XboxOne major issues

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

septembertopia
Initiate

XboxOne major issues

Post by septembertopia » October 13th, 2015, 6:57 am

Hello

I just wanted to post on here about some problems i have been having with xboxone release of Wasteland 2 Directors Cut.

In only a few short hours of play ive come across several game breaking bugs that i would like to bring to your attention.

- Locked into dialog screens: This is easily the most common thing i ran into. at least over 30 times in about 4 hours of play. the dialog freezes up with options to select and no B button icon to be pressed to back out. each time you have to reload or quit and restart to fix it.

-No dying animations: every time you kill an enemy they do not dissapear or drop to the ground. they just stand there in an idle animation forever and not allow you to loot any of them. one example is the armored toad in the cave stole my weapon then died and wouldnt allow me to loot my gear back.

- Character deselection when exiting menus: this hasnt happend nearly as often but occasoonally on leaving dialog or vendors your characters all get deselected and you are unable to select them again without reloading.

-Broken Npc: Some npc's will not react to anything untill you reload your save.

despite all these issues it runs smoothly in all other ways but these issues are seriously hampering my ability to progress in the story. I am dissapointed having bought this in good faith that it would be at the very least playable. I truly hope fixes are coming for those effected. I was really looking forward to this game and supporting this project but now I am not so sure if it is even worth buying in this state for anyone that has not purchased yet

Thankyou for your time and best of luck on future endeavors.
Last edited by septembertopia on October 13th, 2015, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargrilled
Acolyte

Re: XboxOne major issues

Post by chargrilled » October 13th, 2015, 1:30 pm

you say its not worth buying and yet youve apparently been playing the xbox one version. :/

havent had those problems myself. but ive only played upto halfway through ag center.
all my enemies so far have fallen on the ground dead and lootable.
i did have to reload and rose in ag center could not be talked to unless i was in a pixel specific spot on the screen.

i dont particularly like the console interface though. its not that intuitive for some things, and other things just arent there at all.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 13th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Sorry for those issues you've experienced. What you're seeing definitely doesn't sound normal to me - I'm going to run this by our team and see if we can investigate further.

I will say that anecdotally, some of those sound like things I'd expect to see when a PC player is running the game with a corrupt or damaged game install. Not sure if that kind of thing can be a factor on Xbox for either digital or retail versions of the game, but the ones you've mentioned are not ringing any bells for me.

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 13th, 2015, 11:17 pm

sear wrote:Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for those issues. What you're experiencing doesn't sound normal to me - I'm going to run this by our team and see if we can investigate further.

I will say that anecdotally, some of those sound like things I'd expect to see when a PC player is running the game with a corrupt game install. Not sure if that kind of thing can be a factor on Xbox for either digital or retail versions of the game, but the ones you've mentioned are not ringing any bells for me.
i have deleted and reinstalled twice. i am using the same console as everyone else. i just dont understand these issues.

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 14th, 2015, 7:28 pm

downloaded 8 gig update but im still having all the exact same issues.

Leemanchester05
Initiate

Post by Leemanchester05 » October 19th, 2015, 10:25 am

Hey septembertopia...i also get the locked dialog all the time...did u manage to find a fix....and also..are you in the xbox preview program?

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 20th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Leemanchester05 wrote:Hey septembertopia...i also get the locked dialog all the time...did u manage to find a fix....and also..are you in the xbox preview program?
Same issues on my end but im not in the program