Sleeper Base...(Possible Spoliers)

For all discussion of gameplay and game strategy, as well as help with technical problems.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Son of Max
Adventurer

Sleeper Base...(Possible Spoliers)

Post by Son of Max » November 11th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Posted this elsewhere, probably should have posted it here...

Just finished a full (and thorough) play through of the Steam version.

Aside from the paragraph glitch (that, apparently, EVERYONE has encountered), there's a couple of places where keywords aren't triggering responses:

Cochise: Finster get's the non-response where it's supposed to say "Finster was a fool! He thought he could rebel..."
Darwin Bar: Mad Dog Fargo and Brian The Fist, doesn't matter what you try, Cecil 'doesn't know anything about that...'.
Rail Nomads: Santa Fes gets nothing from the engineer.

Oh, and one HUGE problem:

Second level of Sleeper has two HUGE problems.

Sorry for the font size, but it's BAD.

How bad?

Clone chambers don't work: One attempt, went in, got trapped. One attempt went in, nothing happened...trapped character. After successful uses of the clone fluid machine, went back and attempted to use it again, game text box would pop up with random letters in it, sometimes over-running into the other side of the screen.

The door to the weapons vault: Turns out I didn't need Secpass B at all; I walked right through the door tile (got another glitch text box, walked through it, such boxes popped up when I was trying to take out the crystalline wall but I got through it.

So, only ONE level in the entire game had any glitches...it just happens to be a VERY important level in the game. (Rest of Sleeper was fine, though I didn't see the prompt for the paragraph 46 though, but I may have missed it.

Now, I played the game with all the new features turned on (until I got sick of the music, that got turned off halfway through the game) so, maybe it's a problem that occurs when the new stuff's engaged, I don't know, but that's the stuff I found.

Everything else in the game worked just fine though.

Anybody else encounter this problem?
25 years and it's finally here...

Revolucas
Explorer

Re: Sleeper Base...(Possible Spoliers)

Post by Revolucas » November 11th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Yeah that is pretty bad. Maybe one of the game files is corrupted a little bit. I'll try replacing all the game files with the version found on Abandonia and see if it fixes anything since I now know that all the new features are done through the emulator.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » November 11th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Is this a problem others have run into?

Son of Max, you probably don't have the save anymore? If someone could zip up his entire save folder at the relevant location (that Sleeper Base level) where he's encountering problems and mail it to support@inxile.net, that'll be a huge help, otherwise it's unlikely we'll be able to reproduce it for bugtesting.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » November 11th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Bubonic has also reported the clone chambers not working:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.c ... 407#p80407
Bubonic wrote:
Only the right-most clone pod works. The other three trap my character inside the pod instead of ejecting him/her out to rejoin the party.

Edit: Correction - none of the pods work. The right one appears to, but using it breaks the game somehow. Messages are mixed up, and there is no way to leave the level (the normal level select dialog doesn't appear when you go to the ladder). Blast. I was really looking forward to using those.

Son of Max
Adventurer

Post by Son of Max » November 11th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Brother None wrote:Is this a problem others have run into?

Son of Max, you probably don't have the save anymore? If someone could zip up his entire save folder at the relevant location (that Sleeper Base level) where he's encountering problems and mail it to support@inxile.net, that'll be a huge help, otherwise it's unlikely we'll be able to reproduce it for bugtesting.
Not quite sure what you mean by the save. I had no problems saving anywhere else in the game or at any other time. Unless the save is something totally different. In fact, I have no problems saving on Sleeper level 2 unless I send a person into a clone chamber. That's the only thing that's triggered a freeze in the entire game on my copy.

It just struck me as really bazaar, because I didn't encounter any problems with freezes or crashes or anything else going wonky with the game except in that one level and only on those two parts of it. Everything else, prior to and after that was tip top.

I was going to try another play through starting tonight and see if it happened again.

Edit:
Bubonic wrote:
Only the right-most clone pod works. The other three trap my character inside the pod instead of ejecting him/her out to rejoin the party.

Edit: Correction - none of the pods work. The right one appears to, but using it breaks the game somehow. Messages are mixed up, and there is no way to leave the level (the normal level select dialog doesn't appear when you go to the ladder). Blast. I was really looking forward to using those.
THIS!

This is exactly what happened to me.

I did a 'CTRL-ALT-DEL' outta there and started from my last save point.

That and, after completing Darwin, I went to the weapons vault and, rather than being stopped by the door (requiring the use of Secpass B) I walked right through it (with a blank text box that went away after a step or two into the vault) and blew the crystalline barrier as normal.

