Colin McComb apologizes for missed stretch goals - "We should have communicated the cuts earlier."

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Colin McComb apologizes for missed stretch goals - "We should have communicated the cuts earlier."

Post by Drool » February 1st, 2017, 11:06 pm

Woolfe wrote:Hire a goddamn community manager.
Agreed. Communication has been absolutely atrocious with all four of these inXile projects.

And, like I've said before, I'll work remote :P
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Serjo
Explorer

Re: Colin McComb apologizes for missed stretch goals - "We should have communicated the cuts earlier."

Post by Serjo » February 2nd, 2017, 2:42 am

Let's hope they can make the partnership with Techland a permanent thing for all their future projects - Techland has dedicated community managers that could really do a lot of good here.

Jernaugh
Scholar

Post by Jernaugh » February 2nd, 2017, 5:10 am

Actually, I'm a little surprised that said community managers didn't make an appearance here, to be honest. I know they have their own boards, but is it silly of me to assume they would be checking pre-existing ones as well?

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » February 2nd, 2017, 4:31 pm

Techland can't speak for InXile, @sear can (and does) communicate for InXile but isn't informed as to what should be stated about various issues, so it doesn't make since for Techland to chime in on these forums.

Jernaugh
Scholar

Post by Jernaugh » February 3rd, 2017, 2:03 am

Hm. So I guess the community manager for Techland doesn't coordinate with sear due to workload. Ah well, lessons to be learned, I guess. Still a little surprised that these issues were not addressed on the Techland boards or if they were (I don't frequent those boards), that no link was posted here.

It's probably more complicated than I'm imagining it, what with the coordination between the companies...

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » February 3rd, 2017, 2:28 am

As far I know, Techland deals with porting to consoles and publishing the game. They are not directly involved in the development of the game, they don't decide what's cut and what's not, and may not even be fully informed about the exact content of the game. I don't know the specifics of the deal between inXile and Techland, nor how much communication there is between the two, but I don't think Techland's community manager is the best informed to deal with issues about the actual content of the game.

willyum
Initiate

Post by willyum » February 3rd, 2017, 9:19 am

Wow. Communication should have been top priority. Isn't that the case for everything? I feel very bad for the Italian fans. Hopefully this will be mitigated with a future update to the game. Thanks to those of the development team that provided comments and/or explanations.

kanisatha
Initiate

Post by kanisatha » February 4th, 2017, 7:55 am

Colin McComb wrote:You totally have a right to be disappointed with inXile's communication. I'm not here to argue with that, and if it's a dealbreaker for future crowdfunding for you, that's something inXile will have to live with.
Well this fan and backer is totally ok with everything and very happy with the direction of the game, and will not only be backing future inXile games but also looks forward to investing a few thousand in some of those games. I hope you guys will keep in mind that someone being very loud and vocal (and repetitive) does not equal being representative of the "community." This is only my second post in these forums, but I'm just as much a part of the backer community as anyone else. There are a lot of us like me out here who love these games, who are happy to back them, but who avoid these forums because we don't care for the over-the-top drama.

Lordy
Initiate

Post by Lordy » February 4th, 2017, 1:25 pm

Hello everybody...
im so sorry to introduce myself with a rant...i really really really would like it went in a different way...but that's life.

I'd like to stress out that in all communication from my side to Inxile i've ALWAYS been respectful and educate, i nver insulted or else no one in InXile.
i was just hoping for some more respect on their side too.

This is a paste of my KS Rant, nobody answered there..(as well).

"This is absurd: i pledged 300$, to end up without game nor refund! Messaged inxile several times...nobody is answering but they cancelled the game from my gaming library in Steam, only because i asked for a full refund (not partial as they offered) claiming that i was willing to ship back book etc. This is not serious at all. I really hope someone from InXile or specialized press (which i will contact if nothing happen), read this and contact me becuase, frankly, after pledging that much this is not what i was expecting. i can understand (not accept) that inxile decideds to cut Italian from supported languages, but in this case, being this their decision/lack of promised feature, it's unfair tobehave like they are doing with me. I even wrote them that IF they are not able to offer me a full refund i'd keep my current pledge...nothing, nobody even bothered to reply me, they just removed the game from Steam and prevented me from loggin on my torment accoun on their website. Thanks very much 300$ backer."

Thanks everybody for reading this. i hope someone from inxile decides that it's about time to fix this thing.

