Patch 3 Released

For all discussion of gameplay and game strategy, as well as help with technical problems.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Brother None
Developer

Patch 3 Released

Post by Brother None » April 23rd, 2014, 1:44 pm

We just released a new patch which adds Edwin Montgomery's soundtrack and fixes an issue with the Linux build. It is live on Steam, Desura and the Mac Game Store, should be up on GOG.com soon.

- Added soundtrack by Edwin Montgomery
- Fixed Linux version issue where the game would crash when switching fullscreen/windowed while paragraph text is visible
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

skin
Novice

Re: Patch 3 Released

Post by skin » April 23rd, 2014, 6:37 pm

Wow is it this soundtrack? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thZVMmPCkqQ

I heard this about a year ago and thought it was amazing.

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » April 23rd, 2014, 6:38 pm

I take it that given the changes, it will not affect existing Saves.
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, Life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » April 23rd, 2014, 6:45 pm

EDIT: Answered my own question, the fan-soundtrack is now the official soundtrack for Wasteland :) Not sure if the game has been set to actually play the right tracks at the right time though, Mr Montgomery made different tracks for every different locations in Wasteland, but after playing for a few secs it seems it doesn't play the Mine Shaft track when you enter Mine Shaft, I wonder if they can do that without the source code?

EDIT 2:
This kinda suggests that they can only get the entire soundtrack or a single track to loop. I wonder if they could somehow tie each track to it's respective location in the same way as they tied the voice tracks to their respective paragraphs.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » April 23rd, 2014, 11:00 pm

CaptainPatch wrote:I take it that given the changes, it will not affect existing Saves.
It shouldn't have any impact as it's mostly just changing the soundtrack.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » April 23rd, 2014, 11:37 pm

nice :D

edmondo
Acolyte

Post by edmondo » April 24th, 2014, 12:50 am

Hey, thanks! :D I've never expected that much Long Term Support for Wasteland 1. Very nice.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » April 24th, 2014, 9:59 am

Crosmando wrote:Not sure if the game has been set to actually play the right tracks at the right time though, Mr Montgomery made different tracks for every different locations in Wasteland, but after playing for a few secs it seems it doesn't play the Mine Shaft track when you enter Mine Shaft, I wonder if they can do that without the source code?
We could not find any practical way to match tracks to locations so yes, the game just plays the entire soundtrack or a specific song in a loop depending on your settings.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

TheCycoONE
Initiate

Post by TheCycoONE » May 15th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Got a crash on the patch 3 linux version on start:

Assertion 't = find_next_time_event(m)' failed at pulse/mainloop.c:722, function calc_next_timeout(). Aborting.
zsh: abort (core dumped) ./wasteland

Hasn't happened before or since, so I guess it's not a big deal.

Tredekka
Initiate

Post by Tredekka » June 10th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Version & (Re)Installation Clarifiation...

Was looking to play Wasteland 1 again, and noticed in GOG there were new versions:

Win - setup_wasteland_2.1.0.8.exe
Mac - wasteland_1.3.0.8.dmg

I'm not sure if the above items are what you're referring to by "Patch 3", or not, as earlier there was a [patch_wasteland_2.0.2.7.exe] file which had "patch" in the filename.?. unfortunately the forum won't let you search on a version number string... so if there is a version notes sticky, I don't know where it is.

Perhaps it would help if you created a "sticky" posting: "Current Release & Version Notes"

Under here you could list what the current release versions are (Win/Mac) as well as the Version History (what's been changed/fixed/updated) Change Log.

Secondly, under here, for the current versions; you could list what is the best practice for installation. For instance, I would presume that "patch" files are installed without removing the previous version. But what about the current [setup_wasteland_2.1.0.8.exe] file? Should I install "on top of", "uninstall the old version first & re-install", or "does the installer automatically uninstall the old version first & re-install"? Do I need to do anything to protect my previous game saves?

Thanks,

Tredekka

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 10th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Well, generally, most of the game is in the .exe. The rest is for save games, the bundled DOSBox, audio files, manuals, etc.

If installing manually, I would simply run the installer and let it overwrite whatever it needs to. Most of the changes in Patch 3 are, I think, the new soundtrack.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!