Servo motors

For all discussion of gameplay and game strategy, as well as help with technical problems.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

ChrisElkins
Initiate

Servo motors

Post by ChrisElkins » December 5th, 2013, 10:13 am

I have been through the sewers time and again, I got the motor from housekeeping in Stage coach but I am still short one Servo motor!

Can I still complete the game without building Max? Is there any way to get another servo motor at this point? I really don't want to restart the game :(

ad1066
Scholar

Re: Servo motors

Post by ad1066 » December 5th, 2013, 10:49 am

There should be four of them in the sewers itself, obtaining the one from housekeeping (or the one from Laurie, for that matter) should not be necessary. Just bring a shovel with you and make sure you explore every last corner.

Waking up Max is necessary to activate the location of the Sleeper Base, which is exceedingly useful, but not strictly speaking necessary to complete the game.

-- Ben

[Edit: Sleeper Base is necessary because of the Plasma Coupler in the safe, but it's possible that you might be able to get one out of a Broken Toaster.]]
-----[Ben Morgan]-----
ad1066 AT gmail you know the rest
Ben's Wasteland Walkthrough

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » December 5th, 2013, 8:16 pm

ad1066 wrote:[Edit: Sleeper Base is necessary because of the Plasma Coupler in the safe, but it's possible that you might be able to get one out of a Broken Toaster.]]
There's also one just sitting on the ground outside Cochise. But you need Max to unlock Cochise too.

However, yes, there are enough parts in the sewers to rebuild Max. You just have to explore all the corners.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Wild_Bill_711
Scholar

Post by Wild_Bill_711 » December 6th, 2013, 10:00 am

Yup, all the necessary parts (9 parts in all) to reassemble Max ARE there in the Sewers... it's just a matter of 'exploring' to find them all.

My best guess is that the 'missing' Servo Motor is still there... in a room to the extreme east / right of the "Lab" !!!

Possibly one "secret" is that almost immediately after first crossing the Sewers River, you'll have an encounter with some distant robots... the initial 'loot' will probably be some ammo clips or Howitzer Shells (or maybe Power Packs). Taking this 'loot' reveals more 'loot'... a ROM Board ! As I recall, this is the first of 3 ROM Boards to be found in the Sewers.

Although only 2 ROM Boards are required in Max's reassembly, this 3rd ROM Board is necessary later at Sleeper Base to repair the "Helicopter Simulator" !!!!!

LtMurkyShadow
Initiate

Post by LtMurkyShadow » April 9th, 2014, 12:12 pm

After visiting every square of the sewers, there's still one servo motor missing,
walking over it for another three times, with Per's guide next to it produced nothing.
Lester More, shot by a .44, no Les, no more.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » September 1st, 2014, 5:50 pm

How curious. I, too, found insufficient motors, despite following the left wall throughout the sewers to be certain I'd canvassed them. However, the additional motor from the Stage Coach was enough in my game!

As to there being another motor on the extreme east, how extreme? Is there a secret wall or door east of the lab? A hidden motor in the rooms adjacent to the lab? Something easily missed if one only canvasses the left walls of the dungeon?

Karatheon
Initiate

Post by Karatheon » September 25th, 2014, 6:31 am

Did you use a rope to cross the chasm? There's a Hexborg hiding on the other side.

Nevermind. I remembered the map wrong. But one thing is to take ALL loot, even if you don't want it. There could be loot hidden beneath a dropped lootbag.

Decline
Acolyte

Post by Decline » October 8th, 2014, 10:36 am

Back when I played it on a PCjr :lol: I do remember several games where I fell either 1 servo short, or had 1 extra. This is pretty far back in the memory hole, but I think it consistently had something to do with how I handled the wheelchair lady back in the hotel.