Backer Collectors Edition?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Gamgee
Acolyte

Backer Collectors Edition?

Post by Gamgee » May 17th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Did they send these out yet? I think I had one of the signed ones.
They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

sear
Developer

Re: Backer Collectors Edition?

Post by sear » May 18th, 2017, 12:12 pm

The signed versions are still coming - the signing and shipping around the world took a bit longer than we expected, but that's finished and now we are just waiting on our partners to ship 'em out!

Vanitas
Initiate

Post by Vanitas » May 19th, 2017, 3:57 am

Just got email from UPS that they will be delivering my Signed CE. Should get it on 23rd, nice :-)

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » May 22nd, 2017, 5:40 pm

I just got mine today....maybe half hour ago....the signed version. The quality is solid but there are certainly a couple of flaws....still, they can be forgiven in my opinion. The biggest flaw is that the box is one large empty....well...box....with loose items floating inside wrapped in bubble wrap. It seems like they didn't really plan or know the size of all the items so that could have been better organized for sure. The second flaw is that the and the game disc literally only has a cardboard sleeve....not even a cardboard sleeve with a bit of plastic backing designed to hold a CD like the Soundtrack has....definitely could have got some cheap plastc boxes or something better to hold the game disc and soundtrack....it is a CE and one that cost quite a bit more than comparable CEs. Then there's the known issue of the supposedly reformatted traveler's guide where the content was supposedly crammed in half the pages but supposedly it's all there. Still....the overall quality of what was there was acceptable I think.

The other bit of shoddy work I noticed wasn't part of the CE itself but the signed novella compilation....they didn't sign the actual novellas, they signed some cardboard cards that they then pasted on the first page inside the cover....in some cases on top of the Table of Contents...surely they could paste it to the inside of the front cover instead or something. On the bright side it contains a printed and signed version of Monte Cook's novella which wasn't promised to be included in the printed novella compilation so that deserves some recognition. Otherwise the quality of the novellas was solid.

So in the end there were some glaring oversights in the quality of the physical goods for certain where they played fast and loose with planning or lack thereof and I absolutely despise some of the excuses where they stuff like "it's out of our hands", "we have no control over that", and "we didn't know".....that's part of the problem really....they surrendered a lot of quality control, didn't specify certain things in their contracts with the manufacturers and distributors and so on. Not to mention the cut content from the game itself and their extreme reluctance to talk about it at all until they started being called out on it. This is in keeping with the still "coming soon" Avellone novel for Wasteland 2.....that to this day is not acknowledged as dead after all these years.

in the end to me my overall happiness with what I got is a 7/10.....but considering I backed at the $750 tier I think it's safe to say I'll never back for anywhere near that much if I do back again. Last I backed InXile was Wasteland 3 for about $85. They do try but have shown a tendency of biting more than they can chew and a reluctance to being open, honest, and transparent when some things do go wrong.....so I think that with Wasteland 3 I am about done backing and trusting InXile.....I'll at best buy their future games at release if they do release something and that will be that.

Jernaugh
Scholar

Post by Jernaugh » May 23rd, 2017, 12:40 pm

I got mine today as well. While the points Darth Trethon made are all valid, the flaws mentioned don't bother me as much. I did, however, forget to check whether my novellas were signed. :-/

kaiman
Scholar

Post by kaiman » May 24th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Darth Trethon wrote:
May 22nd, 2017, 5:40 pm
On the bright side it contains a printed and signed version of Monte Cook's novella which wasn't promised to be included in the printed novella compilation so that deserves some recognition.
Not sure about the signature, but the novella by Monte Cook (and that by Colin McComb) were both part of the printed novella collection. So we're actually one novella short, not the other way round. In the grand scheme of things, that must be pretty insignificant, however :-).

Shawbum
Initiate

Post by Shawbum » June 7th, 2017, 10:24 am

So it's been around 3 weeks since the signing of the CE's finished up and they started shipping out, and I've still not heard anything about mine. I'm doing my best to be patient, but am beginning to wonder if things are to the point that I need be worried that mine fell through the cracks somewhere.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 7th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Shawbum wrote:
June 7th, 2017, 10:24 am
So it's been around 3 weeks since the signing of the CE's finished up and they started shipping out, and I've still not heard anything about mine. I'm doing my best to be patient, but am beginning to wonder if things are to the point that I need be worried that mine fell through the cracks somewhere.
You can drop a support ticket to us and we can look into it for you.