Save game missing .- No TOC.txt file - UBUNTU . SOLVED

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Mandalore
Initiate

Save game missing .- No TOC.txt file - UBUNTU . SOLVED

Post by Mandalore » February 28th, 2017, 6:17 am

I can't load my saved games in main menu, I tried to delete the Toc.txt file but the game (W2DC) don't recreate it, and nothing changed.

https://ibb.co/d1yBMF

Also I notice that level is blocked on "rookie". I always played at seasoned level. (guessing I can't load from different level).

https://ibb.co/iN25gF

If I start a new game, I can select "seasoned level" and i can load past saved games from ingame menu, but when I back to main menu or restart the game, still I can't load nothing.

I'm using Steam on Ubuntu 16.10.
Last edited by Mandalore on March 7th, 2017, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mandalore
Initiate

Re: Save game missing .- No TOC.txt file - UBUNTU

Post by Mandalore » March 5th, 2017, 6:37 am

So it's over? Nobody know how to force the game to create a new Toc.txt file?

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » March 5th, 2017, 8:47 am

Deleting the toc.txt file and then launching the game is supposed to recreate the menu of saved games... a new Toc.txt file.
Make sure the game is completely exited and then make sure there's no toc.txt and finally launch the game.

Still not working? In Steam you can make sure every file is up to date by using the "Verify Integrity of Game Files" button on the Local Files tab. The Steam Cloud that syncs your saved games could also be out of sync. Try to get the cloud to match your save game folders.
If you don't have Steam, try a re-install from scratch. First uninstall everything, then after that go back and manually delete any left over directories. Don't delete your save games directory though.

No good? At this point, I believe your save game xml file is corrupt. I can look at it and see if it's possible to fix it if you're ok with emailing me the entire save game folder zipped up, include the xml, bin and any custom portraits folder as well. BlakeStone at outlook dot com
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

Mandalore
Initiate

Post by Mandalore » March 5th, 2017, 11:20 am

Thanks for you reply.

I already did all: deleted the toc.txt file, deleted all saved games and let Steam re-downloading all, uninstall/re-install the whole game, nothing change.

Zipped the save folders is almost 40 Mb, there is a way for check it by myself? Do you think that try to install the games on windows could change something?

Mandalore
Initiate

Re: Save game missing .- No TOC.txt file - UBUNTU - SOLVED

Post by Mandalore » March 7th, 2017, 4:12 am

UPDATE:

- I solved the problem in two steps:

1) by disabling the steam cloud sync data (this prevent Steam to re-download all saved games).

2) removing old saved games files (not the last one)

Now my last saved game work, toc.txt file is back and i can continue my game. Probably one of old saved game files was corrupt, and this had blocked all other loads.

(Sorry if I say it, but ... block all loads because one saved file is corrupt? seriously?)

BlakeStone
Explorer

Re: Save game missing .- No TOC.txt file - UBUNTU . SOLVED

Post by BlakeStone » March 7th, 2017, 8:15 am

Glad you resolved your issue.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas