mailing physical copies

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

kaiman
Scholar

Re: mailing physical copies

Post by kaiman » March 24th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Neat! :-)

Btw., I finally did get my UPS notification today. Likely going to receive it on the 29th, though I might not be at home or it might be delayed going through customs. So more pleasure for me!

Jordan Joestar
Acolyte

Post by Jordan Joestar » March 24th, 2017, 2:42 pm

kaiman wrote:
March 24th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Btw., I finally did get my UPS notification today. Likely going to receive it on the 29th, though I might not be at home or it might be delayed going through customs. So more pleasure for me!
If you live inside EU the customs will be not a problem. :mrgreen:
My resolve will open a path!

nocoolnamejim
Initiate

Post by nocoolnamejim » March 25th, 2017, 4:48 am

Nice pics. Looks pretty sweet.

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » March 25th, 2017, 5:50 am

kaiman wrote:
March 24th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Still waiting for mine though... :(

Eclipsiste
Initiate

Post by Eclipsiste » March 26th, 2017, 9:30 am

No notification yet, should I be worried?

Deldaran
Acolyte

Post by Deldaran » March 26th, 2017, 11:17 am

Eclipsiste wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 9:30 am
Naw I wouldn't be worried, they're doing the shipping in waves, so some of us just gotta wait, I don't have any notification either.

I wonder if they're going by an alphabetical order, or backer number order, and if the package add on content affects which wave you're in. I got the printed novellas coming too, I was a late backer and my initials are in the middle of the alphabet, it might take a while for me, depending on how they do this :P

AndreaColombo
Novice

Post by AndreaColombo » March 26th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Shouldn't the printed novellas include Colin's? That one's not complete yet, so the most sensible thing to do would be to ship the physical novella compilation separately.
"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."
— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fear

Deldaran
Acolyte

Post by Deldaran » March 26th, 2017, 12:46 pm

AndreaColombo wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 12:03 pm
Shouldn't the printed novellas include Colin's? That one's not complete yet, so the most sensible thing to do would be to ship the physical novella compilation separately.
Yeah, probably is what ends up happening. I really really really hope it doesn't happen like that though, I hope I get the completed 6 printed novellas now, in the same time frame with my collector's edition.

Eclipsiste
Initiate

Post by Eclipsiste » March 26th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Deldaran wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 11:17 am
Eclipsiste wrote:
Naw I wouldn't be worried, they're doing the shipping in waves, so some of us just gotta wait, I don't have any notification either.
I wonder if they're going by an alphabetical order, or backer number order, and if the package add on content affects which wave you're in. I got the printed novellas coming too, I was a late backer and my initials are in the middle of the alphabet, it might take a while for me, depending on how they do this :P
Well I backed the game within the first 3 hours and my name starts with a B ^^ ...
Since most of the way they treated backers is quite illogical I won't try to find any explanation here... I'll just have to wait a bit more. Gosh, they really have much to learn from Larian or Obsidian on this matter...

Jordan Joestar
Acolyte

Post by Jordan Joestar » March 26th, 2017, 5:14 pm

Eclipsiste wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Deldaran wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 11:17 am
Eclipsiste wrote:
Well I backed the game within the first 3 hours and my name starts with a B ^^ ...
Since most of the way they treated backers is quite illogical I won't try to find any explanation here... I'll just have to wait a bit more. Gosh, they really have much to learn from Larian or Obsidian on this matter...
I backed the game on 2015 through the InXile website. My name start with "J" (yes, Jordan) and my surname with "B". I don't know, maybe I'm only lucky to have received my copy on friday evening. :P
My resolve will open a path!

adamk47
Initiate

Post by adamk47 » March 26th, 2017, 8:00 pm

I backed the game a long time ago. I received an email in January about the physical boxed copy shipping soon. I updated my backer information on this site to my new address at that time. Well, wouldn't you know, I receive a shipping confirmation stating the the item has been shipped... to my old address. WTF? Evidently, changing to my new address did nothing at all. Totally pointless.

I checked the UPS shipping information and cannot change address or have it held at the UPS office. What the hell do I do now?

