Bring Mr. Manners Tori Robinson's head won't start.

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sademon
Initiate

Bring Mr. Manners Tori Robinson's head won't start.

Post by sademon » November 30th, 2014, 2:46 pm

I saw that after you deal with the Fletcher issue in Angel Orcale, you're suppose to go and talk to Mr.Manners and he'll give you a quest deciding Tori's fate, but the quest never starts and Mr.Manners doesn't have any dialogue options beside "Toast" "Toaster" and "Cat Litter".
Tori is also supposed to get away from town, but instead she just returns to her regular spot in Angel Oracle.
Seeing that quest wouldn't start I tried to get to LA aqueduct regardless, and she's there as friendly while most of the other NPCs aggro as I get close to them, it's not suppose to be this way is it?
Anyway I let Tori go after seeing her in the LA aqueduct but again, she appears at the same spot in Angel Oracle.
Well decided to kill her to see if it'll progress the game.. but one of my team got Tori's head but nothing I can do with it and Mr.Manners won't even comment on it or anything.
And a smaller issue, I bought pain relievers from the nurse in Angel Orcale hospital, but the dentist who asks for painkillers\relievers doesn't take them. (Only pain killers work? pain relievers won't?)

Ident8
Novice

Re: Bring Mr. Manners Tori Robinson's head won't start.

Post by Ident8 » December 5th, 2014, 3:28 am

I saved fletcher by intervening with smartass when i brought him back, then i told mr. manners about tori's coup (or so i think). At that point i already got my cat litter and radio stuff. I never got the quest with the head. I have been carrying that head around for an eternity after i killed her outside angel's oracle. it is starting to get heavy

sademon
Initiate

Post by sademon » December 5th, 2014, 8:30 am

Yeah same here.
Too bad I can't let Tori go though, it breaks my game.
Anyway I'm at the fight with Dugan now and trying to keep the provost alive is proving impossible lol.

Ident8
Novice

Post by Ident8 » December 8th, 2014, 12:31 pm

sademon wrote:Anyway I'm at the fight with Dugan now and trying to keep the provost alive is proving impossible lol.
Got yourself quite the metagoal there eh? I gave him up only recently because he kept getting one-shotted and I thought to myself "ain't nobody got time fo' this". Apparently there is nothing of benefit coming from dragging him anywhere or even to the end, anyway, so no point in that I believe. There was some troll posting that there is a great revelation at the end but I am sure it was just a troll.

Oh, also Tori vanished from Angel's Oracle in my case. So situation is a bit different from yours. I still never got the quest though. I am not even sure anymore if it is supposed to pop up. I mean, what could he give me that I do not already have: radio and catlitter is given. Any info on the reward?

Mindblade
Initiate

Post by Mindblade » January 20th, 2015, 2:47 pm

sademon wrote:Too bad I can't let Tori go though, it breaks my game.
I have a similar issue:
I found Tori in L.A. Aquaduct, and decided to let her go.
I also found the Toaster heater element.
But when I go to Mr. Manners, I cannot give him the heater element. (No dialogue option but Litter, Toast, Toaster, over and over again)
When I tell him I let Tori go, he won't speak to me any more. When I tell him, I "still" haven't gotten her head, I only get Litter, Toast, Toaster as dialogue options.

Will this be fixed in a future patch?

Soren The Wild
Novice

Post by Soren The Wild » January 20th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Mindblade wrote:
sademon wrote:Too bad I can't let Tori go though, it breaks my game.
I have a similar issue:
I found Tori in L.A. Aquaduct, and decided to let her go.
I also found the Toaster heater element.
But when I go to Mr. Manners, I cannot give him the heater element. (No dialogue option but Litter, Toast, Toaster, over and over again)
When I tell him I let Tori go, he won't speak to me any more. When I tell him, I "still" haven't gotten her head, I only get Litter, Toast, Toaster as dialogue options.

Will this be fixed in a future patch?
You need to give the heater element to the chef at the kitchen and not to mr. Manners(and you need to do so before talking to mr. Manners.).

HCGxKaLiBeR
Initiate

Post by HCGxKaLiBeR » August 21st, 2017, 7:33 pm

After a few loads/saves I found going in to his office too quick will cause bug.
You need to wait for a bit till Mr.Manners ask you to come to his office on the public announcement.

vike
Initiate

Post by vike » September 20th, 2017, 2:41 am

hi,

I let tori go and informed Manners about it, we get angry and now I`m not able to enter Angel Oracle at all, guards on the gate wont let me in.. but I still have quests to finish there, like helping Manners to find meat source or dental past for paladino etc.
How should I finish these quests if Im not able to enter Angel?
thanks

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 23rd, 2017, 8:57 pm

I believe that if you let Tori go, they ban you from Angel Oracle. Those quests are likely a lost cause.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!