Languages

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Lorde_Apache
Initiate

Languages

Post by Lorde_Apache » November 30th, 2016, 12:06 pm

Hi,

what languages the game will have? Any chance to came in portuguese/brazil (pt-br)?

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: Languages

Post by kilobug » December 1st, 2016, 12:32 am

Lorde_Apache wrote:Hi,

what languages the game will have? Any chance to came in portuguese/brazil (pt-br)?
"Be available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish (text; the game's limited voiceover will be in English). " according to https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... troduction so saddly no pt-br. Perhaps a fan-made translation will happen at a point ?

Lorde_Apache
Initiate

Post by Lorde_Apache » December 1st, 2016, 2:42 am

It is a pity. A translation would increase sales, no way to play this game without knowing the language. And if the devs make contact with a fan to translate, like The Witcher 2? It was made by Tribo Gamer (http://tribogamer.com/projetos/), that now is translating Pillars of Eternity. It could be good for both, and could be released in the steam workshop. It would help the sales and make brazilian people happy :) ... I can contact the guy who is translating the Pillars of Eternity. With the support of the devs a translation could be made quicker.

Thanks for the answer... :)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » December 1st, 2016, 4:00 pm

We definitely appreciate that there are users all over the world who want to play in their own languages! Given the sheer word count of Torment, we're not planning to do any other languages at this time (though It's possible we'd consider unofficial fan translations post-release).

Corinzio
Initiate

Post by Corinzio » January 20th, 2017, 1:04 am

kilobug wrote:

"Be available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish (text; the game's limited voiceover will be in English). " according to https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... troduction so saddly no pt-br. Perhaps a fan-made translation will happen at a point ?
Italian has been deleted. :roll:

niko_pro
Initiate

Post by niko_pro » January 22nd, 2017, 5:03 pm

Corinzio wrote:
kilobug wrote:

Italian has been deleted. :roll:
why??????

D-D
Acolyte

Post by D-D » January 23rd, 2017, 8:22 am

Italian language is listed in Pledge Rewards of the Kickstarter:
NOTES FOR REWARDS:

Torment will be DRM-free and be available for PC, Mac, and Linux. Torment will be localized for English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... escription

inXile would never go back on a pledge reward, the change to the introduction is likely a typo.

Sempavor
Initiate

Post by Sempavor » January 23rd, 2017, 11:13 am

Italian was deleted? Really?

I'm a backer from Kickstarter, if it's true - and despite your statement on Kickstarter - TTON will not have an italian translation I would like to know how can I delete my order and have my money back.

Sempavor
Initiate

Post by Sempavor » January 23rd, 2017, 2:06 pm

Italian friends (and backers), enjoy:

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/179088-to ... t_c6087011

There was a Kickstarter campaign: InXile promised an italian translation, I backed the game and they took my money.

If TTON won't be translated in italian I will ask for a refund (because I pledged for a game with an italian translation), and I will ask to cancel also my pledge for Wasteland 3 on FIG, because I could not trust them anymore: if you plan a relatively small game, and the project grow up since you can't afford anymore an italian translation it is not a backer's problem.

It's your problem.

D-D
Acolyte

Post by D-D » January 24th, 2017, 4:07 am

We know this because multiplayer.it asked? Were's the Kickstarter update? Where the e-mail with a refund offer to Italian backers? This wasn't even a stretch goal, it was promised from the start.

Comments are very ugly there, but it's justified. Middle finger to Italy.
Last edited by D-D on January 24th, 2017, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ahriman
Initiate

Post by Ahriman » January 24th, 2017, 4:31 am

I'd like to know the refound procedure, too.

It was a unprofessional behave. Didn't thougth Inxile would have done a such pityful action.

And i backered you since the start... Never again.

AndreaColombo
Novice

Post by AndreaColombo » January 24th, 2017, 4:41 am

For refunds you should contact their Support team; you can do so through the TToN website. Send a message requesting the refund and explaining the reasons for it; usually they come back relatively quickly.
"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."
— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fear

Sempavor
Initiate

Post by Sempavor » January 24th, 2017, 6:37 am

I requested info through the Facebook page, and someone replied:

"(...)We certainly understand that some Italian users backed the game with the hopes of playing that localized version of the game. If that was the case for you, and you would like a refund, please let us know by contacting us over at our support page, here: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support"

Erevis666
Initiate

Post by Erevis666 » January 24th, 2017, 7:26 am

Sempavor, quindi è davvero confermata questa cosa? Ancora non riesco a crederci di come ci hanno fregati alla grande

Sempavor
Initiate

Post by Sempavor » January 24th, 2017, 9:38 am

Erevis666 wrote:Sempavor, quindi è davvero confermata questa cosa? Ancora non riesco a crederci di come ci hanno fregati alla grande
Se intendi "confermata" nel senso che c'è stata una conferma ufficiale: no, a quanto mi risulti - per incredibile che sia - non c'è stata alcuna comunicazione ufficiale. Però a me come ad altri utenti è stata detta la stessa cosa: TTON non sarà localizzato in ITA.

Erevis666
Initiate

Post by Erevis666 » January 24th, 2017, 9:43 am

Sempavor wrote:
Erevis666 wrote:Sempavor, quindi è davvero confermata questa cosa? Ancora non riesco a crederci di come ci hanno fregati alla grande
Se intendi "confermata" nel senso che c'è stata una conferma ufficiale: no, a quanto mi risulti - per incredibile che sia - non c'è stata alcuna comunicazione ufficiale. Però a me come ad altri utenti è stata detta la stessa cosa: TTON non sarà localizzato in ITA.
Ho capito, grazie della risposta. Aspetto un annuncio ufficiale prima di chiedere il rimborso. Non ho parole per questa truffa perpetrata ai nostri danni ad un mese dall'uscita del gioco

Sempavor
Initiate

Post by Sempavor » January 24th, 2017, 10:07 am

Erevis666 wrote:Ho capito, grazie della risposta. Aspetto un annuncio ufficiale prima di chiedere il rimborso.
Questo il testo del messaggio ricevuto da me e da altri tramite Facebook:

Hey XXX,

Thanks for contacting us. When we initially set out to create Torment, the planned size, and thus word count of the game, was significantly smaller. Torment in its final form grew to a much bigger, deeper RPG, and has over 1.2 million words. We are very proud of what the game has become.

However, later in development, it became clear the costs for Italian localization would be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and our stats and sales of prior RPGs showed the number of Italian backers and sales we could look forward to were too low to support those efforts. Rather than attempt a low-quality localization that would not do justice to the game or satisfy our fans, we ultimately made the difficult decision to not do an Italian version.

We certainly understand that some Italian users backed the game with the hopes of playing that localized version of the game. If that was the case for you, and you would like a refund, please let us know by contacting us over at our support page, here: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support

Ecco, fossi in te non aspetterei un annuncio ufficiale: a questo punto nemmeno credo avranno la buona creanza di farlo, e comunque la sostanza purtroppo non cambia.

AndreaColombo
Novice

Post by AndreaColombo » January 24th, 2017, 10:18 am

Francamente dopo la chiavata con la CE non mi stupisco più di tanto; né mi stupirei se The Toy fosse stato effettivamente tagliato. Troppo occupati a fare le primedonne con la stampa per avere un rapporto con i fan/backer.
"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."
— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fear

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » January 24th, 2017, 10:28 am

im just posting that i feel sad for our italian friends and show support. This should have been communicated earlier and openly.

CottonWolf
Novice

Post by CottonWolf » January 24th, 2017, 10:40 am

If they don't announce this before release, so anyone who needs to can get a refund, it'll be utterly shameful.