Christina: Where is she, and did I accidentally kill her?

For all discussion of gameplay and game strategy, as well as help with technical problems.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

PiEdude
Initiate

Christina: Where is she, and did I accidentally kill her?

Post by PiEdude » February 24th, 2014, 10:38 am

So I've been through a few walthroughs, and they all say she's in downtown Needles. However, I cannot find her for the life of me, and I didn't read that part of the walkthrough until after I'd already gone through Needles once (I'm still working on the town, I just haven't gotten to the Temple of Blood). So I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly where she is. Because I may have accidentally killed her somehow.

Sxerks
Global Moderator

Re: Christina: Where is she, and did I accidentally kill her

Post by Sxerks » February 24th, 2014, 11:35 am

She is in Needles:Downtown_East, between the 2 south buildings alone next to a wall o the grass, and is labeled as Woman in an encounter.

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » February 24th, 2014, 1:52 pm

Meh. She burns ammo. 8-)

ad1066
Scholar

Post by ad1066 » February 24th, 2014, 2:54 pm

It's entirely possible to kill her by accident, if you happen to be walking through the alley between Leroy's and the Acapulco Club, and get attacked by random gangers, and don't notice that she's hanging out there.

Better fighter than most of the earlier NPCs (maybe on par with Ace, but certainly better than Pedros or Felicia), and she comes equipped (I think Vax is the only other character that does). But yes, she is very quick to go full auto on stuff that doesn't warrant it.

-- Ben
-----[Ben Morgan]-----
ad1066 AT gmail you know the rest
Ben's Wasteland Walkthrough

PiEdude
Initiate

Post by PiEdude » February 24th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Hmm, yeah, it looks like I may have killed her then. Damn, I heard she was a good early NPC too.

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » February 24th, 2014, 10:37 pm

PiEdude wrote:Hmm, yeah, it looks like I may have killed her then. Damn, I heard she was a good early NPC too.
I wouldn't sweat it. Early NPCs tend to fall by the wayside quickly. After my first few playthroughs I never bothered with her, honestly.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » February 24th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Yeah, but she's pretty handy on the first run through. She pretty much carried my ass on my first playthrough back in the day. The problem is more there's not a lot of trained people up to that point; you pretty much have her and Ace. By the time you hit Needles, you've got Jackie, Pedros, Dan, Felicia, Ace, Christina, Mort, and Ralf. Not exactly spoiled for options, there.

Of course, soon after you can get your hands on Metal Maniac, Mad Dog Fargo, and Covenant who are all pretty darn good, especially Covenant. If you're willing to use spoilers, actually, you could easily snag Covenant now. It's just tricky with random combats.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

PiEdude
Initiate

Post by PiEdude » February 26th, 2014, 12:26 am

Alright, well thanks for all the help. I guess I could find someone else instead. I've been looking for a replacement for Dan Citrine anyway.