State of remaining Kickstarter rewards?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Serjo
Explorer

State of remaining Kickstarter rewards?

Post by Serjo » November 6th, 2017, 4:40 pm

As far as I can tell from Kickstarter posts and backer comments, we're still due to get:
All Tiers $28+: Digital version of Colin's novella

$50 Tier and all Tiers $75+: Digital Comic Book by Colin McComb & Adam Heine ["Torment: The Jack's Gambit"]

$250+ Tier: PRINTED TORMENT NOVELLA COMPILATION [incl. Colin's Novella]

add-on for $8 - Digital Comic Book by Chris Avellone (Not in Any Pledge Tier)
The last update on these was:
A few digital rewards, such as Colin McComb’s novella and Planescape: Torment Let’s Play, and the remaining digital comic books, are in production, but didn't quite make it for release. We are working to get those ready as soon as we can and will keep you updated on their status.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17148
Do we have any new information on these? Will Colin's novella now be digital-only?

D-D
Acolyte

Re: State of remaining Kickstarter rewards?

Post by D-D » November 19th, 2017, 3:33 pm

The dev are more acrive on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Torment/commen ... ra_novell/

"I don't know what the delay is. Let me check."

This was two weeks ago :lol:

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » November 19th, 2017, 3:54 pm

Maybe someone should check on the delay for Colin to check on the delay. :P

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » November 20th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Colin's part is done. It's a matter of securing the distribution process for the novella.

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » November 21st, 2017, 4:15 pm

phimseto wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 2:24 pm
Colin's part is done. It's a matter of securing the distribution process for the novella.
Colin is done with the writing part, sure, but Colin said he was going to check on the delay. There's no evidence that he's done with his part in that, hence my post. :)

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » November 21st, 2017, 4:36 pm

Avellone's comic book has also been "written and submitted and approved" for a while:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/statu ... 0501830656

Bleakmage
Initiate

Post by Bleakmage » March 7th, 2018, 6:07 pm

Is the Novella still not available? I still want to read it, not like I remember anything about the game anymore after all this time, lol.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » March 26th, 2018, 5:09 am

I just was thinking about this failed game and thought I would take a look to see if the novella & comic rewards were done. :cry:
Everything here has been one huge disappointment. Has it been over a year? When does it simply become fraud?
Nevermind, I really don't care anymore anyway. I guess that is what they count on.
I doubt I'd even bother reading it now anyway.

crazypea
Novice

Post by crazypea » April 2nd, 2018, 3:56 pm

Another tumbleweed rolled across the empty street, pushed along by the breeze. The wind picked up for a moment, as if sighing with disappointment...

"So this is how it ends," the stranger said. "With apathy and contempt."

I think it's fair to say we'll never receive the final rewards now. Too long has passed. And yet despite promising better communication a long time ago, nothing official has been posted for over four months now - the last official post was Nov 20th 2017.

crazypea
Novice

Post by crazypea » April 15th, 2018, 5:40 pm

‘This can’t be how it ends. Not like this,’ his companion said.
He smiled at her, but the expression did little to soften his haggard features. Nor did it soften the truth. He had seen it too many times before; been down too many streets, played too many games, just like this one. He knew how it would end and it would not be good.
‘I admire your optimism,’ he said. ‘But face it Jes, there’s here. It's abandoned. Everyone’s gone.’
‘We’re still here.’
‘And we’re the only ones ‘cept a for few ghosts, moaning and groaning as they haunt these ruins.’
‘I don’t believe it. I won’t.’
Quaid took a long look at the young woman in front him. She stood with her feet wide apart, fists planted firmly on her hips. He couldn’t quite make out her green eyes in the frail light, but he would put his last shin on the fact they were narrowed into slits. Her scowl told him as much. Her cloak fluttered like a pair of wings in the ersatz breeze.
He shook his head again.
‘You’re as stubborn as your mother, you know that?’
Her face softened, melting like lead. Then her cheeks flushed and her expression hardened once again.
‘Oh no you don’t, old man.’
‘What?’
‘You always bring up my mother when you want me to do something I don’t like.’
‘I do not.’
‘Yes, you do, and you know it.’
‘All I’m saying is that’s no use…’
Jes stepped closer to her father. His instinct told him to take a step back. Like the job, he had seen her temper too many times and he was too tired to argue. A sigh escaped his lips, but he held his ground. Another step and they were almost touching. He looked down into her eyes. He could see their colour now; green mixed with flecks of hazel. Her mouth widened into a pout, and the young woman vanished, replaced by the face of a child, no more than eight years old.
‘Please, dad.’ She said, her hand adjusting the lapel of his battered coat. ‘Just a few more steps. One more building and if it isn’t there, we’ll go back.’
He had never been able to resist that look, and she knew it. Bitch. He sighed.
‘Alright,’ he said. ‘one more building. And that’s it. I mean it, Jes.’
His daughter smiled and for him it was like watching the sun rise over the ocean. She danced away and headed back down the street. He was about to call out to her, berate her; tell to be careful, but as he watched, Jes moved into the shade, enveloping herself in the shadows of dusk. She inched along a broken wall, towards an archway and the artificial light beyond.

Just thought I'd do another post here, you know, just in case...

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » April 16th, 2018, 5:49 am

Hey Crazypea, it's something that we're still looking into, but there's a lot of moving parts to some of it. I am sorry that I don't have a less vague answer to offer. It is something that I'm banging the drum on to get some resolution to.