Thank you so much for Torment: Numenera

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Aenvar
Initiate

Thank you so much for Torment: Numenera

Post by Aenvar » June 24th, 2017, 12:58 pm

I was initially skeptic, but today I finished Torment: Numenera and I have to say it has been an amazing ride. I feel happy and proud of being an artifact backer and I wish to send my deepest thanks to everyone who took part in creating this beautiful and mystical adventure.

My biggest doubt was turn-based combat, but upon understanding how crisis develop I realized how well it suited the game mechanics. I also must admit that I kept comparing the Last Castoff to Planescape's Nameless One, and I feel that Nameless One was a stronger protagonist in most apsects. Besides that I consider everything to be over top quality; I can't express with words how enthralled I've been with the art, characters, music, storyline and the whole Numenera's world.

You can't miss to see how much effort, work and love was put into this videogame and it saddens me to read some of the steam reviews. Though I understand that some people have fair reasons to be annoyed, I think that TTON deserves way more than a 6/10. Hence why I had the need to make this post.

So, to conclude: Congratulations InXile... And thank you. Also, I can't mention why because of spoilers, but you have my deepest gratitude for Aligern, Erritis and Oom. Specially Oom.

phimseto
Developer

Re: Thank you so much for Torment: Numenera

Post by phimseto » June 24th, 2017, 1:37 pm

I know each of the writers for those characters. I'll be sure to pass along your well-wishes. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Aenvar
Initiate

Post by Aenvar » June 25th, 2017, 1:49 am

Awesome! My thanks to you Phimseto.

Off to keep devouring the novellas :)

GavinJF
Developer

Post by GavinJF » June 30th, 2017, 4:41 pm

We're glad you liked it, Aenvar. Thanks for the feedback!