Novella by Colin McComb

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Bleakmage
Initiate

Novella by Colin McComb

Post by Bleakmage » March 26th, 2017, 3:49 am

I realize it takes awhile to write something and write it well, but was just wondering if there's an ETA on that Novella. I'm done with the game, now I want to read a story in that world.

So I'll sit patiently and wait. Here I am, waiting ;-D

Just wanted to make this thread in case anyone reading this might have a clue, and could pass it on to me. Until then. . . :D

Godfather101
Explorer

Re: Novella by Colin McComb

Post by Godfather101 » March 26th, 2017, 4:27 am

Theres no ETA at the moment.
Colin was working very hard on the game (as he was the one "in charge" this time) so there was very little time to do things such as writing the novella and such.
So i think we have to wait a little longer (2-4 months at least i expect).

There will be another Update in the next few weeks , they will address that issue there.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 26th, 2017, 7:10 am

He finished his first draft last week. :)

galbyman
Initiate

Post by galbyman » March 30th, 2017, 3:28 pm

I just talked to Colin and he told me that the story is going to be an amalgamation of In the Mouth of Madness, Something About Mary, and Cool Cat Saves the Kids.

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » May 19th, 2017, 4:29 am

Will backers who purchased the printed novella compilation receive a printed Colin McComb novella?

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » May 22nd, 2017, 8:48 pm

This was said in the May 16th KS update: "The seventh and final Torment novella by Colin McComb is now in its editing stage, and our two remaining Torment-themed comic books are also in process. We'll be sharing those with all of you as soon as we can." Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... f=activity

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » May 22nd, 2017, 8:50 pm

dariussd wrote:
May 19th, 2017, 4:29 am
Will backers who purchased the printed novella compilation receive a printed Colin McComb novella?
Don't think so....just got my physical signed novella compilation with my signed CE today and only the previous six novellas were part of it and I seriously doubt they'll print, sign and mail the seventh separately.

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » May 23rd, 2017, 6:25 am

Darth Trethon wrote:
May 22nd, 2017, 8:50 pm
dariussd wrote:
May 19th, 2017, 4:29 am
Don't think so....just got my physical signed novella compilation with my signed CE today and only the previous six novellas were part of it and I seriously doubt they'll print, sign and mail the seventh separately.
It would be nice to get some sort of official word on this. I have asked this question here, several of us asked on the Kickstarter update and I asked on their Facebook page with no response. I also highly doubt we will get the seventh printed novella. When I purchased this as an add-on, it said I would receive seven printed novellas, not six.

Gushiloolz
Initiate

Post by Gushiloolz » September 6th, 2017, 1:48 am

Any news about the novella and the comics? We deserve some info about this.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 6th, 2017, 1:44 pm

From what I understand, the comic is coming along and is being worked on. Colin's novella is done, and right now we're working to nail down distribution for it.