Colin McComb apologizes for missed stretch goals - "We should have communicated the cuts earlier."

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

RadonGOG
Scholar

Re: Colin McComb apologizes for missed stretch goals - "We should have communicated the cuts earlier."

Post by RadonGOG » September 20th, 2017, 11:56 am

Firkraag wrote:
September 20th, 2017, 6:21 am
Shit happens.
Are you sure shit was the word you were looking for?
:twisted:

Firkraag
Adventurer

Re: Colin McComb apologizes for missed stretch goals - "We should have communicated the cuts earlier."

Post by Firkraag » September 22nd, 2017, 1:40 am

RadonGOG wrote:
September 20th, 2017, 11:56 am
Firkraag wrote:
September 20th, 2017, 6:21 am
Shit happens.
Are you sure shit was the word you were looking for?
:twisted:
Yeeeee~s...?
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » September 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm

That's a bit of honesty from a dev. Perhaps more than I needed to know, and certainly more than I wanted to know. "I got a serious infection" would have been sufficient, me thinks.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » September 28th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Well, the bit about being absent at crucial moment of the production was quite important, I think.

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » September 28th, 2017, 4:28 pm

Firkraag wrote:
September 28th, 2017, 2:18 pm
Well, the bit about being absent at crucial moment of the production was quite important, I think.
Right. In other words, "I got a serious infection, which resulted in me being absent at a crucial moment." No other info required.

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » September 29th, 2017, 8:09 am

Note that Markland was specifically asked what the antibiotic was for....

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » September 29th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Dork Mage wrote:
September 29th, 2017, 8:09 am
Note that Markland was specifically asked what the antibiotic was for....
I guess you're right. He clearly had no choice but to tell everyone all the details, because, someone asked him a specific question. It sucks getting backed into a corner like that! :P

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » September 29th, 2017, 3:56 pm

Don't be such a drama queen. It clearly wasn't all the details. ;)

The problem isn't how much was said, but when.

inXile learned a lot from this project. Sadly, the project itself suffered as the price for that knowledge. I doubt, that Last Castoff's story could be told again for the first time, but I do hope, that - like Obsidian - inXile would turn that experience into other great games, using the same engine and ruleset.

Maybe, some other story set in Numenera. Or maybe something completely different.

I loved, how Tyranny was small, yet managed to tell a very good and satisfying story.

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » September 30th, 2017, 12:25 am

Bah, not all the details. Just more than were necessary. Just my opinion. I don't think I"m being dramatic for mentioning it. I guess we could go back to the forum having no conversations if that suits ya'll better.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » September 30th, 2017, 1:40 am

Okay.

Unless there's a conversations, that can change anything, I'm completely chill with the silence.

Arsene-Lupin
Acolyte

Post by Arsene-Lupin » October 1st, 2017, 5:58 pm

Has InXile learned, though?

It's been two years since the Bard's Tale 4 crowdfunding campaign ended, and they've had very little to show for it. Their interaction with the community isn't improving, it's getting worse.

jsaving
Novice

Post by jsaving » October 2nd, 2017, 8:55 pm

I do agree that inXile hasn't increased the volume of their communication, but they are more careful about making promises they can't reasonably keep. And that's a good thing all around.