Refreshing localisation file during a game?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

John2022[FR]
Initiate

Refreshing localisation file during a game?

Post by John2022[FR] » July 3rd, 2018, 3:00 am

Hi all,

At this moment, I correct translation errors and bugs due to the dash "-" in the texts displayed on the screen. So I modify the Main_Fr.txt file.
Apart from the fact that I don't get much from the tags in front of certain words or lines, everything is fine.

However, it would seem that even when I quit the game, restart it, and load a saved game, my fixes do not apply. :ugeek:

Is there a way that I can see the fruit of my work without starting a new game again (which seems to be necessary to see changes occur in game)?
A console command would be great (but how to access debug/dev console?); btw, I'm looking for a way and an explanation; please don't let me do a loner topic. I would really appreciate it. :D Thank you in advance.

John2022[FR]
Initiate

Re: Refreshing localisation file during a game?

Post by John2022[FR] » July 5th, 2018, 1:01 am

I found bunch of useful info there :roll: https://wasteland2.inxile-entertainment ... on/project, especially, see the changes in my editing. We had to create a new "Localization" folder in the "WL2_Data" one and drop in it, either the corrected file, or a file containing the corrections (with same filename). This keeps the original translation/localization file in its place.

Btw, during my game and work, I could see that the English localization file (Main_en.txt) was lacking lots of sentences of the game. It's like the end of the file was missing. The game displays data that does not have an entry in this file. It's a little bit confusing to translate and correct those entries that are messing around.

Anybody know something about this and tell me where I can find the entire up to date "Main_en.txt" file please?

PS: I'm on the last Gog version of the game at this day (version 97264), with last unofficial patch v0.9.4t, by Executor_ from viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17009#p178873

John2022[FR]
Initiate

Re: Refreshing localisation file during a game?

Post by John2022[FR] » July 7th, 2018, 2:35 am

Nobody has anything to say about "Main_En.txt" file that is missing entries?