Edit: When I click on the Change Delivery button on the UPS site I get this.

I'm screwed. $65 down the drain.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 27th, 2017, 8:05 am

adamk47 wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 8:00 pm
I backed the game a long time ago. I received an email in January about the physical boxed copy shipping soon. I updated my backer information on this site to my new address at that time. Well, wouldn't you know, I receive a shipping confirmation stating the the item has been shipped... to my old address. WTF? Evidently, changing to my new address did nothing at all. Totally pointless.

I checked the UPS shipping information and cannot change address or have it held at the UPS office. What the hell do I do now?

Edit: When I click on the Change Delivery button on the UPS site I get this.

I'm screwed. $65 down the drain.
Hey Adam, not sure why your old address was used, but please contact us over at our support page and we'll help you out: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support

adamk47
Initiate

Post by adamk47 » March 27th, 2017, 8:15 am

Thanks. I did submit a support ticket last night. We'll see what becomes of that.

I'm not too far from my old address. I hope that if the shipment does not get delivered today I can just go to the UPS facility and pick it up. I don't know if that will work. I don't see any other option.

Eradan
Initiate

Post by Eradan » March 27th, 2017, 11:41 am

S I got my Cypher Collector box today. i'll start with some pics, I know people love that kind of things.

The packaging looks like something second-hand.

Working in logistics, I know how to pack things. This is not good work.

The way the novellas are packed is actually clever.

The game box is classy in a sober way (and I love the texture), but the content is moving inside. That's not a good thing.

Looks like the internal cardboard wasn't glued properly. I'm not sure I'll be able to straighten it.

All items are in good condition though. The artbook is small, but well made. The 'cloth' map is not really printed on cloth though.

I'm quite happy with the content, not so much with how it was packed. It may be a professional bias.

I still have two questions:

1/ Can the map be washed, and how? There's no instruction on it.

2/ The game DVD came with a Game Code and a DLC Code. None of those match the codes I already got through the Torment website. Does it mean I get a third copy of the game?
Barba non facit philosophum.

AndreaColombo
Novice

Post by AndreaColombo » March 27th, 2017, 11:48 am

One of the main differences between Techland's CE and the KS CE was that the latter had a cloth map, and it turns out it is not actually printed on cloth? Golly, that's amazing!

I love how the box is as big as Pillars of Eternity's, but folded inside because the actual goods are the same that can be found in the significantly smaller Techland CE...
"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."
— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fear

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » March 27th, 2017, 11:55 am

I got my stuff today. The poster was shipped in the same box as the collector's edition. They actually crammed it into the box so it would fit. The entire poster is ruined. They cut every corner they could, even the physical goods are crap. I contacted them for refund. I'll never have anything to do with this company ever again. This is shameful and completely unacceptable. They couldn't put the $25 poster in its own container.

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » March 27th, 2017, 1:49 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:
March 27th, 2017, 11:55 am
I got my stuff today. The poster was shipped in the same box as the collector's edition. They actually crammed it into the box so it would fit. The entire poster is ruined. They cut every corner they could, even the physical goods are crap. I contacted them for refund. I'll never have anything to do with this company ever again. This is shameful and completely unacceptable. They couldn't put the $25 poster in its own container.
Wow, this sounds absolutely cruel. But why do you wanna get a refund instead of a replacement? I´d contact InXile to do this---and I´ll definitely do it if mine arrives in the same condition as yours did.
BTW: Any pics?

Schurik
Initiate

Post by Schurik » March 27th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Ok, that confirms my fears about the poster. Not just not rolled, but crammed? In case mine is the same, where do I go to for a refund?

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » March 27th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Schurik wrote:
March 27th, 2017, 2:10 pm
Ok, that confirms my fears about the poster. Not just not rolled, but crammed? In case mine is the same, where do I go to for a refund?
Once again, like with anonymous6059: Why ar you talking about a refund? If they fail to deliver, they have to try to deliver it again, and again, and again...

Schurik
Initiate

Post by Schurik » March 27th, 2017, 2:35 pm

You're right in principle, but if they 'crammed' it in there in the first place, I don't have much faith in them getting it right the second time.