PC version from Microsoft Store patch?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Farso
Initiate

PC version from Microsoft Store patch?

Post by Farso » September 2nd, 2018, 5:04 am

Hi.
I want to know - is there any chanse that PC-version of the Wasteland 2 from Microsoft Store will get patch? I mean this version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/waste ... verviewtab

There are some problems with that version:

1) "Scavenger" achievement (Find all of the world map caches) does not work espite getting the perk that reveals all the locations, and checking them all one by one.

2) Technical problems, for example: it keeps asking to set brightness and saturation every time boot up the game. It also randomly launches full screen even though you play it windowed.

3) MAIN PROBLEM - Game saves being deleted/lost. Even if you make numerous staggered saves - but still the game will almost 'forget' all the saves, and revert you to saves you made hours previously. Sometimes when you typed custom titles to saves they'd disappear, but come back after days and numerous boots later.

It looks like that in the Microsoft store in stock is very old version of the W2 DC, which did not receive patches.
Could you fix it?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: PC version from Microsoft Store patch?

Post by Drool » September 2nd, 2018, 2:28 pm

Holy, crap, I didn't even realize that version existed.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Farso
Initiate

Post by Farso » September 3rd, 2018, 2:22 am

Drool wrote:
September 2nd, 2018, 2:28 pm
"They probably forgot about this version of the game the moment they pushed the "Publish" -button. The Steam version is miles above this trainwreck." (с) guy from TrueAchievements Forums.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 5th, 2018, 8:45 pm

If you don't see a reply from inXile in a day or two, I'd file a ticket at support@inxile.com
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Farso
Initiate

Post by Farso » September 6th, 2018, 3:45 am

Drool wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 8:45 pm
If you don't see a reply from inXile in a day or two, I'd file a ticket at support@inxile.com
Already did 3 days ago. But still got no response.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 7th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Right. I'll point someone this way.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 8th, 2018, 9:24 am

We're aware of the issue. Will drop you a note on your support ticket.

The Pants Party
Initiate

Post by The Pants Party » November 19th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Hi, first of all, welcome to Microsoft!

Second, I was curious what the response was to these issues? I have owned the game forever but could never make progress due to the save games disappearing, and I'd love to see that glitched achievement get fixed as well.

Thanks. :)

TeddyWestside22
Initiate

Post by TeddyWestside22 » June 12th, 2019, 4:19 am

Now that this game is on the Xbox Game Pass for PC, perhaps we can have a fix/update? A lot more people are going to be playing it.

The Pants Party
Initiate

Post by The Pants Party » June 12th, 2019, 8:34 am

My first thought when I saw this got added to Game Pass for PC was excitement that more people would get to play it, then my second thought was how bad of an experience they'll have in its current state... would love to see the game get fixed so it's playable (no save data losses) and all achievements can be earned.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 12th, 2019, 11:40 am

Drool wrote:
September 2nd, 2018, 2:28 pm
Several years ago [in New Orleans] a bunch of residents complained to the city government that their street's pot-holes were costing them monthly mechanic's bills to maintain their cars; and they wanted their street fixed. It turned out that the city didn't know that their street existed; it wasn't on any of their maps. :lol:

redpanda9
Initiate

Post by redpanda9 » June 18th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Is there any news? It's a big game on the PC Game Pass (From the makers of Fallout 2) and its unplayable with the save game bug. Might as well take the game down from there if its not going to work.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 19th, 2019, 10:08 am

redpanda9 wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Is there any news? It's a big game on the PC Game Pass (From the makers of Fallout 2) and its unplayable with the save game bug. Might as well take the game down from there if its not going to work.
Redpanda, you're encountering the save game bug with the PC Game Pass version of the game?

The Pants Party
Initiate

Post by The Pants Party » June 19th, 2019, 10:32 am

The Game Pass version is the exact same version that we've been talking about in this topic from the Windows 10 store. The last update to the game was November 2018 and I'm unsure what it actually did, because all the issues in the first post persist (horrible save issues and glitched "Scavenger" achievement). If you look at the reviews for the game, this has been going on since the game released and new people are leaving negative reviews since it was added to Game Pass.

redpanda9
Initiate

Post by redpanda9 » June 19th, 2019, 12:46 pm

phimseto wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 10:08 am
redpanda9 wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Redpanda, you're encountering the save game bug with the PC Game Pass version of the game?
EDIT: my reply didn't show up before for some reason.

Yes, I'm talking about the PC's new XBOX Game Pass. I was also gonna say that the save game fix for the steam version of the game does not work for this version because I cannot find the save files anywhere, even the ones that do show up in game (which only take me to the beginning of the game), nor can i find the TOC file.
Last edited by redpanda9 on June 19th, 2019, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 19th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Alright, will pass this along.

TeddyWestside22
Initiate

Post by TeddyWestside22 » June 22nd, 2019, 3:47 pm

phimseto wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Alright, will pass this along.
The Windows Store sales would probably be miniscule for this game compared to Steam. Still, it shouldn't have been released and left (for nearly 3 years) in an unplayable state. There isn't much in gaming as frustrating as losing your save and in this case, it happens constantly. Hopefully it can be addressed.

Thanks for looking into it.

DaEagle
Initiate

Post by DaEagle » June 23rd, 2019, 9:19 pm

Even if sales a miniscule, it does give inxile a bad rep. This is likely more problematic with game pass for PC as the number of users will likely increase. Anyway, if it helps people, the save files are located here:

c:\users\{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\181CBCCD.Wasteland2DirectorsCut_9y3t8zad226mc\SystemAppData\wgs\

However, simply deleting the index does not appear to work. The system seams to re-download it from the cloud. In addition, digging through those file with a hex editor, it doesn't look like the 'missing' save games are there (at least in my case).

malpollo
Initiate

Post by malpollo » June 24th, 2019, 2:14 am

I have the same problem of delete the saves. Correct it please.

it is unplayable...

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 27th, 2019, 7:48 am

FYI - we're working on an update now, though I don't have an ETA on it. The build is in Microsoft's hands, and there's some extra stuff they have to put in place so it functions properly with their systems.

One important thing - my understanding is that this update will not work with your current saves. We should have some official messaging for it once we have everything in place.