mailing physical copies

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Droliath Estolah
Initiate

Re: mailing physical copies

Post by Droliath Estolah » March 29th, 2017, 11:29 pm

Jordan Joestar wrote:
March 29th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Droliath Estolah wrote:
March 29th, 2017, 12:35 pm
Hello All,

I'm starting to worry. I still got no news about any delivery of my backer CE.

Am I the only one not to have received even an email about a possible ESD?

What would be the course of action you'd advise if it is the case?

Thanks
You have backed a standard CE or a signed CE?
It's actually a signed CE.

... Aaaand I just saw the post on the front page dated of the 28th implying they just started the signatures on those.

Guess I'll have to way just a little more.

Jordan Joestar
Acolyte

Post by Jordan Joestar » March 31st, 2017, 10:46 am

Droliath Estolah wrote:
March 29th, 2017, 11:29 pm
Jordan Joestar wrote:
March 29th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Droliath Estolah wrote:
March 29th, 2017, 12:35 pm
Hello All,

I'm starting to worry. I still got no news about any delivery of my backer CE.

Am I the only one not to have received even an email about a possible ESD?

What would be the course of action you'd advise if it is the case?

Thanks
You have backed a standard CE or a signed CE?
It's actually a signed CE.

... Aaaand I just saw the post on the front page dated of the 28th implying they just started the signatures on those.

Guess I'll have to way just a little more.
I hope that your signed CE arrive in perfect condition. My regular CE arrived in perfect condition, but seems that many of us aren't lucky like me and other backers. :(
My resolve will open a path!

Deldaran
Acolyte

Post by Deldaran » April 4th, 2017, 4:01 am

Received my physical backer collector's edition (unsigned) and 6 novellas with it. No damage, everything is in perfect condition shipping-wise.

Packaging-wise, cloth map was folded, so it has wrinkles, will have to research if there's any way to safely iron those out. Surprising nothing took damage on the inside of the game box, as it's totally empty and the items were just rattling in there. Will probably buy some black foam and fill the game box up, so things fit snug. Novellas were in a separate cardboard packaging, very tight and secure, they're perfect.

That's about it, hope everyone gets their box as safely as I did, I'll go enjoy the goods and play the game now :)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » April 4th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Deldaran wrote:
April 4th, 2017, 4:01 am
Received my physical backer collector's edition (unsigned) and 6 novellas with it. No damage, everything is in perfect condition shipping-wise.

Packaging-wise, cloth map was folded, so it has wrinkles, will have to research if there's any way to safely iron those out. Surprising nothing took damage on the inside of the game box, as it's totally empty and the items were just rattling in there. Will probably buy some black foam and fill the game box up, so things fit snug. Novellas were in a separate cardboard packaging, very tight and secure, they're perfect.

That's about it, hope everyone gets their box as safely as I did, I'll go enjoy the goods and play the game now :)
Great to hear!

By the way, now that we're a couple of weeks into shipping, we have some better numbers to go by. The first batch had about 9,000 individual shipments. Of those, we have 50 reships we're set to do for various reasons (including damage, non-receipt, etc.).

We know it always sucks if a shipment is a bit beat up when it arrives, but those rates are really encouraging for us - the numbers are a lot lower than Wasteland 2's.

Eradan
Initiate

Post by Eradan » April 4th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Can you tell me if the map is washable please?
Barba non facit philosophum.

Twigleaf
Novice

Post by Twigleaf » April 5th, 2017, 4:00 pm

Edit.......
Ignore contents. Working with support. Shipping conundrum.

I still have not recieved ANYTHING. My copy is not a signed copy either. I have not recieved a shipping confirmation.

Support seems to not be wanting to even take the time to check. I looked at the shipping address, and it was all corrupted, like they said... however I no loner trust them.

Sear.... are all the regular CE editions supposed to be shipped? I have literally been waiting, emailing support, and not getting anywhere. I have just about come to the conclusion that I have been robbed. Look at the money I have backed into these products too. I don't post much, but this has me very upset. People in Europe are getting copies. I am glad, but how hard is it to send one a couple States away? They probably lost my shipping data when they claimed it messed up.
Last edited by Twigleaf on April 7th, 2017, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiisai Banni Banni no Kawaii Bouken Monogatari !

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » April 6th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Eradan wrote:
April 4th, 2017, 3:57 pm
Can you tell me if the map is washable please?
I inquired with the manufacturer and they informed us that it is indeed washable by hand, but not machine washable. They advise that it is a printing product, so take care of the type of soap you use - it must be a mild/soft soap.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Eradan
Initiate

Post by Eradan » April 7th, 2017, 6:37 am

Thank you.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Twigleaf
Novice

Post by Twigleaf » April 7th, 2017, 3:25 pm

I am hoping, when Bards IV, and Waste 3 are shipped, that this can go a bit smoother. We have had a headache dealing with this, and all apparently due to a web page display error. My shipment was diverted and did not use UPS... so there was no confirmation, no dates, no rhyme, no reason. Even with a proper physical address as the mailing header. Perhaps when the shipping information on the web page mysteriously listed " Empire State Building " and dropped the State, along with the address... they will put a memo above it saying.... Display Error

The web page display errors when they audited for shipping have caused me a lot of trouble.
Trying to track things down has been many long days... of nightmares.

"Sorry for the confusion, this is actually just a display error on our site - when we swapped over from the activate backer site to the current it cleared state data. We do have your state listed on our shipping order, and if you do not have a shipping confirmation yet, as mentioned in the other email, you should expect one very soon!
Best,
inXile Entertainment"

Even then, there is no shipping confirmation when it is diverted to French Mail... to be sent to the USA.

So, I hope for the others, and other future games, that they help alleviate some of the headaches, along with addressing issues about formats and items in these CE's. We have backed all 4 of these games. W2, Torment, BT4, W3.

/twigleaf
Chiisai Banni Banni no Kawaii Bouken Monogatari !

Droliath Estolah
Initiate

Post by Droliath Estolah » April 24th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Hello all,

Any news on the shipping of the signed backer CE?

I'm still waiting on my own copy and it's increasingly worrying for me.

I'm a bit in the dark here so any new info would be appreciated.

Thanks

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » April 24th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Droliath Estolah wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 6:09 pm
Hello all,

Any news on the shipping of the signed backer CE?

I'm still waiting on my own copy and it's increasingly worrying for me.

I'm a bit in the dark here so any new info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Check out this thread over here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17776

Official word is that, as of four days ago, "Made an inquiry and it looks like the wait may be a bit, but everything is in process. Prints are at the printers, boxes are being passed around to be signed (as Colin's tweet demonstrated). Everyone has been really on top of this and it's moving along as quickly as possible!"