Jozape wrote:
Pheregas wrote:Hello, I was an original Kickstarter backer.

Thanks!

See this page at GOG.

Thank you!

Polmon
Initiate

Postby Polmon » February 18th, 2017, 2:33 am

I'm definitely up for a digital console version of the game, I popped on here specifically to see if there was a way to upgrade my pledge and found this, which is great news :)

HEVampersand
Initiate

Postby HEVampersand » February 22nd, 2017, 5:23 pm

For some reason I am not able to request/add a PS4 digital copy to my pledge. Is anyone able to do this? Apparently we had until the 28th.

Serjo
Scholar

Postby Serjo » February 22nd, 2017, 5:31 pm

HEVampersand wrote:For some reason I am not able to request/add a PS4 digital copy to my pledge. Is anyone able to do this? Apparently we had until the 28th.

The page was taken down yesterday. No official word on the reasons.

sinnerbeta
Initiate

Postby sinnerbeta » February 22nd, 2017, 8:08 pm

Am I late ? I used to be a PC players all those years ago I pledged 30$ on kickstarter but I play mainly on PS4 these days so I would prefer a key for the console over a PC if I could pick once the game releases.

Serjo
Scholar

Postby Serjo » February 23rd, 2017, 8:38 am

sinnerbeta wrote:Am I late ? I used to be a PC players all those years ago I pledged 30$ on kickstarter but I play mainly on PS4 these days so I would prefer a key for the console over a PC if I could pick once the game releases.

The console key offer has been canceled due to lack of interest. inXile sent out the email a few hours ago:

Hello,

Thanks for expressing your interest in getting a digital add-on console copy of Torment: Tides of Numenera.

We previously stated that we needed to pay console platform holders for each individual console code we got, plus hit a minimum order count for each console. Despite getting responses from hundreds of our backers, we did not end up reaching the required minimum number we needed to. Unfortunately, that means we won't be able to offer the $18 console add-on to backers.

While the console version wasn't part of our initial Kickstarter pitch, we know some of you did want that as an option, so we're a bit bummed we didn't quite reach the goal too. That said, the PC version of Torment will run on Windows, Mac and Linux, and offers the choice of using both mouse & keyboard as well as controllers, so the couch experience is still within reach for PC players! If you are still interested in purchasing a console copy of the game, you may also do so at any local or online retailer, or digitally on Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.

Thank you for your support, and we hope you enjoy the game on PC once it launches this Feb. 28th!

Best regards,
inXile Entertainment

Return to “TTON: News & Announcements”