What is inXile's official stance on the quality of the Oddity Collectors Edition?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

pyro
Initiate

What is inXile's official stance on the quality of the Oddity Collectors Edition?

Post by pyro » May 5th, 2017, 5:15 am

I notice that no one has followed up on this, and Sear stated that they did not get advance samples of the box and contents.

I assume by now they have.

So what is the official word? Does inXile feel the Oddity box and contents met their obligations, especially in comparison to the Retail Collectors Edition.

Thanks in advance.

Eclipsiste
Initiate

Re: What is inXile's official stance on the quality of the Oddity Collectors Edition?

Post by Eclipsiste » May 6th, 2017, 5:12 pm

I'd really like to read an official reply to your question... But I don't expect any :(

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Re: What is inXile's official stance on the quality of the Oddity Collectors Edition?

Post by Darth Trethon » May 7th, 2017, 12:24 am

Well I have yet to see my CE to begin with so far.....I'd be interested in seeing pictures of what a backer CE even looks like. But judging by the tone of this thread I' guessing it's not very impressive and I'd have been happier waiting for and getting the retail edition....which was likely manufactured and distributed with backer money rather than being used to create decent physical pledge rewards for backers.

Eclipsiste
Initiate

Post by Eclipsiste » May 7th, 2017, 1:39 am

Darth Trethon wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 12:24 am
Well I have yet to see my CE to begin with so far.....I'd be interested in seeing pictures of what a backer CE even looks like. But judging by the tone of this thread I' guessing it's not very impressive and I'd have been happier waiting for and getting the retail edition....which was likely manufactured and distributed with backer money rather than being used to create decent physical pledge rewards for backers.
Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17684 ... You'll get the idea

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » May 8th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Darth Trethon wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 12:24 am
Pyro has 6 posts and all mostly upset...

Eclipsiste has 14 and a lot of them are upset as well...

Now that doesn't mean discount them because they have clearly had a negative experience, but if you look in the threads there are plenty of others who have had more positive experiences.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Eclipsiste
Initiate

Post by Eclipsiste » May 8th, 2017, 4:56 pm

Yep, very few posts for me... I must admit the disappointment greatly diminished my enthusiasm regarding TTON... This is my first crowdfunding disappointment, and I really didn't expect that would come from inXile. I had a nice email communication with the support team, but questions about what people at inXile feel about the backer CE, or the changes made along the way, were politely avoided. I just feel an official statement regarding that backer CE vs retail CE would be better. The overall communication around TTON has been lacking, and borderline dishonest sometimes.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » May 9th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Eclipsiste wrote:
May 8th, 2017, 4:56 pm
Yep, very few posts for me... I must admit the disappointment greatly diminished my enthusiasm regarding TTON... This is my first crowdfunding disappointment, and I really didn't expect that would come from inXile. I had a nice email communication with the support team, but questions about what people at inXile feel about the backer CE, or the changes made along the way, were politely avoided. I just feel an official statement regarding that backer CE vs retail CE would be better. The overall communication around TTON has been lacking, and borderline dishonest sometimes.
Agreed on the comms. They have always been poor at that though... Hopefully the new community manager fixes that a little.

pyro
Initiate

Post by pyro » May 10th, 2017, 2:55 am

Isnt it interesting that even the new Community Manager doesn't have anything to say.

This will not go away, so maybe someone from the company should show a little backbone, and a sliver of integrity and make an official statement.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » May 10th, 2017, 4:25 pm

pyro wrote:
May 10th, 2017, 2:55 am
Isnt it interesting that even the new Community Manager doesn't have anything to say.

This will not go away, so maybe someone from the company should show a little backbone, and a sliver of integrity and make an official statement.
Not even trying now Pyro?

Just cutting and pasting.. that's pretty lazy :lol:

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 10th, 2017, 9:31 pm

Most of this went down before I came onboard. There were indeed some unfortunate mixups with certain aspects of the backer boxes, several of which were beyond inXile's direct control. Across all platforms, we have repeatedly replied to questions and concerns about physical goods, and we have also dealt directly with plenty of backers who contacted us, doing our best to remedy their issues.

At the same time, as Woolfe alluded to, we have also received countless messages from backers who have expressed their satisfaction with the physical goods. Though I haven't been with inXile long yet, there isn't a day where we haven't been thinking about backers' interests. Our goal is to continue improving our backer rewards, addressing and preventing points of concern in the future.

Finally, I have banned the poster of this thread, pyro. The user previously had an account on our forums which was banned for trolling and flaming after repeated warnings. Evading a ban by opening another account does not give a free pass to continue causing trouble, and these trolling attempts are in no way acceptable.