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » November 11th, 2013, 6:42 pm

I compared the game files with winmerge and GAME2 is identical to version found on Abandonia. So either it has nothing to do with the game files or they have already fixed it. If they already fixed whatever issue it was with this map, which is found in GAME2, then it would also mean it would require a new game. Only way to be certain would be for someone to speed run to Sleeper Base from a new game and see if it's still messed up.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » November 11th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Son of Max wrote:Not quite sure what you mean by the save.
Well, to test this issue we'd need someone to zip up his savegames folder, a save from when his party is in the broken level (from Users\..\AppData\inXile Entertainment) and send it to support@inxile.net. We can't really identify and bugtest the problem without, since it's not an issue we've seen from internal testing.

So if it does happen again, please try to grab a copy of your save folder for us.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Son of Max
Adventurer

Post by Son of Max » November 11th, 2013, 9:04 pm

Brother None wrote:
Son of Max wrote:Not quite sure what you mean by the save.
Well, to test this issue we'd need someone to zip up his savegames folder, a save from when his party is in the broken level (from Users\..\AppData\inXile Entertainment) and send it to support@inxile.net. We can't really identify and bugtest the problem without, since it's not an issue we've seen from internal testing.

So if it does happen again, please try to grab a copy of your save folder for us.
I'll do that.

Going to do a second play through, I'll see if it happens again.

Lucius
Master

Post by Lucius » November 12th, 2013, 5:27 am

I'm in Sleeper Base on my current playthrough, and I don't see anything wrong with the clone pods. I've cloned all 4 of my rangers, all 4 clone pods are full. No game crashes or saving issues, as far as I can tell or anything else out of the ordinary.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 12th, 2013, 6:40 am

Yeah, I just re-unlocked Sleeper. I couldn't walk through the armory's door, and the clones worked just fine. I could incubate with all 4 pods and was able to release them. No problems anywhere.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Son of Max
Adventurer

Post by Son of Max » November 12th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Lucius wrote:I'm in Sleeper Base on my current playthrough, and I don't see anything wrong with the clone pods. I've cloned all 4 of my rangers, all 4 clone pods are full. No game crashes or saving issues, as far as I can tell or anything else out of the ordinary.
Drool wrote:Yeah, I just re-unlocked Sleeper. I couldn't walk through the armory's door, and the clones worked just fine. I could incubate with all 4 pods and was able to release them. No problems anywhere.
Lucius wrote:I'm in Sleeper Base on my current playthrough, and I don't see anything wrong with the clone pods. I've cloned all 4 of my rangers, all 4 clone pods are full. No game crashes or saving issues, as far as I can tell or anything else out of the ordinary.
Steam or GoG version?

I've got the Steam one and a couple of other people have reported this very bug.

Still working on a second playthrough. Haven't gotten to Sleeper yet. I'll see if it happens again.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 12th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Steam version, on a Win7 laptop.

I'm running it windowed, though. I can't imagine that making a difference, but...
Alwa nasci korliri das.

BraveDogBFG
Initiate

Post by BraveDogBFG » November 17th, 2013, 6:30 am

Son of Max wrote: Darwin Bar: Mad Dog Fargo and Brian The Fist, doesn't matter what you try, Cecil 'doesn't know anything about that...'.
Try asking him about DRINK first. Then his responses all change.

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » November 17th, 2013, 12:55 pm

Are the people having this bug using any exploits like the Super Loot bag?

Siegman
Initiate

Post by Siegman » November 17th, 2013, 2:27 pm

I just hit this bug, and unfortunately I'm saved in a way that I can't get out :(

I'm not using any super loot, and I'm running the steam version.

I went through the process and cloned a character in the rightmost cloning station. Now when I go to the ladder I get a text prompt, and no matter what I enter it teleports me to the square north of the ladder, so I cannot continue. I've emailed my save to you.

Been really enjoying the game, if anyone has a workaround would appreciate it, as I'd hate to start over again :)

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 17th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Revolucas wrote:Are the people having this bug using any exploits like the Super Loot bag?
I used the super loot and didn't get any Sleeper Base bugs. I don't think the super loot would have this kind of impact anyway.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Son of Max
Adventurer

Post by Son of Max » November 19th, 2013, 4:16 am

Revolucas wrote:Are the people having this bug using any exploits like the Super Loot bag?
Nope.

Did a second playthrough, this time, I didn't even go into the clone fluid chamber before I opened the weapons vault and that all worked correctly.

Clone chamber is still f'd up.

ClashFan
Explorer

Post by ClashFan » November 24th, 2013, 3:27 pm

I too have had the bug. Created a clone in the far right one, and can't exit the level. Fortunately, I did not save after cloning (I saved before), so I'm not stuck. Steam version.

I'll go do Darwin and hope for a fix. Really would like to add a clone of my main guy, though not the end of the world...

ednavar
Initiate

Post by ednavar » December 9th, 2013, 8:00 am

Just reached the Sleeper base and got stuck with this same bug.. I saved within the second level so no way to head back.. any workaround?
E.

ednavar
Initiate

Post by ednavar » December 9th, 2013, 10:13 am

Do you know where to locate a save file in OSX? Maybe I can retrieve an older one through Time Machine..