[SOLVED] Wasteland 2 black screen on MacBook Pro macOS Mojave

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

maephisto
Initiate

[SOLVED] Wasteland 2 black screen on MacBook Pro macOS Mojave

Post by maephisto »

Hello,

I just installed Wasteland 2 from Steam on my mac. Please note, I installed the original version, not the Director's Cut.

The game runs but I can only see a black screen with the logo of Wasteland as a mouse pointer. The audio is fine, but nothing is shown on the screen.

I read somewhere that
  • this issue is only present on Radeon cards
  • this issue has something to do with Unity
Any help?
Last edited by maephisto on July 23rd, 2019, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maephisto
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2 black screen on MacBook Pro macOS Mojave

Post by maephisto »

I think I have been able to solve the issue. Believe it or not, I extensively looked for a solution on the Internet, but nothing popped up.

Wasteland 2 is executed through the Unity Player. Therefore you can use the command line options of the Unity Player https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Command ... ments.html

In Steam, you can edit the Launch options and you can add "-show-screen-selector". This option will force the Wasteland 2 application to show a screen selector, where you can set the game as Windowed, choosing your own resolution. The game will start with no issues: videos and game will appear now. The funny thing is that if you press CMD + F you will switch to fullscreen and everything, again, will work fine.

I hope this will be useful to some people experiencing my same issue.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Technical Help”