I may have found my new favorite game! Thank You!

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Triskele
Initiate

I may have found my new favorite game! Thank You!

Post by Triskele » September 13th, 2017, 2:01 pm

Back in 2002, I was in the seventh grade and I was given a book called The Book of The New Sun by a family member. It quickly became my favorite series of all time. I have read it a few times and that worn down old book is still up on my shelf.

Fast forward to now and I have just started playing Torment: Tides of Numenera. I haven't gotten very far but I felt almost right away that this setting felt so familiar in a way, but I couldn't quite place it. I think the I realized the source of this feeling as soon as I met the kid running around the market and I was left with no doubts when I passed the green mutant man enjoying the sunlight.

I just want to say thank you to everyone involved in making this game for giving me a chance to feel the way I felt the first time I got to experience Severian's world. I love it!

Quantomas
Novice

Re: I may have found my new favorite game! Thank You!

Post by Quantomas » September 14th, 2017, 12:36 am

Hear, hear, InXile!

You need to market Tides of Numenera to fans who love reading and science fiction!

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 14th, 2017, 9:58 am

Thanks for the kind words! Triskele, hope you enjoy the rest of your journey in the Ninth World!

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » September 17th, 2017, 3:33 am

Quantomas wrote:
September 14th, 2017, 12:36 am
You need to market Tides of Numenera to fans who love reading and science fiction!
I still think your idea of marketing T:ToN as some kind of "enhanced book" is great, and I hope inXile will consider it at some point ;)