Harry, the Bunny Master and the Ag Center

For all discussion of gameplay and game strategy, as well as help with technical problems.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

crstengeriv
Initiate

Harry, the Bunny Master and the Ag Center

Post by crstengeriv » November 12th, 2013, 8:12 am

I've played the game (off and on) for 20+ years (on both C=64 and PC). Last night, for the first time ever, Harry did not show up during my first pass through the Southern Ag Center field. As anyone (who has played the game more than once) knows, Harry resides on the third row from the western edge of the southern field. When I left the field and then returned, Harry did appear, but in the second row from the Western Edge. What's going on? It appears that (maybe) the map matrix is being corrupted by something. The link for Paragraph 6 did not pop up either. If I had paid money for this game (this time around), I'd be plenty angry. The game is acting like a Beta release...not a game that's ready for "Primetime"

Revolucas
Explorer

Re: Harry, the Bunny Master and the Ag Center

Post by Revolucas » November 12th, 2013, 8:27 am

Harry is always in the second row from the western wall in the southern field:
http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Agricul ... oot_Cellar

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » November 12th, 2013, 8:30 am

Hmmm, I may of had a similar issue, in Highpool I can't get the "Chubby Kid" to spawn so I can't kill him and thus get Red Rider to appear, so I can kill/loot him too, I killed Rex and rescued Jackie in the Cave, and then killed Bobby when I came back up, and then purposely made my guys slip over in the water, I got two kids to spawn (killed em both) but no Chubby kid, I might be remembering my first playthrough incorrectly though, it wasn't that long ago however.... I'm trying to get the "end" where the Highpool doctor disappears and the lake/river dries up.
Last edited by Crosmando on November 12th, 2013, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » November 12th, 2013, 8:34 am

Just keep swimming in the river between the bridge and the lake. I think there are two sets of brats, only one set leads to the chubby kid. So 4 possible encounters of brats before the Chubby Kid.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 12th, 2013, 10:21 pm

Crosmando wrote:Hmmm, I may of had a similar issue, in Highpool I can't get the "Chubby Kid" to spawn so I can't kill him and thus get Red Rider to appear, so I can kill/loot him too, I killed Rex and rescued Jackie in the Cave, and then killed Bobby when I came back up, and then purposely made my guys slip over in the water, I got two kids to spawn (killed em both) but no Chubby kid, I might be remembering my first playthrough incorrectly though, it wasn't that long ago however.... I'm trying to get the "end" where the Highpool doctor disappears and the lake/river dries up.
You know, I haven't either. I'm wondering if that was removed somewhere along the way, because I don't know if I've ever actually seen it in the IBM version. I know it was in the C64 version, but...
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » November 12th, 2013, 10:33 pm

I don't know if it's always been there but when I tried to replicate what Crosmando said, before my initial post, I found that two encounters of brats appear. Each encounter will do that taunting line and re-appear. This leaves 4 possible groups of brats to kill before Chubby Kid appears. I always remember this being just one encounter of brats that you kill then they taunt you and re-appear.

The block directly north of the lake spawns one encounter of Brats. But sometimes it takes awhile going up and down river between the bridge and lake to get the other encounter to appear, which seems to be the real encounter that makes Chubby Kid appear.

I looked at the game data for the map and it seems right. There are 6 encounters of Brats possible in Highpool. So I dunno. Maybe in an old release they wanted it to be harder to get the Red Ryder encounter.

Wild_Bill_711
Scholar

Post by Wild_Bill_711 » December 7th, 2013, 6:00 pm

As I recall... Harry the Bunny Master will NOT appear UNTIL AFTER you've 'visited' the Sales Booth and "offered to help"... which 'transports' you inside the veggie fields.

Picking the gate locks or breaking down the gates, to enter the fields, itself DOESN'T 'activate' Harry to be encountered.... and Miguel won't be there to 'show you the Root Cellar' !