Angela Deth dismissed, unable to find in Citadel (DC version)

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Eddo36
Initiate

Angela Deth dismissed, unable to find in Citadel (DC version)

Post by Eddo36 »

I am playing the DC version on Xbox One and am unable to find Angela Deth anywhere on the Citadel after dismissing her. I have Patch 1 which said it was supposed to fix the problem but I can't find her.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Angela Deth dismissed, unable to find in Citadel (DC version)

Post by Drool »

Hmm. She should be in the cafeteria, I believe.

Unless... did you "dismiss" her by going to Titan Valley?
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Eddo36
Initiate

Post by Eddo36 »

Drool wrote:Hmm. She should be in the cafeteria, I believe.

Unless... did you "dismiss" her by going to Titan Valley?
I dismissed her while in Citadel after entering interior for the first time, did a quicksave and then a quickload, don't find her anywhere. Where did you dismissed her?
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Oh, I dismissed her in Rail Nomads or something.

She should be there, but I suppose it might be possible that something went screwy with the quicksave/load. If you haven't gone much further from there, you might have an autosave before she vanished.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Eddo36
Initiate

Post by Eddo36 »

Drool wrote:Oh, I dismissed her in Rail Nomads or something.

She should be there, but I suppose it might be possible that something went screwy with the quicksave/load. If you haven't gone much further from there, you might have an autosave before she vanished.
I tried to dismiss her from Radio Tower then went back to Citadel and look, but don't see her still.

Maybe it's console specific to Xbox One? I don't see her, nor those 3 raiders I recruited from Radio Tower. It's at the stage when I just saved Ag Center and returned to Citadel with its doors opening.
macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting »

Nah, I often have the same problem myself. I'm reasonably certain I have an up-to-date install, and am using Linux.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Well, you never see the three raiders. They sort of vanish from the face of the earth because they're pretty much useless bums. You should still get a recruitment bonus.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Eddo36
Initiate

Post by Eddo36 »

Got this reply from email after submitting report.
Thanks for getting in touch. In the Director's Cut of Wasteland 2, Angela Deth leaves the party for story reasons after dismissal, as she is not supposed to be following the party officially (General Vargas will get mad if you tell him she's with you, for example). To my knowledge this is intended behavior in the Director's Cut, though the original release of Wasteland 2 on PC may have tread this differently. Sorry for any confusion!

Best,
Eric
inXile Entertainment
thommy
Initiate

Post by thommy »

I got interest in finding Citadel since most of you people did not find her either. I might think of any possible solution and will give you feedback once finalized.
madmaxthc
Acolyte

Post by madmaxthc »

Hi,

I was just posting related to the same issue. I haven't even done the prison, and if I dismiss her, she's nowhere to be found. The same happens for the additional ranger recruits, e.g. if I dismiss La Loca, she's nowhere to be found in RC.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

It sounds like Angie vanishing might be intended behavior, but none of the others should be doing that, at least not since the first major patch.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
mac10
Novice

Post by mac10 »

madmaxthc wrote:Hi,

I was just posting related to the same issue. I haven't even done the prison, and if I dismiss her, she's nowhere to be found. The same happens for the additional ranger recruits, e.g. if I dismiss La Loca, she's nowhere to be found in RC.
La Loca and the other 2 replaces your original 4, they aren't your typical followers, so if you dismiss them, you fired them off the team; Angela Deth in the DC version leaves anytime you dismiss her, even prior to the canyon, seem like intended.
madmaxthc
Acolyte

Post by madmaxthc »

Drool wrote:It sounds like Angie vanishing might be intended behavior, but none of the others should be doing that, at least not since the first major patch.
Hi, thanks for your comment.
Have you tried? Does it work for you?
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

I have not. I'll try to check and see if she's there when I get home. I have a save with a dismissed Angie that's pre-Prison.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
madmaxthc
Acolyte

Post by madmaxthc »

Drool wrote:I have not. I'll try to check and see if she's there when I get home. I have a save with a dismissed Angie that's pre-Prison.
Thanks. But as I understand, Angela disappearing may be intentional. How about the 3 recruits? I would expect those 3 to be still around somewhere. Have you had problems with that?
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Okay, I checked my save and Angela was indeed missing. If this is intentional, it's very poorly thought out, especially since there's an item that can be turned in to her provided she's not in your party. As it is, that it's pretty much useless now. I mean, I wasn't planning on using her any more, but having her vanish early is kind of disappointing.

As for the replacement Rangers, I've never used them. I thought they were supposed to operate as full PCs, so they shouldn't be dismissed. But, apparently, they can be. I'm really not sure what the deal with them is.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
madmaxthc
Acolyte

Post by madmaxthc »

Thanks ;)

Yeah, that looks like either a bug or maybe they just forgot to implement them going back to Citadel. Fortunately I noticed before temporarily dismiss the recruits.

Funny you say that about Angela. I have just found Pizepi out of the Darwin labs. I helped the mutants, dismissed Angela, recruited Pizepi. Then I spoke to Angela (still in Darwin) and told her about Hell Razor and his killer... but assured her that "Darwin was completely uninhabitable"... LOL... She had just helped with curing the mutants :roll: :mrgreen:
Zeus
Initiate

Post by Zeus »

I'm running into the same problem. At the Rail Nomad Camp, I dismissed both Angela and Takayuki. Now Takayuki is waiting for me back at the Citadel, but Angela is nowhere to be found.

I'm vaguely aware of some upcoming story event that will remove Angela from my party, but that's not the case here. There was no storyline reason for Angela to leave my party, I just dismissed her and Takayuki to temporarily add Robbie and Scotchmo to my party. But now that I want them back, Angela is nowhere to be found.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Yeah, it looks like they decided to just loop her out regardless, which is more than a little annoying.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Zeus
Initiate

Post by Zeus »

Yeah, annoying and just really confusing. Even if it wasn't for the recently patched "dismissed party members disappear" bug, this would FEEL like a horrible glitch.

Her character makes such a big impression that to have her disappear without a trace, or any of her friends back at the Citadel comment on her absence, seems way more like a glitch than part of the storyline.

If she were back at the Citadel, with a new, "Vargas busted me, sorry I can't rejoin" message, that'd be fine. But the way she disappears now? I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on. Heck, I almost reloaded my game to a point three levels earlier, back when Angela was still in my party, because I was worried my saves were somehow corrupt.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Technical Help”