Am I the only person still playing the game?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Valrog
Novice

Am I the only person still playing the game?

Post by Valrog » May 5th, 2017, 9:22 am

The forums seem deserted. I'm speechless. The game's not bad really. If they just improve the companions it'd be a gem.

vv221
Forum Moderator

Re: Am I the only person still playing the game?

Post by vv221 » May 5th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Everybody is busy playing the game right now, with no time left for posting here :mrgreen:

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » May 5th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Personally, I'm waiting for the big patch that'll add some cut content. And to be in the mood to do a lot of reading.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » May 6th, 2017, 1:42 am

Drool wrote:
May 5th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Personally, I'm waiting for the big patch that'll add some cut content. And to be in the mood to do a lot of reading.
Have they confirmed they're working on restoring cut content? If so then that's really good news.

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » May 6th, 2017, 4:12 am

Darth Trethon wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 1:42 am
Have they confirmed they're working on restoring cut content? If so then that's really good news.
I don’t have a link at hand right now, but it has been confirmed several times by inXile officials on the forum ;)

pyro
Initiate

Post by pyro » May 6th, 2017, 5:42 am

Hell no. Game is not worth playing currently. Gave it a few hours and its underwhelming, cut content, but with potential.

inXile need to fix the game, but no doubt due to Brain's insatiable need to get more and more products on the conveyor belt of mediocrity they've mostly moved on to Mages Tales, WL3 and Bards Tale by now.

Gotta keep churning out those titles even if you lack the resources to do them well.

Remo
Scholar

Post by Remo » May 6th, 2017, 10:55 am

I have yet to play, due to my rule about never playing games on release. Waiting patiently until all the mandatory post-release patches come out offers great rewards in the long run! Besides there is this whole "cut content" controversy, and while I am unsure its valid, I would love another director cut release ;)

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » May 6th, 2017, 12:16 pm

Finished it twice already, loved it, waiting for the extra content to play a third time :)

Insolentius
Novice

Post by Insolentius » May 6th, 2017, 2:46 pm

I only played the game for about four hours, and I'm still waiting for the patch that's supposed to fix a couple of remaining audio-related annoyances.

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » May 6th, 2017, 3:03 pm

I've played through once and enjoyed my time playing, but I'm planning to replay it only once the content patch is released.
vv221 wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 4:12 am
Darth Trethon wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 1:42 am
I don’t have a link at hand right now, but it has been confirmed several times by inXile officials on the forum ;)
KickStarter update #66:
To that end, we are pleased to announce that we will be working on additional content and updates for Torment post-release. These updates will include:

-Oom ("The Toy" companion).
-Voluminous Codex.
-Crisis system improvements.

Our initial updates to the game will focused on bug fixes, optimizations, and other improvements, while the content additions will come later down the line. Both the patches and content updates will, of course, be completely free for all Torment owners, including backers, PC buyers, and console players.

jsaving
Novice

Post by jsaving » May 8th, 2017, 11:39 am

I think TToN is a gem already and would say it is eminently playable today despite some fairly minor bugs that are still in the current build. I would love to hear about a patch that will restore some of the areas/plotlines that were cut from the original conception of the game, but no such patch is in development as far as I am aware. Am looking forward to the new companion and better journal system though.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » May 8th, 2017, 4:06 pm

I always wait for a Major patching in pretty much any game nowadays...
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

sear
Developer

Post by sear » May 10th, 2017, 9:37 pm

jsaving wrote:
May 8th, 2017, 11:39 am
I think TToN is a gem already and would say it is eminently playable today despite some fairly minor bugs that are still in the current build. I would love to hear about a patch that will restore some of the areas/plotlines that were cut from the original conception of the game, but no such patch is in development as far as I am aware. Am looking forward to the new companion and better journal system though.
Good news! We're adding Oom to the game (one of the companions that didn't initially make it in), as well as the Voluminous Codex feature for more journal-updating goodness. We're also making some other smaller feature improvements and bug fixes based on player feedback, as well. Expect to hear more fairly soon...

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » May 11th, 2017, 5:08 am

Played it some 10 or so hours.
Waiting for the "restoration" of cut stuff patch before playing on though. I like Torment a lot, even as it's not as good as Planescape, but that was a very high aim from the very start.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

acm
Acolyte

Post by acm » May 12th, 2017, 5:32 am

According to SteamCharts there are around 100 people playing at the moment, being outperformed by the Goat Simulator (which is probably great).
http://steamcharts.com/app/272270
Not sure about the numbers outside Steam, but yes, you are almost the only person playing it.

Quantomas
Novice

Post by Quantomas » May 12th, 2017, 6:35 am

acm wrote:
May 12th, 2017, 5:32 am
According to SteamCharts there are around 100 people playing at the moment, being outperformed by the Goat Simulator (which is probably great).
http://steamcharts.com/app/272270
Not sure about the numbers outside Steam, but yes, you are almost the only person playing it.
Steam only counts those players who play online.

Anyway, did you try the new game + ?