Game hangs after Cerritos combat. Also a LOS bug

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Lizking
Initiate

Game hangs after Cerritos combat. Also a LOS bug

Post by Lizking » October 4th, 2014, 5:43 pm

In Cerritos, when I engaged the cattle thieves, I noticed two bugs. The first is that the little outcropping on the building opposite Tom seems to be treated as a chest-high wall; it can be shot through, but not walked through.

The second bug I encountered causes the game to hang. Ounce combat ends, the game starts a cutscene, but nothing happens. The camera locks in position, and the only way out of it is to load a save or otherwise exit the game.

Here's a video showing both bugs:

http://youtu.be/h47bSjx7O-A

Here's a save file. All you need to do is talk to the thieves and finish the combat alive.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/403 ... %20Bug.zip

Vault_13
Scholar

Re: Game hangs after Cerritos combat. Also a LOS bug

Post by Vault_13 » October 7th, 2014, 11:57 am

Had the same bug with the cutscene. In my case it happened with me being far from the place of the supposed battle. When I killed all the cyborgs on the same field they were originally, the cutscene went just fine.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 7th, 2014, 12:45 pm

Thanks, reported!

Gillsing
Scholar

Post by Gillsing » December 11th, 2017, 3:56 am

Reported but not fixed? In the Director's Cut I just had that failed cutscene make all my carefully conducted combat a wasted effort. I am now incredibly displeased with inXile, because I hate cutscenes to begin with, and when they make the game unplayable they're even worse.

In this particular fight I also have to separate VAX and Jaime the Robot from my cows, because otherwise they use my cows for target practice. "Die, humans... that look like cows!" (VAX also did that in Canyon of Titan when my Rangers provoked Jill's cowboy friend Howdy into shooting, but that was easily solved by reloading and not doing that.) In another replay the CotC attacked my cows as well, so I don't get it: Why are my cows the enemies of both sides whenever I'm fighting enemies who own cows?

EDITS:
In my next attempt one of my Rangers decided to hang the game by running back and forth between two tiles.

And the Cerritos map seems to have been rotated 180 degrees since the dialogue was written, as the old farm woman says the cyborgs went south (but they're to the west and going north), and Brother Mark-12 says they got the livestock from a farm to the west when the farm is to the east of their position.

Judging by the dialogue with the farm woman I first assumed that I was going to have to leave Cerritos to go catch up with the cattle thieves down at Los Alamitos, since I had already seen that location pop up to the south on the map. But of course that wasn't the case, so the first time I tried this quest I was quite surprised to see the CotC still hiding out right behind the ruined house. Didn't the woman say they already left? How kind of them to wait. Not so kind of them to start moving without giving me time to prepare for combat, but this game is all about reloading, right? Well, it is for me now. I wish it wasn't.