Endless combat bug

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

massive11
Initiate

Endless combat bug

Post by massive11 » July 4th, 2014, 6:11 am

I encountered a combat bug in the Happy Valley area (outside the Prison) - it seems that no matter what encounter I start (and finish by killing enemies) I am unable to leave the combat mode. Tried reloading multiple times, different encounters, leaving the area then returning etc., all to the same result. Any thoughts? Somebody with similar experience?Thanks

luminusflx
Initiate

Re: Endless combat bug

Post by luminusflx » November 10th, 2014, 2:25 pm

I've got the same problem. I've got to the point where Danforth is pissed. The dogs have been poisoned. I enter Happy Valley, there are four Raiders waiting at the entrance. I kill them all, but combat never ends. Has anyone addressed this issue yet? I'm still looking for other threads that address this issue.

Zerthimon
Initiate

Post by Zerthimon » November 10th, 2014, 3:22 pm

There is a very equivalent bug on the Canyon of Titans, where entering combat may lead to an infinite combat mode.
I assume this is not a consolation, though...

luminusflx
Initiate

Post by luminusflx » November 10th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Not much of a consolation, no. Does anyone know if the latest patch (released 05-Nov-2014, I think) addresses this? I downloaded through GOG.com, so the patch isn't available to me yet.

luminusflx
Initiate

Post by luminusflx » November 13th, 2014, 9:37 pm

So I've got the latest version up and running (2.4.0.6 on Mac, from GOG). I kept my original save files because I've played kind of a long time and I don't want to start over. I can tell that Patch 3 is installed, because I have the backpack on Ralphie (I forget the name of the backpack, but it increases canteen level for the party and carry weight of the character wearing it). Before Patch 3, he could barely move during combat, but now his movement range is noticeably increased.

Long story short: I still have this bug. Is there a fix that isn't "start the game over now that you have Patch 3"? Help me mods, you're my only hope.

mkolar
Initiate

Post by mkolar » November 16th, 2014, 3:45 pm

Hi, I stuck in "Canyon of Titan" because of the same bug.
When the real fight is done, there is still some person in the combat queue which is I dont know where and the combat mode is still on. What to do now? Cant go trough this whole location, tried two times with different approach. Im really disappointed :(. How to bypass? Or is there any chance that developer will fix this?
I plays trough Steam, Windows 7.

Thanks for great game otherwise.

blabla
Initiate

Post by blabla » November 17th, 2014, 6:30 am

I faced that problem 3 times, not only in Titan Canyon.

First:
Can't remember, quite in the beginning. Didn't care about...

Second:
In the old railway station where you recruit Vax, the Robot.
I killed that two or three big spider-robots, but NOT the tiny robots at the market.
I found Vax and destroyed him => endless combat
After reloading and hacking Vax to join me, everything was ok. Then i killed the tiny robots.

Third: At Titan Canyon. Here i got stuck, because i will NEVER pay tribute to these crazy monks. Never.
I don't see an enemy icon in the screens top character overview list, only my group.
Tried to modify the save game file as explained by another player, but without success.
Then tried around 10 different go-through's in Titan Canyon but without success (except paying tribute - but that's not an option for me :evil:)

- Telling the monks at Gate 1 about the fake monks (Guards of the church or what ever),
one leaves looking after them.
Attacking the left over two + 2 snipers => endless combat
- Don't tell them about fake monks, attacking 3 + 2 snipers => endless combat
- Attacking the raider camp north of gate 1 => endless combat
- Attacking the monk burying his tribute chest and giving you a quest => endless combat
- Killing all guys at the gate and the raider camp, + the monk with the tribute chest => endless combat still active

As i faced that bug at three different places, it seems to be a general bug, not Titan Canyon related only.

best regards,
Armin (impatiently waiting for a bug fix)

Sorry for bad grammar and unusual word choice, but school didn't train me better :oops:

Glim
Initiate

Post by Glim » November 18th, 2014, 9:41 am

Having the same problem as massive11. Originally started playing with the GOG 2.3.0.12 patch. Just upgraded to the latest (2.4.0.14) just before attacking Lt. Bridewell in Titan Canyon, on entering the Prison area combat won't end after killing the four at the entrance no matter what I do. Might be worth submitting a save.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 18th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Patch 4 (just released on Steam) should fix this issue.

Glim
Initiate

Post by Glim » November 18th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Cheers for getting it fixed so fast. I'm hoping the GOG version will be out soon enough.

luminusflx
Initiate

Post by luminusflx » November 18th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Wow. Thanks, folks.

Spiral
Initiate

Post by Spiral » August 23rd, 2018, 1:05 pm

massive11 wrote: ↑
July 4th, 2014, 6:11 am
I encountered a combat bug in the Happy Valley area (outside the Prison) - it seems that no matter what encounter I start (and finish by killing enemies) I am unable to leave the combat mode. Tried reloading multiple times, different encounters, leaving the area then returning etc., all to the same result. Any thoughts? Somebody with similar experience?Thanks

I'm having the same issue and Titans Canyon on the Xbox One

Celeborjn
Initiate

Post by Celeborjn » September 10th, 2018, 3:55 pm

This is more than likely just a huge waste of time as I am almost positive that the Dev's do not support this game anymore....but whatever. I have encountered this endless combat bug twice now. Once in the Canyon of Titan (I managed to "sneak" around outside of the NPC's view range after about 20 attempts) and now again in the Prison after killing the RSK leader. Upon leaving the Prison I am attacked by 4 foreman, they are the only 4 hostile NPC's in the area, trust me I checked, I went turn after turn after turn all the way from the Prison to the Farm and no one existed. During the encounter it starts off with the 4 hostile NPC's by turn 2 there are now 6 extra npc's in the turn queue....and they...don't....exist. So now I can't progress through the game!!! This is the second time I have had to start this game over from the beginning and if I don't get an answer and a fix that actually works, it will be the last time as well because I will just throw the game in the trash. Because that's what you do with broken merch.