Major crash during gameplay

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Guls
Initiate

Major crash during gameplay

Post by Guls » October 21st, 2014, 12:18 pm

Hi,

I regularly encounter a major crash while playing the game. I stopped playing during some time, hoping it would be fixed in the first patches, but it doesn't seem to be the case, so I'm posting here and hopefully getting it fixed later or getting a workaround.

While playing, all of a sudden, the game freezes for a few seconds, then switches to full black screen, and after 2 or 3 minutes of black screen, the windows error message "Wasteland 2 has stopped working" appears, and I have to shut down the game. During the whole time, the music of the game keeps playing, there's just no images. It has happened to me at various occasions in the game: while entering a cave, during combat, etc.

Here's my configuration:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-core
RAM: 12GB
GPU: Radeon R9 290x, with latest drivers (but crash also happened with the previous version)

I've had no problem with this configuration in the past, and recently played other games such as SWTOR, or Shadow of Mordor without any issue.

Any hint of what might be causing this ?

Guls
Initiate

Re: Major crash during gameplay

Post by Guls » October 26th, 2014, 10:08 am

Having had no answer to this and given that inXile has no support mechanism, I'll allow myself to bump this thread...

Tets
Master

Re: Major crash during gameplay

Post by Tets » October 26th, 2014, 10:32 am