PS It seems im now able to log into torment website, still though my game has disappeared from steam library and no refund was delivered (and again i never authorized partial refunds, therefore i repeat im expecting my game to go back to my Steam library).

Luca, an Italian backer "Cypher Collector" (backed as well Bards Tale IV, and happy of doing it).

Skyleaf
Initiate

Post by Skyleaf » February 4th, 2017, 6:29 pm

Lordy wrote:Hello everybody...
im so sorry to introduce myself with a rant...i really really really would like it went in a different way...but that's life.

I'd like to stress out that in all communication from my side to Inxile i've ALWAYS been respectful and educate, i nver insulted or else no one in InXile.
i was just hoping for some more respect on their side too.

This is a paste of my KS Rant, nobody answered there..(as well).

"This is absurd: i pledged 300$, to end up without game nor refund! Messaged inxile several times...nobody is answering but they cancelled the game from my gaming library in Steam, only because i asked for a full refund (not partial as they offered) claiming that i was willing to ship back book etc. This is not serious at all. I really hope someone from InXile or specialized press (which i will contact if nothing happen), read this and contact me becuase, frankly, after pledging that much this is not what i was expecting. i can understand (not accept) that inxile decideds to cut Italian from supported languages, but in this case, being this their decision/lack of promised feature, it's unfair tobehave like they are doing with me. I even wrote them that IF they are not able to offer me a full refund i'd keep my current pledge...nothing, nobody even bothered to reply me, they just removed the game from Steam and prevented me from loggin on my torment accoun on their website. Thanks very much 300$ backer."

Thanks everybody for reading this. i hope someone from inxile decides that it's about time to fix this thing.

PS It seems im now able to log into torment website, still though my game has disappeared from steam library and no refund was delivered (and again i never authorized partial refunds, therefore i repeat im expecting my game to go back to my Steam library).

Luca, an Italian backer "Cypher Collector" (backed as well Bards Tale IV, and happy of doing it).
I read your post on KS. I hope the good folks at InXile will help you sooner rather than later.

griso84
Initiate

Post by griso84 » February 6th, 2017, 1:09 am

Colin find a way to give us the italian localization :(

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » February 7th, 2017, 3:17 am

Drool wrote: And, like I've said before, I'll work remote :P
Only if you're doing it in drunk-McComb-Style. :mrgreen:

Infinitron
Adventurer

Post by Infinitron » February 7th, 2017, 3:32 am

Dork Mage wrote:Techland can't speak for InXile, @sear can (and does) communicate for InXile but isn't informed as to what should be stated about various issues
Isn't informed or isn't allowed?

Jernaugh
Scholar

Post by Jernaugh » February 7th, 2017, 4:51 am

A valid distinction, but does it make a functional difference?

Infinitron
Adventurer

Post by Infinitron » February 7th, 2017, 5:14 am

Funny thing here is that some of the devs mentioned cutting content on their Twitter accounts, a long time ago. We just didn't know what they were cutting.

ashan
Initiate

Post by ashan » February 7th, 2017, 6:08 am

Only lies, Inxile is not a serious company.. the first thing to do when making a kickstarter campaign is promptly inform everything that happens to their backers..you're only liars..i'll never support your games in the future

Viz79
Novice

Post by Viz79 » February 7th, 2017, 9:31 am

ashan wrote:Only lies, Inxile is not a serious company.. the first thing to do when making a kickstarter campaign is promptly inform everything that happens to their backers..you're only liars..i'll never support your games in the future
What drama and emotion :) Make sure u don't play the game too while you're at it, don't go halfway now!

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » February 7th, 2017, 9:34 am

Viz79 wrote:
ashan wrote:Only lies, Inxile is not a serious company.. the first thing to do when making a kickstarter campaign is promptly inform everything that happens to their backers..you're only liars..i'll never support your games in the future
What drama and emotion :) Make sure u don't play the game too while you're at it, don't go halfway now!
so perceptive, lets make even more drama by provoking !

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » February 7th, 2017, 9:49 am

Relatively weak, as far as provocations go.

Sometimes I think people on this forum even complain lazily (well, most, anyway), as if it's a chore for them.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » February 7th, 2017, 10:05 am

Firkraag wrote:Relatively weak, as far as provocations go.

Sometimes I think people on this forum even complain lazily (well, most, anyway), as if it's a chore for them.
*shrug* im simply amazed why some posts even exist