The Cave in Highpool / Why can't I find it?

For all discussion of gameplay and game strategy, as well as help with technical problems.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Iso_MG
Initiate

The Cave in Highpool / Why can't I find it?

Postby Iso_MG » November 20th, 2016, 3:58 am

I've tried many things, also read walkthroughs and everything but for some reason I can't spot the cave from the place where it is supposed to be. Is it a bug in the game or what I'm not getting here? I used level 3 Perception and it didn't work. What should I do? Has anyone had the same problem? I'd be really grateful for some advice.

EDIT: I bought it from Steam. Is it somehow different then?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: The Cave in Highpool / Why can't I find it?

Postby Drool » November 20th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Hm. Okay, that cave can be weird to find sometimes. I've had awful problems finding it, and I've had playthroughs were it pops up fine. I don't remember the triggers, but I know it's in the Steam version. In general, there's a couple things you can try:

1) Put your Perception character in the #1 slot. You'll want them there regardless, but that helps with passive perception checks.

2) Stand between the two trees and try [U]sing perception both with [SPACE] and with left (towards the wall). It can be tough to tell which the game wants sometimes.

3) Try talking to Ralphy. Be sure to ask him about "Jackie" and "Cave".

If none of that works, perhaps try leaving Highpool and going back in. But it should work. Also, be sure you have rope so you can get in the cave once you find it.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Return to “WL1: Gameplay & Tech Help”