PC version from Microsoft Store patch?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

The Pants Party
Initiate

Re: PC version from Microsoft Store patch?

Post by The Pants Party » June 27th, 2019, 11:39 am

phimseto wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 7:48 am
FYI - we're working on an update now, though I don't have an ETA on it. The build is in Microsoft's hands, and there's some extra stuff they have to put in place so it functions properly with their systems.

One important thing - my understanding is that this update will not work with your current saves. We should have some official messaging for it once we have everything in place.
What saves? :P

In all seriousness, thank you so much for communicating with us and to the team for working on it!

TeddyWestside22
Initiate

Post by TeddyWestside22 » June 30th, 2019, 2:21 am

phimseto wrote:
FYI - we're working on an update now, though I don't have an ETA on it. The build is in Microsoft's hands, and there's some extra stuff they have to put in place so it functions properly with their systems.

One important thing - my understanding is that this update will not work with your current saves. We should have some official messaging for it once we have everything in place.
Awesome, thank you for the update.

Pokedad
Initiate

Post by Pokedad » July 16th, 2019, 5:56 am

Any update on the patch? I know it's probably a low priority, but you're going to be getting a lot more people playing now that the game pass is active. Most are just going to think it's broken and uninstall.

phimseto
Adventurer

Post by phimseto » July 16th, 2019, 7:16 am

We poked Microsoft about it for an ETA. Not sure yet. Will update if/when I hear something.

Pokedad
Initiate

Post by Pokedad » July 25th, 2019, 4:07 am

Saw the update on the main site, as well. Thanks for continuing to support the game. I've been wanting to play this ever since I missed the kickstarter.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » July 26th, 2019, 9:06 am

phimseto wrote:

Thanks for the info - but any chance this update will finally hit all distribution stores (GOG, Steam) and all platforms (Linux, Mac) ?

I wasn't a backer of Wasteland 2 (only because I didn't heard about the game in time), so I can't complain much personally, but I got Wasteland 2 as part as my (rather high-tiers) TTON backing, and I would like to be able to play with all the fixes on my GOG/Linux version, thanks !

phimseto
Adventurer

Post by phimseto » July 26th, 2019, 12:49 pm

The issues being addressed only affect the Microsoft Store version. Steam and GOG remain unchanged.

The Pants Party
Initiate

Post by The Pants Party » August 15th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Hi. So I see there is a new version of the game on the store:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/waste ... FBVD678GR3

However, there is one huge issue with this: the new version has no achievement support. Do you know why this was the solution? Now I have the old version which was unplayable sitting on my Gamertag at 60/1000 Gamerscore, and it's been completely removed for play. The old version can still be viewed here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/waste ... blggh6gmln

Can you please talk to the team and find a way to merge the two versions so that the new version which is supposedly functional (have not tried yet) is linked to the achievement list from the old version so we can complete the game?

Thank you.

The Pants Party
Initiate

Post by The Pants Party » August 27th, 2019, 10:43 am

Post-Gamescom bump for my post above.

The Pants Party
Initiate

Post by The Pants Party » September 10th, 2019, 4:09 am

I hate to be that guy who keeps bumping the same thread, but could someone address the above issue? The achievement community would really appreciate the old version that still has achievements receiving the new, working version of the game. Or somehow merge the two versions so only one exists that has achievements and works. Thank you.

Edit: Also since the new version doesn't include achievements, I wonder if the build would even have a fix for the broken "Scavenger" achievement in it? That was a big part of the original ask when this thread was created. Thanks again.

redpanda9
Initiate

Post by redpanda9 » September 11th, 2019, 2:59 pm

IDK, maybe they are only focused on their new Bard's Tale release and forgot about us

phimseto
Adventurer

Post by phimseto » September 11th, 2019, 7:50 pm

It's being looked into.

The Pants Party
Initiate

Post by The Pants Party » October 11th, 2019, 10:19 am

phimseto wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:50 pm
It's being looked into.
How's this going?