Any Chance of a Port to Mobile / Tablets?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Don czirr
Initiate

Any Chance of a Port to Mobile / Tablets?

Post by Don czirr » January 5th, 2018, 5:05 pm

This game seems well suited to travel - given all the reading and no requirement for fast / twitchy gameplay.

As a long commuter, I think I would be like to play this on an iPAD or newer android tablet while coming home from work.

Recently we have seen some heavy weight PC games like CIV VI, Deus Ex and Rome Total War some to mobile - and I think this game is coded with Unity?

Not an expert in that area but doesn't Unity allow for easier ports between platforms ?

The mobile market has a lot of gamers that like such things as "Choose Your Own Adventure" which is all reading - so sales may be better with that crowd than on Steam which has a lot more "twitch" gamers ...

Would anyone else be interested if they made such a port?

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: Any Chance of a Port to Mobile / Tablets?

Post by kilobug » January 6th, 2018, 3:24 am

Since the game is already multiplatform and with an engine that supports such devices, it wouldn't be too hard to do, mostly some UI-level tweak to make the game enjoyable on touchscreen instead of mouse (which can still be harder than it seems). But I've never heard of any plans for inXile to do it... I think they're mostly focusing on BT4 now and have left TTON behind... which is sad because it's really an amazing and underappreciated game IMHO. But then they have bills and salaries to pay...

Lix
Acolyte

Post by Lix » January 6th, 2018, 5:08 am

They're also doing the Wasteland 2 Switch port right now. It's possible that Torment will be next in line, though it has sold much worse than WL2.

Don czirr
Initiate

Post by Don czirr » January 10th, 2018, 12:21 pm

I hope they partner with a good mobile oriented porting team and publish to IOS and / or Android rather than Switch for Torment.

I'm thinking the large "Choose Your Own Adventure" reading customer base would be a far better target than the Switch twitch crowd ....