Request Advice: Pugilism

For all discussion of gameplay and game strategy, as well as help with technical problems.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

macksting
Explorer

Request Advice: Pugilism

Post by macksting » December 8th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Ideally, I would like at some point to punch out the Scorpitron.
Advice?

Lucius
Master

Re: Request Advice: Pugilism

Post by Lucius » December 8th, 2013, 8:22 pm

macksting wrote:Ideally, I would like at some point to punch out the Scorpitron.
Advice?
Train Pugilism. Go to Guardian's Citadel; obtain power armor. Beat up Scorpitron.

MrBadGuy
Initiate

Post by MrBadGuy » December 8th, 2013, 10:24 pm

macksting wrote:Ideally, I would like at some point to punch out the Scorpitron.
Advice?
Punched Scorpitron with this party:
Just chainsaw with kevlar suit for every member - only one character in UNC, some helpful loot and 4000 exp to Ace after finishing the battle.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 9th, 2013, 1:34 am

Not the same as relying on pugilism.
Y'all thinkin' maybe train with spears against Brother Goliath to get my number of attacks up, then go close up and take him out with fists or something?
What stat(s) should I emphasize? Is luck more important when dealing with pugilism? I'm not sure how the damage system works precisely, but I'd be surprised if luck didn't play an important but unpredictable role, which might be precisely what's needed for getting through large amounts of enemy armor.
Speed, I imagine, is sort of moot against all but Humongous Coyotes, since late game monsters usually don't resort to melee even at appropriate ranges.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » December 10th, 2013, 6:47 am

macksting wrote:Y'all thinkin' maybe train with spears against Brother Goliath to get my number of attacks up, then go close up and take him out with fists or something?
Spears are bugged. I believe they're thrown weapons that count as AT weapons. Clubs are better. Books better still.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » December 10th, 2013, 8:59 am

Strength and Luck both affect melee. Strength increases damage and Luck increases to-hit and damage.

Fists do 1d6 damage + whatever Strength and Luck add, which isn't quite clear, but I would think it's additive. What's the most damage you've ever seen with Fists?

Also, you need both Brawling and Pugilism as Brawling increases attacks per round.