mailing physical copies

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

bagel-it-up
Initiate

mailing physical copies

Post by bagel-it-up » March 2nd, 2017, 7:47 am

I've searched through the FAQs but have not seen any mention of when the physical copies will be mailed out to the backers who pledged for physical copies. I have not yet received mine in the mail, nor have I received any notification of a tracking number or even expected ship date. My address information was all correct even prior to the cut off date that was notified in early January. Are the physical copies still in the process of being sent out and delivered?

Eclipsiste
Initiate

Re: mailing physical copies

Post by Eclipsiste » March 2nd, 2017, 8:25 am

I asked the same question in another thread... You can find some kind of an answer in the 65th update on the KS site... But to answer directly: we're all waiting for a shipping date...

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » March 2nd, 2017, 8:43 am

bagel-it-up wrote:I've searched through the FAQs but have not seen any mention of when the physical copies will be mailed out to the backers who pledged for physical copies. I have not yet received mine in the mail, nor have I received any notification of a tracking number or even expected ship date. My address information was all correct even prior to the cut off date that was notified in early January. Are the physical copies still in the process of being sent out and delivered?
I read that it would be a couple of months before backers received physical goods. No one knows when we will get them, but I think it is safe to assume they aren't in the mail and won't be for a while.

bagel-it-up
Initiate

Post by bagel-it-up » March 2nd, 2017, 8:52 am

ah, well then, i shall continue waiting patiently. it'd be handy if they were to mention that on the sticky FAQ section though. thanks y'all for the prompt answers!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » March 2nd, 2017, 10:29 pm

For what it's worth, I believe my Collector's Edition of WL2 took a month or two to arrive. That was a different company, but it might take a bit.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » March 3rd, 2017, 1:10 am

Drool wrote:For what it's worth, I believe my Collector's Edition of WL2 took a month or two to arrive. That was a different company, but it might take a bit.
(emphasis mine)

That’s what they want you to think :twisted:
viewtopic.php?p=182477#p182477

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 3rd, 2017, 9:20 pm

Torment's physical boxes have not shipped yet, however, Techland assures us that they will very soon. We will be in touch with all our backers regarding shipping details and other information in the near future.

In the meantime, all of our backers who are receiving boxed copies of Torment also receive a digital download version of the game from Steam or GOG.

Lunari
Initiate

Post by Lunari » March 4th, 2017, 1:57 am

sear wrote:We will be in touch with all our backers regarding shipping details and other information in the near future.
Does this mean that there will still be an opportunity to update our shipping details?
Due to circumstances which are entirely my own fault I think my correct shipping address isn't attached to my backers reward.
It would be nice if I could still rectify this, I would really like my boxed copy :(

Eclipsiste
Initiate

Post by Eclipsiste » March 4th, 2017, 3:10 am

sear wrote: In the meantime, all of our backers who are receiving boxed copies of Torment also receive a digital download version of the game from Steam or GOG.
Do you know when we'll be able to redeem a key for the Backer outfit upgrade on GOG? It would be nice to receive the same treatment as Steam users in this regard...

Deldaran
Acolyte

Post by Deldaran » March 4th, 2017, 5:27 am

vv221 wrote:
Drool wrote:For what it's worth, I believe my Collector's Edition of WL2 took a month or two to arrive. That was a different company, but it might take a bit.
(emphasis mine)

That’s what they want you to think :twisted:
viewtopic.php?p=182477#p182477
So let me get this straight, we had a bad experience because waiting for months after launch with Deep Silver distributing Wasteland 2's collector's editions, so now InXile went with Techland, and Techland hired Deep Silver to distribute Tides of Numenera's collector's editions?

Oh god.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 4th, 2017, 8:45 am

Eclipsiste wrote: Do you know when we'll be able to redeem a key for the Backer outfit upgrade on GOG? It would be nice to receive the same treatment as Steam users in this regard...
Pretty soon, but I don't have an ETA. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the DLC outfits were not specifically created for backers (but rather, as preorder bonuses) so that is why they are authenticated using Steam. GOG does not have a DLC authentication system like Steam does, so we need to use another method for GOG.

Takatori
Initiate

Post by Takatori » March 6th, 2017, 5:45 am

sear wrote:
In the meantime, all of our backers who are receiving boxed copies of Torment also receive a digital download version of the game from Steam or GOG.
How do we go about getting hold of the digital download versions from Steam or GOG?

I've received no emails, apart from the announcement that the game was released. My account emails are up to date.

Deldaran
Acolyte

Post by Deldaran » March 6th, 2017, 7:12 am

Takatori wrote:
sear wrote:
How do we go about getting hold of the digital download versions from Steam or GOG?

I've received no emails, apart from the announcement that the game was released. My account emails are up to date.
Check the backer portal -> rewards -> keys

Takatori
Initiate

Post by Takatori » March 6th, 2017, 7:43 am

Thanks for the reply.
Went to the backer portal -> rewards

Just shows my Torment Poster. Nothing else.

Deldaran
Acolyte

Post by Deldaran » March 6th, 2017, 8:00 am

Takatori wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Went to the backer portal -> rewards

Just shows my Torment Poster. Nothing else.
I'd contact support asap then.

Jordan Joestar
Acolyte

Post by Jordan Joestar » March 6th, 2017, 11:37 am

Physical box looks nice. :D
This is the first inXile's project that I've backed and the first time that I'll receive a physical box from them, so, could I know if we will have the tracking code? Also, the physical box will be shipped inside EU? You know, custom fees. :|
My resolve will open a path!

ToveriJuri
Initiate

Post by ToveriJuri » March 6th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Don't remember, but was the physical copy DRM free?

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » March 6th, 2017, 3:06 pm

ToveriJuri wrote:Don't remember, but was the physical copy DRM free?
I think physical copies (including backer ones) are all tied to Steam.

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » March 6th, 2017, 3:22 pm

The description of the physical edition included the line "The game disc will be DRM-free". I quoted it on Feb 27th:
Serjo wrote:
Brother None wrote:The backer and retail boxed copies are both going to be Steam versions. That said, every single one of our backers who is getting a boxed copy also gets an additional digital version, and will be able to get the game DRM-free from GOG if they wish.
You've sold the boxed copies with the description "The game disc will be DRM-free": https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... arts?id=39

Having to download the entire game from GOG is not the same as getting it without DRM on a physical disc.
Then they stealthily edited out the line from the description.

What they should have done, in my opinion, was to clearly mention in a Kickstarter update that they were no longer offering a DRM-free disc as originally advertised.

cryocore
Acolyte

Post by cryocore » March 6th, 2017, 4:10 pm

sear wrote:
Eclipsiste wrote: Do you know when we'll be able to redeem a key for the Backer outfit upgrade on GOG? It would be nice to receive the same treatment as Steam users in this regard...
Pretty soon, but I don't have an ETA. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the DLC outfits were not specifically created for backers (but rather, as preorder bonuses) so that is why they are authenticated using Steam. GOG does not have a DLC authentication system like Steam does, so we need to use another method for GOG.
Can you explain why Techland managed to get THEIR versions on to store shelves for release, but has decided to make backers wait for some unknown period of time? You know those of us who backed the game and paid for it YEARS ago. Do you think this is acceptable? Or is this just another side of how easily you sell out you backers to appease/prioritize your new publisher overlords?